• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Sales Experience

go-rebels

Reaction score
I'm in the process of giving away my three Wyndham timeshares (309K points) and, instead, purchased a few days rental at Ocean Ridge at Edisto Island, SC. Upon arrival wifey and I accepted a 1.5hr presentation for a $100 gift card. Thirty minutes before our presentation start we receive a reminder phone call from the sales group.

We've been going to these "information seminars" for more than 20 years and now are coming in on the ground floor as a non-Wyndham owner.

We arrive on time and sit and wait for the sales person to come get us while others that arrived before and after us get taken away by a sales associate. After 30 minutes a lady comes to see us to tell us that there are no sales people available and we are free to go... have some complimentary breakfast and keep the $100 American Express card!

Yippee!!!

We sit eating breakfast and see others coming in late to the presentation. Wow, they found those people sales associates! ;)

Are we now on a black list for 1) Continually turning down their sales presentation, or 2) After knowing that we gave away 309K points? :shrug:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are we now on a black list for 1) Continually turning down their sales presentation, or 2) After knowing that we gave away 309K points? :shrug:

Either way does it matter? You got a breakfast and a $100 gift card ... still could enjoy MOST of your morning, Right?

That is called a "GIFT HORSE". Why you checking the teeth by looking into the mouth?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of giving away my three Wyndham timeshares (309K points) and, instead, purchased a few days rental at Ocean Ridge at Edisto Island, SC. Upon arrival wifey and I accepted a 1.5hr presentation for a $100 gift card. Thirty minutes before our presentation start we receive a reminder phone call from the sales group.

We've been going to these "information seminars" for more than 20 years and now are coming in on the ground floor as a non-Wyndham owner.

We arrive on time and sit and wait for the sales person to come get us while others that arrived before and after us get taken away by a sales associate. After 30 minutes a lady comes to see us to tell us that there are no sales people available and we are free to go... have some complimentary breakfast and keep the $100 American Express card!

Yippee!!!

We sit eating breakfast and see others coming in late to the presentation. Wow, they found those people sales associates! ;)

My guess would be 2.

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just spent a week at Cypress Palms and another at Bonnett Creek. We noticed that our name was highlighted on the check- in roster in both places. Alas... No update invite. So disappointed! Not!:hysterical::hysterical:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are really trying to get better at screening out the for sure no's They don't want to waste the incentive money but more importantly they don't want to waste a salesmans time

I was at one of the destin resorts in February. The guy a the parking pass desk handed me a packet and sent me on my way. Turns out I'm on a list

Today Im in San Francisco and I have an invite and a promise of breakfast tomorrow and a $75 gift card. I'm betting they don't let me in the door

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I seriously want to get blacklisted, but no luck so far. I have done a grand total of two updates in eight years, and I told both sales people I bought my points on eBay for $200 and would only take more points if they were literally given to me for free. And yet, I still have to do the parking pass tango every single time.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I showed up at 8 am for my breakfast and owner update, and surprise, surprise, they don't have anyone available to see me. they gave me breakfast , and a late check out and asked me to come back at 11 am. So Ill play along. I have nothing else to do until this afternoon when I BART back to Oakland to see my grandkids for an after school ice-cream

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
So I showed up at 8 am for my breakfast and owner update, and surprise, surprise, they don't have anyone available to see me. they gave me breakfast , and a late check out and asked me to come back at 11 am. So Ill play along. I have nothing else to do until this afternoon when I BART back to Oakland to see my grandkids for an after school ice-cream

Why the "come back at 11 AM"?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
They don't want to straight out tell him he's persona no grata.

So, they're going to bust his b@lls by making him come back at 11 AM so they can tell him then?

Oh! I get it! By 11 AM, the crowd has cleared so Ron won't interfere with the people trying to make sales.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, they're going to bust his b@lls by making him come back at 11 AM so they can tell him then?

Oh! I get it! By 11 AM, the crowd has cleared so Ron won't interfere with the people trying to make sales.

Thats the way it worked out

They told me at 8:00 that they had two groups of sales people, one that works with owners (upgrades) , and one that works with guests of owners or folks that rent from Extra Holidays or folks that exchange in. and the story was that at 8:00 no salespeople were available that work with existing owners.

So I came back and got someone that only knew how to sell to new people. We made small talk for a while until the right guy showed up

He knew they made a mistake when I told him what I wanted to do, (convert 10 fixed weeks to VIP points with a small purchase. and I wanted to know the difference between PIC and PIC express). He disappeared for a few minutes. and came back to tell me that they couldnt not do any conversions, and I could do 2 PICs with a purchase of 126000 points ($20000) Was I prepared to do that today? When I said "not today, perhaps at the end of the month", he left.. no good-by, no handshake no nothing

Ill be speaking to the head of the sales and marketing dept in May, at the annual meeting... more fun

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When DW repeatedly refused to attend an update at the parking pass desk at Kingsgate this week the lady decided to punish her by telling DW that she was enering into the system that we have declined presentations for the rest of 2016!

Of course we wish that it was true... Maybe DW should have begged her not to ban us from 2017 too...