• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Point of Interest Near Port Kent NY

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year on our way home to CT from Smuggs, we took the Ferry from Burlington, VT across Lake Champlain to Port Kent, NY. Not too far from where we got off the ferry we passed a Gorge with tubing and other fun-looking stuff going on but we didn't have time to stop. I wanted to google it to learn more about it for our trip this year, but I cannot remember the name of it. Would anybody happen to know the place I'm talking about?

Thanks!

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might be thinking of Ausable Chasm. We used to vacation in that area when I was younger, then I spent many of my college days fishing on the Ausable River. Beautiful country, but unfortunately getting a bit too commercial.

Last edited:

Werner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might try a different route this year. Go west on Rt 15 from Jeffersonville and then head north on rt 2 to the Champlain Islands. Take a tour around South Hero Island and cross over to Cumberland Head on the Grand Isle Ferry. The ferry ride is shorter here and a bit cheaper. Then head south on the NY side of the lake to Ausable. You pass some nice lake towns like Peru, NY and get a good look at Valcour Island, the site of a significant sea battle to maintain control of the Northern Corridor during the Revolution, perhaps Benedict Arnold's finest moment.

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's it--thank you!! And Werner, thanks for the suggestion. I like to vary our route home--prolongs the vacation feel a little bit.