• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

missing shell associate resorts

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Okay -- another Wyndham right hand KNOWS NOT what the left hand is doing!

I just went out to Wyndham-land (the reservation system) and looked up one of the Shell Resorts. Yes, it is there with a points chart. For this resort, there a STUDIO units and 1 BEDROOM units and when combined you get a 2/2 lockoff.

The Wyndham site's point chart declares 1 bedroom and 2/2 lockoff. The booking engine only allows you to book one of those 2 units. NO STUDIO units. There are as many STUDIOS as are 1bdr units - everything in that resort was 1 building style. Been there, slept there and all the buildings are identical.

The points chart has the normal PRIME, HIGH, VALUE, QUIET seasons with point values. I was looking for a STUDIO (none); plan 2, looking for a 1 BEDROOM. 117,000 points (okay, that is reasonable - CHEAP, as Prime season in the 10 yr old South Florida resorts are between 126-154K). The Shell Lockoff is 192,000 points.

Make sure I have enough points to go A-HUNTING. Type, Type, and Enter ===> get the dates I was looking for and the 1bedroom unit, but the points required is 129,500. DUH?

That is a FEW MORE POINTS - but still a reasonable point cost - again, as I am comparing this resort & unit that I have STAY IN 6 months ago.

UPDATED: After crunching numbers, I have the following costs for straight week to week on the same dates & resort:
a 7 night Wyndham stay is (my totally ownership) cost $906.50 If the Chart posted # of points required, my 7 night stay would have been $819.
a 7 night Shell stay (CA club dues) costs $895.

Remember, there are LESS units available thru the Wyndham. Both systems have various "fees" which owners MIGHT pay depending on their ownerships - like housekeeping, reservation transactions. Both systems have different cancellation fees. My Shell dues are in the CA Club and I believe the American Club dues are slightly lower plus the American Club would have an earlier booking window.

Looks like you are referring to the legacy golf resort in Phoenix. The point chart is wrong. That's not the first time I've seen the point chart be different than the actual booking points. How much you wanna bet it takes them a year to fix it. Looks like prime is 129,500 and high is the 117,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having ONLY stayed at the Legacy Resort within Shell, I was impressed by their STUDIO units. Every STUDIO has a balcony, plus a Washer/Dryer, King Bed plus the sofa bed. Yes, the kitchen is a mini-kitchen with a small under the counter refrigerator and NO oven; it does have a 2 burner cook top & a microwave. Plus the resort has FREE gas BBQ for guest usage. And the KING bed is in the same alcove as the kitchenette (some guys might light THAT feature). The sofa is in the alcove nearer to the balcony with a 2 person eating table.

The studio would be perfect for a single or couple. IMO.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are referring to the legacy golf resort in Phoenix. The point chart is wrong. That's not the first time I've seen the point chart be different than the actual booking points. How much you wanna bet it takes them a year to fix it. Looks like prime is 129,500 and high is the 117,000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I was talking about The Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix. I stayed there using my Shell points March, 2014. I had taken a unit tour (via a staff member) in March 2013.

When I saw this thread disclosed that the resort was loaded into CWP for Wyndham members to book ... off I went. I have several Shell units booked for my sibling collection reunion trip for a Spring Training 2015 trip - a 1bdr for 8 days and 2 studios for the 2nd weekend. Shell allows for longer than 7 night bookings. :D

Wyndham's cancellation policy is closer in to the check in date than Shell's ...

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, they are in the system but it looks like they are still in the process of putting them on the map. I can see Vino Bello on the US map but when I click on California it's not there.

Interesting. I had no problem getting to VB via the California map and even got to the reservation page. What DID seem to be missing was a corresponding choice on the drop-down menu for Associate locations on the Search by Location feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Yes, I was talking about The Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix. I stayed there using my Shell points March, 2014. I had taken a unit tour (via a staff member) in March 2013.

When I saw this thread disclosed that the resort was loaded into CWP for Wyndham members to book ... off I went. I have several Shell units booked for my sibling collection reunion trip for a Spring Training 2015 trip - a 1bdr for 8 days and 2 studios for the 2nd weekend. Shell allows for longer than 7 night bookings. :D

Wyndham's cancellation policy is closer in to the check in date than Shell's ...

Wyndham doesn't show any availability for the 2nd week of March. First available in March is starting the 27th, which is a little late for Spring Training. Not surprising, by this late date SVC owners would have booked up the good spring training days. I was there last year in Scottsdale on a RCI Extra Vacation. We had a great time.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Interesting. I had no problem getting to VB via the California map and even got to the reservation page. What DID seem to be missing was a corresponding choice on the drop-down menu for Associate locations on the Search by Location feature.

For me it is the opposite. I can see the SVC Resorts in the drop down menu and I can get to the reservation page. They just don't appear on the map for me.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham doesn't show any availability for the 2nd week of March. First available in March is starting the 27th, which is a little late for Spring Training. Not surprising, by this late date SVC owners would have booked up the good spring training days. I was there last year in Scottsdale on a RCI Extra Vacation. We had a great time.

Availability during those dates is wide open for Shell owners right now.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For me it is the opposite. I can see the SVC Resorts in the drop down menu and I can get to the reservation page. They just don't appear on the map for me.

This morning I have full functionality (map and drop-downs). I'm no web page guy, but it seems odd some people see different things on the same site. Could it be a browser difference? I use Firefox 31 on my PC.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Availability during those dates is wide open for Shell owners right now.

So Wyndham is saving the popular weeks for Shell owners and only offering weeks where they are generally not booked to capacity. Which is as it should be, I'd say.

Mark

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
This morning I have full functionality (map and drop-downs). I'm no web page guy, but it seems odd some people see different things on the same site. Could it be a browser difference? I use Firefox 31 on my PC.

I looks like it just started working for me too. That is not that uncommon. They might have multiple servers or my browser might have been caching the old version until just now.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, as I BOOKED the Wyndham Legacy Golf Resort 1bdr for FRI MAR 13th for 7 nights for 129,500 Wyndham points. Now, I have 4 units booked between Mar 13-22 ... :D I have the 7 night Wyndham stay and a 8 night Shell stay ==> both in 1bdrs. I have 2 STUDIO units - one for 3 nights and the other for 4 nights over the same weekend.

Those are GOOD Spring Training Weeks. :banana: I sure hope to confuse the SALES weasels as my SIL and I have the exact same names - first, middle and last....and are within 5 years in age, some what similar body builds and heights. Maybe, I should get a common Tee Shirt --- my 2 sisters did the Bike Ride of the California Coast together (7 days, 1000 miles, Arthritis Ride) ... the elder sister (by 4 years) made a different BRIGHT matching Bike Riding outfit for each day ... they had a great time as everyone talked to the 2 sisters.

And thank you to my fellow TUG members!

lcml11

Reaction score
The VIP rate for a 2 bedroom on October 3, 2014 for seven nights for at Carriage Ridge Resort in Ontario is 70,500 points. The VIP discount is being given.

For price comp purposes, is there a Shell Owner out there that can check the Shell rate?

Post 4 in the below link is calling a $99 fee added through Club Wyndham Pass for the Shell Resorts. Is there also availability for these resorts through Club Wyndham Pass?

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215693

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
$713.00 via Point & Play which is less than the normal MFs - I report MORE because I would have needed to BUY an Shell RT. I "brought" points from Shell - Cindy of RickyandCindy has posted many times about the easy and cheapness of dates close in to check in days.

Took 3100 Shell points.

But I believe Shell gives DISCOUNTS closer in to check in dates to ALL OWNERS -- not mega point or non-resale owners. Totally based on getting the resorts filled with happy owners.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
$713.00 via Point & Play which is less than the normal MFs - I report MORE because I would have needed to BUY an Shell RT. I "brought" points from Shell - Cindy of RickyandCindy has posted many times about the easy and cheapness of dates close in to check in days.

Took 3100 Shell points.

But I believe Shell gives DISCOUNTS closer in to check in dates to ALL OWNERS -- not mega point or non-resale owners. Totally based on getting the resorts filled with happy owners.

Thanks for the info.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
The VIP rate or a 2 bedroom on October 3, 2014 for seven nights for at Carriage Ridge Resort in Ontario is 70,500 points. The VIP discount is being given.

For price comp purposes, is there a Shell Owner out there that can check the Shell rate?

Post 4 in the below link is calling a $99 fee added through Club Wyndham Pass for the Shell Resorts. Is there also availability for these resorts through Club Wyndham Pass?

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215693

Robert,
When I was on the Shell site, there was both a 1bdr and a 2bdr available units. So the same inventory is NOT shared between the systems? Wyndham is getting a lesser sub-set?

And that could keep the balance between STUDIOs being used to upgrade to 2bdrs --- neither of the Shell resorts I checked on earlier today had STUDIOS on either their WYNDHAM POINTS CHARTS nor in the ONLINE booking system.

The Legacy Golf Resort is 50% studios - as the resort is 100% lock off units.

lcml11

Reaction score
Robert,
When I was on the Shell site, there was both a 1bdr and a 2bdr available units. So the same inventory is NOT shared between the systems? Wyndham is getting a lesser sub-set?

And that could keep the balance between STUDIOs being used to upgrade to 2bdrs --- neither of the Shell resorts I checked on earlier today had STUDIOS on either their WYNDHAM POINTS CHARTS nor in the ONLINE booking system.

The Legacy Golf Resort is 50% studios - as the resort is 100% lock off units.

Thanks for the info

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these resorts rentable? Any one here doing it with shell points?