• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Governor's Green

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family enjoys going to Williamsburg every year to visit our son who works at Busch Gardens. It's a nice perk working there as we get discounted tickets for Water country and Busch Garden. Our visit this year included my sister's family who traveled with us to enjoy the three days in Williamsburg.

We decided to make this trip our family get together every year. We stayed at Kingsgate this year and had 2 two bedrooms, which they put us in the same building. That worked out nice for everyone.

We own at Kingsgate and have 168,000 points every year and also have a 168,000 every odd year. I usually put the points into the credit pool so I can use them whenever. I didnt have a problem this year booking the 2 rooms 6 months out from August.

We were thinking of staying at Governor's Green next year and see the rooms go quicker there and was wondering how hard it would be to book a 4 bedroom presidential or 4 bedroom lock-off at 10 months out.

How many 4 bedroom lock-offs and 4 bedroom presidentials are at Governor Green?

Thanks for any input,

Kevin

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gov Green

There are only a handful or 4BR Presidentials -- maybe five of them at GG.

There are more of the combination of 2 two BR units which comprise the "4BR lock-outs"

I'd think you'd have an excellent chance of getting either if you book 10 months out and are not trying for a high holiday.

--- The reason GG books out quicker than the other two is because it is 1) newer; and 2) has fewer units than either Kingsgate or Patriot's Place.

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My family enjoys going to Williamsburg every year to visit our son who works at Busch Gardens. It's a nice perk working there as we get discounted tickets for Water country and Busch Garden. Our visit this year included my sister's family who traveled with us to enjoy the three days in Williamsburg.

We decided to make this trip our family get together every year. We stayed at Kingsgate this year and had 2 two bedrooms, which they put us in the same building. That worked out nice for everyone.

We own at Kingsgate and have 168,000 points every year and also have a 168,000 every odd year. I usually put the points into the credit pool so I can use them whenever. I didnt have a problem this year booking the 2 rooms 6 months out from August.

We were thinking of staying at Governor's Green next year and see the rooms go quicker there and was wondering how hard it would be to book a 4 bedroom presidential or 4 bedroom lock-off at 10 months out.

How many 4 bedroom lock-offs and 4 bedroom presidentials are at Governor Green?

Thanks for any input,

Kevin
Hi Kevin, I was told that there were 3 4br pres units at GG but I did not verify the facts. I was also told that sales locks one of them out of rotation for presentations.

I was able to get a GG 4br pres unit at the 10 month mark for early June 2013 but had no success this year doing the same. I've never seen a 4br pres unit at GG available in late June, July or August, therefore I think the chance of getting one in the prime summer months is remote without ARP.
I've never tested out the 10 month avail on the 4br lockout and don't know how many 4br lockout units they have. I hope you can get a 4br pres unit there as they aver very nice.

We have stayed in all of the 4br pres units at National Harbor and a 4br pres unit in bldg 4 of Bonnet creek, DW says that the 4br at Williamsburg was the nicest of all of them. We also had a 4br pres at Edisto Iscland but I would not try to compare the 4br townhouse to the condo at Williamsburg.

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the onfo. I see a 4 bedroom lockout for June now.
I have stayed in the 4 bedroom at palm aire and it was really nice.
I may have to buy at GG to get arp or maybe club points.
Not sure if it would be available with cub access.

The palm aire unit has a really nice view of the city.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

--- The reason GG books out quicker than the other two is because it is 1) newer; and 2) has fewer units than either Kingsgate or Patriot's Place.

Also, activities at Patriot's Place are rather limited (although the location is better for most things) and Kingsgate's game rooms and amenities fee
are totally annoying. The game rooms were overrun with children (urchins) with no parental supervision. The Wyndham attendant just watched the mayhem.

We go to Wmsburg several times a year, mostly to GG for holiday weekends, but we'll stay at Patriot's Place. If the choice is Kingsgate or staying home, we stay home.

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (Bonnet Creek, Kingsgate, Ocean Blvd), Twin Rivers
I love Kingsgate

Also, activities at Patriot's Place are rather limited (although the location is better for most things) and Kingsgate's game rooms and amenities fee
are totally annoying. The game rooms were overrun with children (urchins) with no parental supervision. The Wyndham attendant just watched the mayhem.

We go to Wmsburg several times a year, mostly to GG for holiday weekends, but we'll stay at Patriot's Place. If the choice is Kingsgate or staying home, we stay home.

I like the rooms at Governors Green better but I absolutely love Kingsgate. They have better planned activities. We go there at least 3 times a year and just recently started going to GG only because of the rooms.

The sales staff is horrible, they cover all three locations and it's almost impossible to get a parking pass without signing up for a presentation. I sign up just to get the free American Express. They all know my face so I don't have to sit through the hard sale portion.

Reaction score
We prefer Governor's Green over Kingsgate because of several reasons. The rooms are bigger & nicer, the wireless Internet connection was almost non-existent the last time we were at Kingsgate in 2009, we don't get charged the $5 activities fee which we don't use, & we don't have to worry about being put in a unit that requires stairs. However, my ground floor unit request was granted the last time we were there.

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing I appreciate about both of them is they have an adult pool I am legally blind and sometimes catch a ball in the face in the regular pool which is not fun for me since I can’t see it coming and don’t want to play catch..

I do prefer the rooms and elevators at GG along with an indoor hot tub during cooler months and no activity fee, yet Kingsgate wins out most of the time because I can pretty much get in there whenever I want to with an upgrade just by checking inventory regularly..