• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just back from a stay at Midtown 45

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a Mon-Fri trip to NYC. I thought I'd post a couple of thoughts regarding our experiences.

First, it was a great trip and experience overall. The location is very good, within walking distance of many locations. Grand Central is just a couple of blocks over, Times Square, Central Park, etc. are all relatively easy walks from Midtown 45. We felt very safe everywhere we went.

It is an urban location. We did self park rather than valet but it was still $220 for the 4 days. I'm sure there are strategies to save more money by parking further away, but with 5 of us and lots of luggage (why do kids need to pack so much stuff?!?) it was a tradeoff we had to make.

There is a nice diner across from Midtown 45. I think it's the Comfort Diner. We really enjoyed their breakfasts. We went to see Newsies - next to last week there, fantastic show. We did a NYC boat cruise - chose the twilight tour which gave us the sunset view, then the city lights at night, which was really cool. We also did all the obligatories - walked Central Park, American Girl doll store (had two girls age 10 and 12), FAO Schwartz, Hershey's store, Museum of Modern Art, and of course the 9/11 Memorial, which is amazing. My regret was not allowing enough time for the 9/11 Memorial, I could literally have spent a whole day there, but it is very powerful and it was probably enough time there for my girls.

One of the nicest and most relaxing time we spent was on the 33rd floor/rooftop. That is where some of the pictures of Midtown 45 are taken from, and it's much like the photos. It is very relaxing - we commented that at that height, the noises of the city are blurred and dulled to the extent that it almost seems like ocean waves. They don't mention it unless you're taking a tour - but it is open, so just go on up. The units themselves are much smaller than standard Wyndham units, but you know that going in, and they use the space well. We stayed in a 2BR and a 1BR, the 2BR was MUCH nicer than the 1BR... I suspect the 2BR had been refreshed more recently. It was on the side of the building that overlooked 45th and Lexington. The 1BR faced a much taller building that blocked the sun and was therefore dark all of the time. I was surprised by the "mini" kitchens - they both had large refrigerators and freezers, 4 burner oven, and a convertible microwave that I think could also be used as a small convection oven. Some of the place settings are stored literally at the dining room table itself, in a pretty cool configuration. The rooms also have furnishings that take full advantage of the small amount of space, so it didn't feel as cramped as it might otherwise.

Overall a very fun trip and I'm glad we found availability when we did.

ansmiley

Reaction score
Thanks for excellent review! We are excited about going in September so your information was very helpful. One question - do they have a concierge to help with reservations (shows, boats etc) and directions to places?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Nice review! Be sure to post your review in the TUG review section, too.:)

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
BigRob,
Great info here. Thanks !
May I ask if you traded into Midtown and if so, how was the trade achieved ? RCI, II, DAE, other ?
Thanks again,
Beags

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Answers to Questions

Ansmiley - there is a concierge there that is very helpful. We asked a few questions regarding places to eat, easiest way to get to places, etc. - but didn't go for hard to get tickets/shows, as we had already pretty much figured on what we were planning to do.

Beaglemom3 - this was a direct Wyndham booking, not an exchange. I would be surprised if Wyndham ever deposited any of these for exchange, since all of the available units seem to get booked almost as soon as the availability window opens. The first opening when I last checked was in January. We just happened to get lucky when they released new inventory that had recently been renovated.

Karen - I will add this in to the review section as well, thanks for the reminder.