• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Any experience with GC Getaways & Transfer Outlet, LLC

steve/NM

Reaction score
..and The Choice Rewards Platinum Membership Program.

Yesterday my wife and I attended a dinner with this company. We told them we were never offered the "Opt Out" timeshare option that was supposedly offered to all timeshare owners in 2010 (or thereabouts). They "checked" with someone and determined there was no record of a response from us. From there they said they could backdate this offer and give us the same option offered to all timeshare owners in 2010. Basically it's a program where we transfer ownership of our timeshare back to the resort owner, costing us $7125.00 over 10 years. This basically saves us money we would otherwise be paying on our $975 annual maintenance fees. It also provides for membership in the Choice Rewards Platinum Program.

This seems to be a good way to get rid of our timesshare (Tahiti Village II in Las Vegas) and change to the Choice Rewards Progam. Can anyone help me with this company and whether or not this is a good deal. Thanks in advance. Steve

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This certainly sounds like a scam.

You reference a "missed" 2010 offer but their website was registered in 2013.

The business itself was registered in Texas on 4/6/15.

New business promising timeshare relief with enrollment in a membership program. Huge red flags all over the place.

Trust me you don't want anything to do with these people. If you can transfer your unit back to the resort owner (you are the resort owner!), or the developer or HOA, then you can do it on your own without their "membership".

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
why not just offer it to a willing owner for free and save yourself 7125 dollars?

Bolen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looked at a similar offer from World Class Getaways out of Conroe, Texas, with the same presentation you described, which I've detailed in another thread...

When it sounds too good to be true...well...you know the rest.

Good Luck, Bob

steve/NM

Reaction score
How easy is it, and how much would the process cost....

..to give away our timeshare or sell it for $1..??.....thanks...Steve

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
..to give away our timeshare or sell it for $1..??.....thanks...Steve

Hi Steve - did you look at the link above (there is a walk through.)

I gave away two timeshares last year:

On one all I paid was the transfer fee (about $150.)

The other timeshare was less desirable - so I included one year's maintenance fee and the transfer fee.

So how much it costs to give your timeshare away depends on how motivated you are to give away your timeshare, and how desirable your timeshare is.

There are two big mistakes that people make when then try to give their timeshare away:

1) They don't post enough info. in their Ad.

2) They post once and then ignore it - the best practice is to go back to the Ad once a week and add more info., to bump the Ad to the top of the page, and generate new interest.

Last edited:

steve/NM

Reaction score
Thanks Denise...

..our timeshare is Tahiti Village II in Las Vegas.....our kids don't want it. What do you think our chances are of giving away this property?.....also are there TUG members who would do this for us?...Thanks...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
probably best answered if you follow the steps given above to give it a shot.

clearly you are motivated to give it away given you were intrigued by the thought of paying someone 7000 dollars in a scheme to hopefully get rid of it in 10 years?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
..our timeshare is Tahiti Village II in Las Vegas.....our kids don't want it. What do you think our chances are of giving away this property?.....

I have no idea - the only way to find out it to post a well-written Ad and see what happens.

also are there TUG members who would do this for us?...Thanks...

Giving away your timeshare is a do it yourself proposition. Everyone here is a volunteer and we are here to give advice for free - but we don't provide that service.

It really isn't hard. Look at the info. here and give it a try:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

*** You don't have to know anything about title transfers - that is why you use a reputable transfer company. All you have to do is post an Ad, and find someone who wants it.

Once you have a taker, the title transfer company will take over the process and walk you through it. They will provide the contract, communicate with the buyer, prepare the new deed, collect required signatures, and record the deed with the local recorder's office, and resort.

Last edited:

DONCOOK99

TUG Member
Reaction score
..and The Choice Rewards Platinum Membership Program.

Yesterday my wife and I attended a dinner with this company. We told them we were never offered the "Opt Out" timeshare option that was supposedly offered to all timeshare owners in 2010 (or thereabouts). They "checked" with someone and determined there was no record of a response from us. From there they said they could backdate this offer and give us the same option offered to all timeshare owners in 2010. Basically it's a program where we transfer ownership of our timeshare back to the resort owner, costing us $7125.00 over 10 years. This basically saves us money we would otherwise be paying on our $975 annual maintenance fees. It also provides for membership in the Choice Rewards Platinum Program.

This seems to be a good way to get rid of our timesshare (Tahiti Village II in Las Vegas) and change to the Choice Rewards Progam. Can anyone help me with this company and whether or not this is a good deal. Thanks in advance. Steve
Had dinner tonight with GC Getaways - did not sign. Large suit in 2010 against ARDA. Supposedly, ARDA tried to contact all Timeshare owners during 2011 - 2013 (probably impossible). This group and several others contracted to inform others of these options. 2 options - 1) 50,000 RCI Platinum pts (approx. 5 - 8 wks), no maint fee, all RCI resorts available, 80 % chance of unit availability, pts rollover automatically for 4 yrs, they will rent a unit for you for 10% ave $2k per wk, $18,000, and they get you out of WYndham contract. 2) pay as you go - no maint fee for yr you don't use otherwise $199; $199 for 1 bdrm for 1 wk, $299 for 2 bdrm, $399 for 3 bdrm, no maint fee, they get you out of Wyndham contract.
This is certainly more than simply paying them to give away your timeshare. Sounds like it eliminates some of typical timeshare issues, but I don't trust it. Am investigating further.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can get out of your wyndham timeshare relatively easily using the ovation program...why on earth would you pay $18,000 into a program to do so?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Color me dubious...

<snip> Basically it's a program where we transfer ownership of our timeshare back to the resort owner, costing us $7125.00 over 10 years. This basically saves us money we would otherwise be paying on our $975 annual maintenance fees. It also provides for membership in the Choice Rewards Platinum Program.

I fail completely to grasp how some independent third party has any legal standing to assert (on behalf of any resort) that someone can just somehow unilaterally "transfer ownership back to the resort" --- with or without paying this unknown third party entity $7k.

It seems to me that if the resort at issue accepts "deedbacks", any owner can accomplish said deedback entirely on their own directly with the resort, without any third party entity involvement whatsoever (possibly still involving some cost, but certainly not $7k), secure in the knowledge and assurance that the transfer will be lawful and fully completed --- and without getting involuntarily enrolled in some other obscure "program" which may not be of any real use or value in the first place.

Have you first made "deedback" inquiry on your own, in writing, directly to the resort HOA? Have you personally asked the resort HOA if they have any idea who this third party entity might be and, even more important, if the resort has ever knowingly and successfully "worked" with them before --- and, of course, whether the entity actually has any legitimate affiliation or involvement whatsoever with the resort? :shrug:

Sorry, but to me it this whole proposal has a faint but distinctly foul aroma to it. Per my subject line, just color me dubious --- at best.
Folks who want "out" of their contractual timeshare obligations should look into "deedback" (or free giveaway), but paying thousands of dollars to some obscure third party entity of questionable legitimacy and / or effectiveness is, IMnsHO, never a particularly wise choice or course of action. In essence, no one can (legitimately) shed their ownership merely by paying thousands of dollars to some unknown third party entity -- which possesses neither pixie dust nor magic beans nor "special insights". Just my personal opinion. YMMV.

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a timeshare from GC Getaways and from what I can tell, they are a legitimate firm. I didn't know how they got their timeshares and assumed they were a post card company but this sounds like a different twist on it. Doesn't seem to make any sense to me to pay someone $7K if your primary objective is to get rid of your timeshare and you don't care about owning a points program.

sadiehoy

Reaction score
Liars, all of them.

Don't trust these people!

Talked to one of their reps, Karrie H., and not only was she rude, but lied about everything.

Use this company at your own risk and expense.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Don't let these other people scare you, Steve. My experience with them was a mixed bag...

This is this posters first and only post. I guess even a shill has to start somewhere.

Its not scary, but responsible to call a lie a lie and state the truth:
-- Lawsuits against RCI (an exchange company) did not create any give-back option.
-- If the resort developer/HOA is willing to take-back your TS, you can do it yourself.
-- Or you can give away your TS for the cost of an ad + closing fees.
-- The value of a travel club membership isn't worth the paper their name is written on.
-- You can rent TS's and condos as needed, without an expensive club.

Unless you have $$ to burn and don't mind being taken to the cleaners, run for the hills.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is this posters first and only post. I guess even a shill has to start somewhere.

Its not scary, but responsible to call a lie a lie and state the truth:
-- Lawsuits against RCI (an exchange company) did not create any give-back option.
-- If the resort developer/HOA is willing to take-back your TS, you can do it yourself.
-- Or you can give away your TS for the cost of an ad + closing fees.
-- The value of a travel club membership isn't worth the paper their name is written on.
-- You can rent TS's and condos as needed, without an expensive club.

Unless you have $$ to burn and don't mind being taken to the cleaners, run for the hills.

Couldn't have said it better. A lot of input / endorsement from a first time (and likely only time) poster in his / her first moments of TUG registration.

On the other hand, perhaps we should at least admire the sheer audacity of a shill attempting to "sell broken refrigerators to eskimos" on this particular site.
Many here (...including me) were born early in the morning, but to the best of my knowledge and belief none here were born early yesterday morning. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The late Will Rogers once said "If you find yourself in a hole --- stop digging". Pretty good advice, to heed or ignore as you may see fit.

You indicate "former owner Wyndham" in your profile. In view of Wyndham's "Ovation" program in which deeds can simply be returned to Wyndham at no cost and with no further obligations, I'm quite puzzled by the many vaguely described gyrations cited in your story just to (allegedly) achieve the same goal.

Your odd claim that you somehow "exchanged my Wyndham and Westgate for a points based timeshare within RCI" frankly just doesn't even make any logical sense if you actually understood the legalities of timeshare ownership and / or the lawful transfer thereof. Additionally, the claim that someone allegedly (and quite magically) somehow "got you out of your expensive deeds" frankly just sounds like vague and unsubstantiated bull$h!t to me --- but what do I know?
As you've noted, my brain is perhaps just dysfunctional anyhow --- perhaps from drinking too much of that red Kool Aid you say that I've been sipping. :)

Anyway, continue to just color me dubious --- very dubious. But please, feel free to just keep right on digging here --- maybe even get a bigger shovel!
If you dig yourself in too deep, consider Will Rogers' advice. In the meantime, I'll keep some of my red Kool Aid chilled and handy should you get thirsty. :D

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So why are you speculating on something you have no experience with? Speculating about resolving a problem you don't have?

<snip> 12k is a lot of money, but it's not much compared to peace of mind and the great feeling that comes with never having to give Wyndham and Westgate another year of maintenance fees.

Not "speculating" at all; I actually have considerable direct, first hand experience parting company (lawfully and cleanly) with unwanted timeshares.
More specifically, I got rid of nine deeded weeks (plus two no-deed U.S. RTU contracts) between 2007 and 2013 --- all without paying any unknown, fly by night "Transfer Outlet LLC" a single penny, let alone twelve thousand dollars of my hard earned money to then end up tethered to some fuzzy "club" arrangement.

Yes, it took some time and effort and yes, a few of those intervals (including one "converted" Wyndham week) ultimately had to just be given away for free.
Yes, I occasionally even had to pay or split closing costs and / or transfer fees to "seal the deal" but, at the end of the day, all of those ownerships went to real people who were willing recipients --- and none were sunk into the muck and mire of any obscure "transfer outlet" nor loaded onto any fraudulent "Viking Ship".

My input in response to your sudden appearance and lonely "promotion" (the only such endorsement btw, among nearly 80,000 TUG site registrants) for this obscure "Transfer Outlet LLC" operation was solely to encourage people to not get sucked into (nor pony up $12,000.00 :eek:) to participate in something whose validity I simply cannot (and do not) believe for even one moment, plainly and simply stated. Others are free to make their own evaluations and decisions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: I now see right after completing this post that our intrepid shill has suddenly just disappeared into thin air --- as rapidly as s/he first appeared. Poof!
I don't know if the sudden disappearance (and removal of the lame posts) was voluntary or "aided" by vigilant TUG moderators, but I miss him / her already. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Brian Luzier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Had dinner tonight with GC Getaways - did not sign. Large suit in 2010 against ARDA. Supposedly, ARDA tried to contact all Timeshare owners during 2011 - 2013 (probably impossible). This group and several others contracted to inform others of these options. 2 options - 1) 50,000 RCI Platinum pts (approx. 5 - 8 wks), no maint fee, all RCI resorts available, 80 % chance of unit availability, pts rollover automatically for 4 yrs, they will rent a unit for you for 10% ave $2k per wk, $18,000, and they get you out of WYndham contract. 2) pay as you go - no maint fee for yr you don't use otherwise $199; $199 for 1 bdrm for 1 wk, $299 for 2 bdrm, $399 for 3 bdrm, no maint fee, they get you out of Wyndham contract.
This is certainly more than simply paying them to give away your timeshare. Sounds like it eliminates some of typical timeshare issues, but I don't trust it. Am investigating further.

I used to work for this company and other company's like it. After doing much home work and leaving this company and them still owing me close to $4000 dollars. All I can say is so many different sales reps tell so many different lies, trying to get your money. ARDA was never sued or used these company's to do their work. That's a lie. Trust me just call Arda. They also say a letter called a POD statement meaning property owner disclosure was mailed out to all owners giving them options, however there was no letter ever mailed. And when they say they will check and see if you signed. Well they aren't asking anyone they are just making it look good. It's also a lie. There is no such thing as platinum points as they call it. There is a platinum program through RCI but your points are the same no matter where their from when it comes to RCI. There is another company doing this outside of Texas also. They are called World Wide Escapes. And another one is LGI for Leisure Getaways Inc. They use the POD statement Lie or the some letter was mailed or a call. Lie lie lie Trust me if you ever get a call saying any timeshare company is wanting to meet you at a restaurant for an update then hang up. It's always to try to sell you some so called different points. They always use like olive gardens. Red lobster and many others. However Wyndham does do legit dinner parties for their owners.. Trust me there is easier ways of getting out of your time share. If any one ever has any questions about these company's called Gold Crown Getaways and transfer outlet. Or world wide escapes or leisure Getaways inc please don't hesitate to email me. Tired of them robbing me and everyone else

Brian Luzier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This certainly sounds like a scam.

You reference a "missed" 2010 offer but their website was registered in 2013.

The business itself was registered in Texas on 4/6/15.

New business promising timeshare relief with enrollment in a membership program. Huge red flags all over the place.

Trust me you don't want anything to do with these people. If you can transfer your unit back to the resort owner (you are the resort owner!), or the developer or HOA, then you can do it on your own without their "membership".

Arda was never sued. They are lying. I used to work for them and two of their other company's. All smoke and mirrors. Company still owes me 4k

Brian Luzier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

They lie. I used to work for them until I found out all their promises aren't kept and they just lie lie lie. Their Arda pitch and POD Statement pitch is a lie. No letters were mailed out ever. Don't believe these lies.

DONCOOK99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went to a dinner with GC getaways back in Jan 2016 (see previous post) and was given the ARDA suit, etc. Went to dinner last night 5/3/17, and no mention of suit.
This time - "We will get you out of Wyndham and your $2400/yr maint fee and get you in to our Club. Cost $199/Yr only if you use service that yr. $300 - $800 for a week at any available resort. Also, cruises, hotels, autos, etc. Get rewards credits each time (approx 10,000 pts =s $100.) Some resort weeks gave 140,000 pts. Also friends and family members can use Club and collect pts which you can then use against costs in future yrs. Also provides discounts from many, many stores, restaurants, etc. I am aware I can get out of Wyndham myself thru their Ovation plan, but would not get me into their Club. Cost for this up front $7500.
Wyndham maint $2400/yr. plus RCI exchange fees when applicable. GC $199/yr, Say 4 Weeks at $500 per wk, plus pts to offset some cost in future yrs. Sounds like a money saver after a couple of years. Have temporary access to their website, thus will research some prices, reward pts. BUT,
young company, can they really provide/guarantee access to any available resort, etc. and will they be quality resorts, what is reality of costs/reward pts?

I have read and read about concerns with this type of pitch and am not inclined to go with this one, but does anyone have actual experience with GC itself and their Club?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what more experience or info do you need than what is posted above?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
....does anyone have actual experience with GC itself and their Club?

Not me, and I think that you will be hard pressed to find much personal experience with many (if any) "vacation clubs" --- least of all one with no name, an unverified existence and a completely unknown future. Maybe I'll be proven wrong (...but I hear only crickets).

If you want to bail out of Wyndham, why not just do so via "Ovation" for the grand total cost of zero, with no attached obligations or membership in some obscure "club" that might not exist a year from now (assuming that it even actually exists today)? :shrug:

Last edited: