• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What system is best to buy into for renting?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
A corner case is an engineering term: a "situation that ... manifests itself when multiple environmental variables or conditions are simultaneously at extreme levels, even though each parameter is within the specified range for that parameter."

Applied to renting, it translates to a very specific week/resort combination (or small set thereof) that is unusually profitable vs. most weeks at that resort/most resorts in that system.

For example, one that I've noticed is Easter at Bonnet Creek. It can be in Value Season, even though the other Orlando resorts are in High/Peak during that time, and even though Easter is maybe the #2 demand week in the Disney universe. Of course, lots of other people have noticed this too, so the competition for those weeks is stiff.

(Edited to add: or maybe I'm thinking of Thanksgiving at Bonnet. I'm not a renter, so I've not kept track.)

Many business do what I would call "dynamic pricing" to balance supply and demand. Two examples of what Im talking about are the airlines and RCI. You can call today and get a price for a flight and the number of TPU required for your timeshare vacation 6 months from now. take the time to get competing prices from other airlines and vacation accommodation providers, then call back to find the airline and RCI present you with completely different prices>

Similarly a hotel can have a regular nightly rate but if some special event is happening they will raise their rates significantly to try and balance supply and demand

My timeshares dont do that Using Bike week in Daytona Beach as an example; a week in a two bedroom the week before Bike week and during bike week and the week after bike week all cost me exactly the same number of wyndham points.. Thats nuts, And its the kind of thing I look for.. A special event at a high demand time and location (ideally with low supply ) but prices just like any other time

Another example. Worldmark puts the first week of May in New Orleans, in White Season That week happens to be the second week of Jazz Fest a very popular event . Thats nuts too, but I take advantage of it

and yet another example. Worldmark has very low mf, especially at their older legacy resorts. The beaches in the Pacific North west are very popular in the summer. Price what what it would cost you to house your family at a hotel or someones rental property for the 4th of July and compare that to a 2 bedroom at a Worldmark ocean fron property (2 bedroom is under $100 a night. again,,,thats nuts, or a February weekin Hawaii for the same money...

So as timeshare owners we can get super good deals on what I call special times at special places.. To my way of thinking these deals are the only reason to buy a timeshare

Then I go the next step and monetize them