• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Desert Oasis EOY Even * Gold+ * Free to a tugger

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Also listed in the marketplace...

If you are looking to have access to both Interval and RCI for Getaways and Last Calls, and also want Starwood preference for trading, you can't beat an SDO unit.

This every-other-year (EOY) unit can be reserved for any week during the year, from 1-52. Maintenance fees are paid half each year - currently $405 each year. This gives you one great trade every two years, plus gives you access to the discounted rental inventory in II and RCI (if you register your unit with both companies). First year of use is 2016.

The first maintenance fee will be due in January 2015. Once the full 2016 maintenance fees have been paid (as early as 2015), you can deposit the unit and start trading.

If you prefer to stay in your unit, this is the larger side of the lockout with ample room for four people. The premium unit includes a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and a large patio with seating for four. The units at Sheraton Desert Oasis have been recently renovated. The unit can be reserved during Spring Training.

I have two SDO units so I am letting this one go. It was a low cost unit that I purchased on ebay and I am going to pay it forward and give it away to a fellow tugger. I would like to use Legal Timeshare Transfer. Closing costs to be paid by the buyer will be $175.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Based on the MF, I suspect this is a large 1-bed unit. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on the MF, I suspect this is a large 1-bed unit. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad

Yes, it is the "premium" 1 bedroom.

jfalkingham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newbie to to this thread - how is the trading opportunity for SDO? We would probably never go there with 3 small kids and being in New England but would like to trade out on the even year.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have had great luck with this unit but trading always involves some risk. I used this unit to get a two bedroom in Maui (WKORV) in November 2013 with the 2012 week, and a two bedroom in Kauai (WPORV) in April 2014 with my 2014 week. To do this you have to do an instant exchange when the developer deposits many units all at once (called a bulk deposit). This year the bulk deposits have been virtually non-existent, and I haven't seen any two bedroom units.

If you need a two bedroom during high seasons (summers and school breaks) I think that you would be better off with a two bedroom unit. But if you want to trade into something off season with this unit, and then use the Getaways (Interval International) or Last Calls (RCI) then this could work for you.

As much as I would like to give this away, I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction. :)

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lots of interest...but still available. :hi:

I just checked II to see what you can book with this unit, and while I can't post the dates, I am seeing 2 bedroom Marriott units in these places:

Aruba (Flex)
Palm Desert
Phoenix
Orlando
Park City
Spain
St. Kitts
St. Thomas
Las Vegas
Lake Tahoe
Vail
Williamsburg
Hilton Head
Palm Beach

All of these except Aruba are shoulder season trades, but if you have that flexibility in your schedule, this unit trades really well.

In fact, I just used one of my deposited units to book a 2 bedroom Workmark in Vancouver in the fall of 2015. I saw summer weeks there too but those didn't work with my schedule. As you can see, there are lots of possibilities with this unit.

-------------

*Just adding a note: Since this list of potential exchanges doesn't include any specifics, it doesn't violate the "Sightings" rules - Thanks, DeniseM

Last edited by a moderator:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have an interested buyer, but if you want to be on the backup list, let me know.