• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013]Free: San Clemente Inn 1bdrm, VRI-managed, Near Beach, Summer 2014 Week Booked!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am continuing to adjust my timeshare portfolio. I own five SoCal weeks and really only need two or three. So, I am offering this San Clemente Inn week for free!

This is a one-bedroom unit that sleeps 4. MFs for 2013 were $698, which is very reasonable by California standards. 2014 MFs can be paid in two installments, half in December and half in June. There are *no* real estate taxes on this unit because Orange County doesn't consider it worthwhile to bill the taxes on such a low-value property and has therefore purged it from their tax rolls. (Unlike San Diego county, which nickles-and-dimes timeshare owners for everything -- don't get me started! :rolleyes:)

I can handle the closing myself (and very quickly, too), so the only cost to the new owner would be the $100 resort transfer fee charged by the management company, VRI.

San Clemente Inn is a well-run resort with an owner-elected board located in Orange County about halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles. It boarders San Clemente Sate Park and is about a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. Is is in the middle of a renovation that is being completed with no special assessment.

This is a prime-season floating week (it floats most of the year except winter.) It does take some planning to book a summer week, but I have always been able to book something in the summer, generally after one or two tries by phone or fax. (July 4th week can only be booked in person.) I have August 17, 2014 booked for next year. I have always been easily able to rent my summer reservations and get my MFs back.

This week can be traded in RCI, although RCI is only offering 33 TPUs (rather low for SoCal.) It can also be traded through II and this week is offered an AC (bonus week) every year.

This week also can be traded through VRI*ety. (A very useful exchange system that is only for owners of VRI weeks, and that has been discussed quite a bit on TUG lately.) This week would be on the pricey side for depositing into VRI*ety, but once you are an owner of a VRI-managed week, you can deposit any week you own into VRI*ety. (I don't think you ever have to deposit a VRI-managed week to get access to VRI*ety -- you just have to own a VRI-managed week.)

So, this is a very flexible ownership -- you can spend a summer week at the beach in SoCal, or rent it, trade it with RCI or II, join VRI*ety, etc.

If you see a San Clemente Inn listed anywhere else (say, eBay), ask yourself: Does this come with a summer reservation for next year? If not, you are likely to get only a spring or fall week for your first year's MF. Buy (well, take for free) from a TUG member (me) and get a guaranteed summer 2014 week!

themays

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the time share? If so, please PM me. :)

Lesley