• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free to a good home - SDO 1 bedroom annual

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1 bedroom Sheraton Desert Oasis annual which I was gifted last year by a generous tugger. I'm placing this up for adoption as I now have two of them and am finding that I don't really need two. I have executed three great trades with these in Interval and obtained a 2BR at Four Seasons Aviara, a 2 BR Master Suite at Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya, and a 2 BR at Marriott's Ocean Pointe. Here are the details regarding the unit:

SDO 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 500 SQF - this is the one with partial kitchen, not the deluxe, deeded unit is 1031

Annual usage, first available use would be 2015

This is a gold plus week, floating 1-52 (deeded week 03)

Annual maintenance fee approx. $645

The resort was recently renovated, and looks absolutely beautiful. I visited in May to see what was done for myself. Will try to figure out how to post photos on TUG, but the Starwood website has updated images at https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/sheraton-desert-oasis/villas/#floorplan-1

Highly recommend Legal Timeshare Transfer for the closing. Your cost to close is estimated at approx. $175 which would include the $25 Starwood transfer fee.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Updated master bedroom photo

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping, still available

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No just means u are bumping your message up to the top :)

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a week reserved for 2015? I assume the 2014 week has been used?

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi sorry for delayed response. There is no mortgage on this so title will pass free and clear. I have not booked a 2015 reservation, but happy to do so for new owner.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the problem you're going to have is that the best March spring training weeks are probably no longer available for 2015.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I think the problem you're going to have is that the best March spring training weeks are probably no longer available for 2015.

I was just on starcentral.com. There are a few one bedrooms for the first week of March. I don't know what size they are.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But if you want to use it as a trader in II, you do not get to reserve a week. Starwood deposits SDO week as a blended week.

dvcbwv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV
DVC BLT
DVC GCV
DVC OKW
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC Bay Club
Wyndham Grand Desert
...but there's always room for one more.
Can you pm me please with regard to the trading with II? Interested.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
But if you want to use it as a trader in II, you do not get to reserve a week. Starwood deposits SDO week as a blended week.

Pulls great instant trades. With 1BR, I have traded for

Westin Keirland Villas 2BR
Westin Lagunamar 2BR
Marriott Grand Vista 2BR and 3BR
Hyatt Mountain Lodge 2BR

Waiting to pounce on the next Starwood deposit....:D

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm not up on baseball so I don't know what the best weeks are, but I would agree for high demand weeks it is best to book a year in advance. I reserved my other SDO 1 bed back in February for Super Bowl week thinking I would rent it out. There is still some availability in March according to mystarcentral.com. I'll attach a screenshot here.

Attachments

• sdo avail 0315.tiff.pdf
    47.9 KB · Views: 43