• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another "Wish I found Tug Before I Bought"

Flyguy1950

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a WVV resale. Pd less than $900 with pd RCI and 2 bonus wks. I know it has alot of negative reviews but it is what it is. My questions are more about what are the taxes? My MF is $779 and I have a 2 BR Deluxe wk 18. Will I be able to trade thru RCI? Any chance of trading a wk in Hawaii at one of the older TS's? If anyone has any advice or experience both good and bad I would like to hear from you.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a WVV resale. Pd less than $900 with pd RCI and 2 bonus wks. I know it has alot of negative reviews but it is what it is. My questions are more about what are the taxes? My MF is $779 and I have a 2 BR Deluxe wk 18. Will I be able to trade thru RCI? Any chance of trading a wk in Hawaii at one of the older TS's? If anyone has any advice or experience both good and bad I would like to hear from you.

WVV? Is that the Weston Vacation Villas?

From what I have heard, this trades well. The mystery is why it trades well when it is not particularly desirable.

If what I recall from another thread is correct, you may be able to get some fairly nice resorts in Hawaii. More of the laid back type than the luxurious type.

elaine

Flyguy1950

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info It is helpful especially with me being a newbie. If I am able to trade for Hawaii the laid back resorts would be exactly what I am looking for. I appreciate your response

Thanks

Bruce

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
He Wishes !

WVV? Is that the Weston Vacation Villas?
Given the early buyer remorse that's already set in, I'm guessing it's WestGate Vacation Villas.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

While Wastegate is not the ideal place to own at least you have one that trades with both RCI & II. As RCI tends to get far less inventory from WG than II ot tends to have a greater trade value with RCI. We owned it for over 15 years and found it to be a good trader.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Dodging Full Freight Is The Main Thing.

While Wastegate is not the ideal place to own at least you have one that trades with both RCI & II. As RCI tends to get far less inventory from WG than II ot tends to have a greater trade value with RCI. We owned it for over 15 years and found it to be a good trader.
Plus, OP did not buy it at full freight from the timeshare company.

Buy timeshares resale.

Pretty much everything else is details.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
You Typed A Mouthful.

So far the best thing about owning a TS has been TUG.
You are correct, sir.

TUG -- & specially TUG-BBS -- not only give useful & fun information about timeshares & timeshare vacationing, they also provide vicarious year-round enjoyment of timeshares even when we're just sitting home typing on the electric computer.

Is this a great web site or what ?

Flyguy1950

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I ended up rescinding at WGV and bought DVC at OKW resale.

After receiving good advice here at TUG, and doing more research I decided it wasnt a good purchase for me. Several owners were offering them up for free including MF fees for the year. It was pointed out that the fees are ongoing and you can actually rent for less. I was left to the conclusion-why buy?

I liked OKW and it was reasonable as prices seemed to have dropped plus MF's were lower than WGV.

I have learned a lot on these boards and the first lesson is patience. I made the initial purchase as a newbie then found TUG before it was too late.

I appreciate all who provided such valuable advice that in the end helped me make a decision that I was comfortable with going forward.

Bruce

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we love to hear happy endings to these posts!