• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Giving a free Sunset World Resort Timeshare

Stephanie88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We own a timeshare called "Sunset World Resort" in Cancun, Mexico. We have been on a few vacations here and I must say the resorts are very beautiful. Unfortunately, we just don't have the time to go on vacation as much as we like, thus would like to give it away.

Sunset World Resort (Has 4 resorts to choose from)
-Unit Size: 2 bedroom Suite, 1432 ft, fits 8 people
-season owned: Gold (All Inclusive)
-maintenance fee: $815 USD

The property has all been paid off and so has the 2015 Maintenance Fee.
There are 3 weeks of vacation that have not been used up yet.

Moreover, we are offering to pay for the title transfer/closing fees.

The Mexican Caribbean is the perfect setting for a world class hotel with comfortable accommodations. You can choose from a variety of their diverse resorts and explore the Mexican Caribbean, where nearly everything you’ve dreamed of is possible.

With four resorts to choose from, Sunset World offers a variety of experiences provided by one company. Choose from an ocean resort in the throbbing city of Cancún or hide away from the world in the Riviera Maya.

The 4 resorts are:
Sunset Royal
Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club
Sunset Fishermen
Hacienda Tres Ríos

http://www.sunsetworld.net/

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A suggestion...

I am strongly inclined to believe that this is actually a "Right to Use" (RTU) club contract / membership, as opposed being to any form of actual "ownership".

In all likelihood, the associated RTU contract has a very specific expiration date and, if so, it would be certainly be beneficial for you to openly and precisely identify that expiration date in your above post. That date may greatly influence the level of potential interest in your offer.

Just a thought, to adopt or ignore as you see fit. I am not interested personally, regardless of the RTU expiration date, but others very well might be. Good luck.

Last edited:

Stephanie88

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am strongly inclined to believe that this is actually a "Right to Use" (RTU) club contract / membership, as opposed being to any form of actual "ownership".

In all likelihood, the RTU contract has a very specific expiration date and, if so, it would be certainly be beneficial for you to openly and precisely identify that expiration date in your above post. That date may greatly influence the level of potential interest in your offer.

Just a thought, to adopt or ignore as you see fit. I am not interested personally, regardless of the RTU expiration date, but others very well might be. Good luck.

Sorry I am not familiar with the term "Right to Use Club Contract/ membership"

I am looking at the contract we signed and the membership type is annual, therefore there is no expiry date.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am not familiar with the term "Right to Use Club Contract/ membership"

I am looking at the contract we signed and the membership type is annual, therefore there is no expiry date.

We've now clarified that this is a "membership" (not an "ownership") and is therefore clearly a "Right to Use" contract (often abbreviated in these forums as RTU).

Annual use is customary and usual on Planet Timeshare in either ownerships or memberships (although there are exceptions and some alternative usages).

In Mexico, RTU contracts often specify a 15 to 30 year duration. I can't state with absolute certainty that this is the case in each and every RTU contract / membership in Mexico, but it might be worthwhile to make a direct inquiry of the "Sunset World" principals to verify and then post that missing "term" detail. Performance details, terms and time frame are generally an integral part of any contract, at least here within the U.S.; I cannot speak knowledgeably to whatever passes for "law" in Mexico.
Just making the suggestion to clarify the missing but important detail of contract duration, as it almost certainly defined somewhere, somehow. :shrug:

Last edited:

Stephanie88

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've now clarified that this is a "membership" (not an "ownership") and is therefore clearly a "Right to Use" contract (often abbreviated in these forums as RTU).

Annual use is customary and usual on Planet Timeshare in either ownerships or memberships (although there are exceptions and some alternative usages).

In Mexico, RTU contracts often specify a 15 to 30 year duration. I can't state with absolute certainty that this is the case in each and every RTU contract / membership in Mexico, but it might be worthwhile to make a direct inquiry of the "Sunset World" principals to verify and then post that missing "term" detail. Performance details, terms and time frame are generally an integral part of any contract, at least here within the U.S.; I cannot speak knowledgeably to whatever passes for "law" in Mexico.
Just making the suggestion to clarify the missing but important detail of contract duration, as it almost certainly is neither "undefined" nor "forever". :shrug:

So I looked at my contract again and it says
"This is a lifetime membership. This membership includes one register week plus 3 VIP weeks for lifetime."

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I looked at my contract again and it says
"This is a lifetime membership. This membership includes one register week plus 3 VIP weeks for lifetime."

O.K., so we've now got "duration" clarified, at least somewhat. It would be reasonable to assume that "lifetime" refers to the lifetime of the specific individual(s) who executed the RTU contract in the first place, although it could also be interpreted to mean "until the underlying property owners opt to just sell off their Mexican properties entirely", thereby effecting the end of the company's "lifetime" instead.

In any case, a separate but directly related question arises --- what then is the duration of the contract if / when the contract is transferred to someone else?
Are contract transfer details overtly addressed within the contract? (likely not). If not, perhaps a worthwhile question to ask of the "Sunset World" folks, no?

A potential underlying concern (for you, since you have indicated willingness to pay the closing transfer costs), is that these "Sunset World" folks might charge thousands of dollars to effect a RTU contract transfer to someone else, particularly if they would be honoring the "lifetime" terms anew for a new transferee.
Multi-thousand dollar transfer fees are (unfortunately) not at all unheard of in Mexico, obviously adopted to just keep the existing contract party "on the hook" and make their "exit" difficult to successfully accomplish. Have you ferreted out all of these transfer costs and associated procedural details already with / from "Sunset World"?

I'm not trying to make your life difficult on this matter. On the contrary, I'm attempting to help you clearly ask and clearly answer in advance all of the pertinent questions which a prospective transferee might ask. Having the informed and correct answers firmly in hand will streamline a transfer considerably --- as opposed to "I don't know; I'll try to find out" as a reply when a prospective recipient "steps up" with pointed questions. Keeping in mind that people are (to say the least) not exactly beating down the doors to take on Mexican RTU timeshare contracts these days, you'll increase your odds of success by having all the pertinent facts, information costs and transfer procedure paperwork and procedures info right there at your fingertips if and when a prospective and interested recipient should appear. Good luck.

Last edited:

liannt

Reaction score
I would be interested in looking at the contract. I'm not sure what we would have to do to transfer. What are you weeks? Are there other resorts you could use other then Sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
To send a private message to the OP - click on her blue user name.

Also, notice that she posted the other resorts, in her first post.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
voluntarily deleted inadvertent duplicate of post #10 below...

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello? Anybody home?

I would be interested in looking at the contract. I'm not sure what we would have to do to transfer. What are you weeks? Are there other resorts you could use other then Sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephanie88 (OP) made it very clear in post #1 that there are 4 specific resorts from which to choose. She listed each one of them individually within that same post.

The transfer process is under active discussion here, if (as clearly seems to be the case) you haven't even bothered to read any of the rest of this ongoing thread in your eagerness to "get something for nothing" from someone under duress. Nice --- and accomplished within your very first post on your very first day of TUG registration.

Have you no shame or any compassion for the plight of others? The Internet may be anonymous, but there are real people with real problems, concerns and questions behind the anonymous ether of cyberspace. Have at least a little heart before so blatantly and hastily exhibiting your greed --- and embarrassing yourself in the process.

Last edited:

Stephanie88

TUG Member
Reaction score
O.K., so we've now got "duration" clarified, at least somewhat. It would be reasonable to assume that "lifetime" refers to the lifetime of the specific individual(s) who executed the RTU contract in the first place, although it could also be interpreted to mean "until the underlying property owners opt to just sell off their Mexican properties entirely", thereby effecting the end of the company's "lifetime" instead.

In any case, a separate but directly related question arises --- what then is the duration of the contract if / when the contract is transferred to someone else?
Are contract transfer details overtly addressed within the contract? (likely not). If not, perhaps a worthwhile question to ask of the "Sunset World" folks, no?

A potential underlying concern (for you, since you have indicated willingness to pay the closing transfer costs), is that these "Sunset World" folks might just charge thousands to effect a RTU contract transfer to someone else, particularly if they would be honoring the "lifetime" terms anew for a new transferee.
Multi-thousand dollar transfer fees are (unfortunately) not at all unheard of in Mexico, obviously adopted to just keep the existing contract party "on the hook" and make their "exit" difficult to successfully accomplish. Have you ferreted out all of these transfer costs and associated procedural details already with / from "Sunset World"?

I'm not trying to make your life difficult on this matter. On the contrary, I'm attempting to help you clearly ask and clearly answer in advance all of the pertinent questions which a prospective transferee might ask. Having the informed and correct answers firmly in hand will streamline a transfer considerably --- as opposed to "I don't know; I'll try to find out" as a reply when a prospective recipient "steps up" with pointed questions. Keeping in mind that people are (to say the least) not exactly beating down the doors to take on Mexican RTU timeshare contracts these days, you'll increase your odds of success by having all the pertinent facts, information costs and transfer procedure paperwork and procedures info right there at your fingertips if and when a prospective and interested recipient should appear. Good luck.

Thank you Theo, I know you are not trying to make my life difficult, I understand where you are coming from. I will contact the resort to see how it all works out if I were to transfer my timeshare to a new owner and the cost associated with it.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Theo, I know you are not trying to make my life difficult, I understand where you are coming from. I will contact the resort to see how it all works out if I were to transfer my timeshare to a new owner and the cost associated with it.

i will likw to know if mandatory all inclusive and how much for it on sunsuet royal and hacienda 3 rios thanks

Stephanie88

TUG Member
Reaction score
i will likw to know if mandatory all inclusive and how much for it on sunsuet royal and hacienda 3 rios thanks

The all inclusive is mandatory as it is in the contract.

You don't have to pay anything for the sunset Royal or hacienda 3 rios. All you have to pay is the Maintenance fee once a year and you can pick any resort you would like to stay at.

This timeshare is a Lifetime membership timeshare where you get to pick out of the 4 resorts where you would like to stay in Cancun, Mexico.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
celperf is asking how much the All-Inclusive fee is.

LMA

TUG Member
Reaction score
All Inclusive Fees

I've just returned from Cancun and I found out that the 2015 AI fees for Hacieinda 3 Rios is $99 for adults and $49 for children. For the Sunset Club, it is $77 for adults and $39 for children.

LMA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question:

You said that there are 3 unused vacation weeks. Are those registered weeks that have accumulated for 3 years or are they VIP weeks or corporate weeks? If they are registered weeks or VIP weeks have the maintenance fees already been paid for those weeks? I believe that corporate weeks have no maintenance fees, only All Inclusive fees.

Stephanie88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare has been given away

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in this timeshare.

Just wanted to let you know I have found a suitable owner for this timeshare.

Thus is no longer available.

Thank you,

Stephanie