• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Showcase Resorts: legit or not

davidg1

Reaction score
They Dont Sell Any,none Total Scam

I DONT KNOW HOW TO WORK THIS TUG THING LIKE YOU PEOPLE MAY BUT google TIMESHARE RESALE ADVANTAGE ITS THIER NEW NAME!!!!need to coordinate a class action lawsuit ASAP!!!
Showcase resorts contacted me about my timeshare and I told him that before I made any decisions like that, that I always checked it out first. Of course, he directed me to the DNB and other websites that he wanted me to see. He never mentioned that they only have SIX employees and that their annual sales are $940,000! That's about 1 sale a month! Must have forgot that little detail. Check them out below.

My question is this: How fast can you run away?

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_h49j2q

davidg1

Reaction score
need to do a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT UNDER SHOWCASE RESORTS AND TIMESHARE RESALE ADVANT

THIER NEW NAME IS TIMESHARE RESALE ADVANTAGE(google that name!)
One of the scammed should tell Showcase Resorts the are going to send OJ and his friends to see them next time there are in LV. Maybe they could get their money back that way or at least put them out of business for a while(till they get out of the hospital of the hospital)

birchbay

Reaction score
Smells like a Rat

Dec. 2, 2008

I got a call from Jim Henry of Showcase Resorts a week ago, wanting to buy my Grand Moncarch TS, for there's "a buyer who wants to buy 15 Grand Monarch accounts for tax purposes." For my TS, he gave me two different quotes ($13K and $20K) in a week. He asked for a $2000 legal and escrow fees up front to open an escrow, and told me that "the escrow will be closed in 6-9 months." When asked, he refused to give me his RE agent and his company's business license numbers. It smells like a rat. No wonder it is NOT accredited by the BBB. When they call, HANG UP, RUN & STAY AWAY!

charg

Reaction score
TRA Las Vegas (aka showcase)

They (Jim Henry) :mad: just called me out of the blue and offerred me 60G for my Wyndham Gr. Desert timeshare. I knew it was too good to be true when they wanted 2g upfront for fees. When I told them to take the 2g out of the sale at close of escrow they refused to do business with me....After reading these posts here I feel lucky that I trusted my instincts and hung up.

mjta1234

Reaction score
Dec. 2, 2008

No wonder it is NOT accredited by the BBB. When they call, HANG UP, RUN & STAY AWAY!

The BBB means nothing, membership into the BBB is bought NOT earned.
You take Company A and Company B Both have the same amount of complaints and resolutions however Company A pays for membership and gets a satisfactory rating...HMMMM

Going off this sites thread on how to sell is bunk as well...you will never sell via Newspaper ad unless its in the free section next to the kittens.
Your ad for the most part on the resorts bullitin board wont stay up for more then 15 mins after you walk out the door.

In the end your stuck...now force yourself to take that vacation.

Little Lulu

Reaction score
My dealing with Showcase Resort began in May of 2007 and it's the same pitch - they will group my timeshare with others and sell on the corporate level. To-date nothing has happened. I just get the runaround. I've contacted the Nevada Better Business Bureau twice and logged complaints (southernnevada.bbb.org/complaintform). Have contacted the Attorney General of Nevada (phone 702 486-3786 who referred me to the State of Nevada, Dept. of Business & Industry Real Estate Division (email realest@red.staate.nvus). By the way the Better Business Bureau revoked Showcase's accredition as of 8/27/08.

If enough people complain, maybe we can get some action and get this company shut down!

jdb0822

Reaction score
The Better Business Bureau has no power or authority to do anything. Complaining to the BBB does nothing other than to make a record of the complaint.

Contacting the state A.G. is the only way to get action.

Little Lulu

Reaction score
I contacted Nevada's attorney general & they referred me to the Dept. of Business & Industry Real Estate Division. So, I don't see how the a.g. helps.

jdb0822

Reaction score
every state is different, some may have specific divisions or departments that handle this sort of thing.

OU812

Banned
Reaction score
Showcase Resorts ~ Just The Plain Fax / Facts

Please allow me to begin by offering my sincere sympathies to the One or Two Individuals who are attempting to Slander an ENTIRE Industry & While Licking their wounds voicing their outrage and duplicating their own same two complaints as if to appear as a multitude of several different Victims when in fact DAVID and whoever he has convinced to post with his own complaint have simply repeatedly reregistered using 4-5 different usernames placing the persons origin such as Sniffles; los Angeles , Broke Broker;New York, ea. handles equally spread coast to coast and intentionally designed to fake legitimacy while attempting to be so convincing that THIS is THE Info YOU the current TS owner seeking avail legit info regarding ...Well if you didnt WANT to SELL/RENT your Timeshare YOU Wouldnt be here in the first place ...hmmm RIGHT?? in support of the ethics violations poor unsuspecting victims each reportedly sharing the same familiar experience of Betrayal and Misrepresentation from the SCOUNDRELS who Talked them into paying for a contract agreement that never materialized and ended up in complete failure cost from several hundred to for some or one other hmmmm. a couple thousand dollars. What a scam and Ridiculas fees which after all the time and effort have gone unrecovered and these two under disguise of the obvious are now building a site to be the sounding voice of LEGITIMATE TimeShare Resale & Rental Consultants Hmmmmmm at the chance to enjoy the something for nothing opportunity and visit a have not only been unsuccessful in Managing their own TS nightmare anyone with regard to the nature of this discussion should be adviced who's once been bitten ..... Thousands of people ...pay to have their TIMESHARE info Researched Resale Value assessed based on userability accessability Fixed locations and its trading powers with regard to its assoc. with RCI / INTERVAL International Property Members bank trade and Exchange with one another Year in & year out ... Evaluate ads posted , printed , profiled and SHOWCASED in person and Online in good faith and Represented NEVER Gaurantee the sale ..only offer a gaurantee of service . Only a Dumbasss selfeshly loves a free nights stay then one and same such a sucker signs a purchase agreement slaps checkbook out a spends as if money's no object only to object and distort a cockamammie story as if OMG i've been robbed ...fees , attorneys , deposits ...What Company and its employees would Ever dream of paying YOUR BILLS while working to CLEAN UP YOUR MESS IS BEYOND YOU DAVE ....DUMBASS Allthough I RETIRED Jan. 2002 maybe the Business went down the toilet and those who remain have soiled themselves by committing unspeakable unethical abuses misappropriating clients funds are widespread government oversight Stock Market manipulation Home Loan & Mortgage Banks...ect NOW YOU ARE SELLING TIMESHARE TO HUH ??? FINALLY SOMEONE THEY CAN ALL TRUST No MATTER HOW MANY NAMES U MADE UP AND ARE MISREPRESENTING HERE GOD SAVE US ALL ... PS STATE Of NEVADA doesnt require a Real Estate License in regards to Vacation TimeShare it's not REAL Property ...its Deeded for the sale and transfer of use. DAVE B4 I Sign OFF I'd Like To Rent A Page from u ...Before its too late send me thousands and ill pay u back when i write it up happy to write that all down and of course all legal and LEGIBILE FOR U TO READ AND AGREE TO IN ORDER THAT YOU SIGN FIRST of COURSE. WOULDNT WANT YOU TO SUGGEST I STOLE YOUR MONEY AFTER U GAVE IT TO ME ....DUMBASS : / :annoyed: / PROUDLY ENJOYING MY OWN WELL DESERVED VACATION & RETIREMENT Opportunities. Previously Employed SHOWCASE RESORTS Exec. Director K. R. ROLLETT

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
What?

Don't understand your rambling post to a thread that is years old but if you are trying to defend Showcase Resorts, you didnt do a very good job.

Showcase Resorts rated an F with BBB.

Just google to see all the complaints. Looks like the standard "we have a buyer for your timeshare" scam

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
OU812 - First of all, you are responding to a thread from 2007 - that makes it 5 years old. So what you have done here is brought a lot of negative attention to this company.

Secondly, your post is so poorly written and rambling, that I have no idea what your point is, but I can tell you that you are not believable.

.Well if you didnt WANT to SELL/RENT your Timeshare YOU Wouldnt be here in the first place ...hmmm RIGHT??

Thirdly - This is a forum for people who own and enjoy timeshare - we are here to discuss them - not to get rid of them.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score