• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers Notch reservation

anngem

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a 3 bedroom reserved for mid June in the Sycamore section. Not planning on buying the pass since our kids will be arriving mid week. Also it seems very pricey. Will there be pools and playgrounds for the kids to use without the pass? Is this a good location? bTW, the children are 2 and 6. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
There should be a "Free" pool that even had a slide. Our kids enjoyed the Llama walk (fee), DIY "Creeking," and some of the evening activities, in which you did not have to pay to do--such as smores, sing a long. This was one of our best family vacations.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We have a 3 bedroom reserved for mid June in the Sycamore section. Not planning on buying the pass since our kids will be arriving mid week. Also it seems very pricey. Will there be pools and playgrounds for the kids to use without the pass? Is this a good location? bTW, the children are 2 and 6. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I own in Sycamores. It is a good area in terms of privacy/ quiet- separate entrance from the resort and main village area. You have to either walk or take the shuttle, your car or golf cart to the main village area. Remember- Vermont ain't flat- lots of steep hills/ski trails.

Sycamores has an outdoor heated pool and a child splash/fountain area, as well as a small whirlpool area in the pool. No slide. There is also an area for picnicking and a small playground. Perfect for very young children.

In addition, there is a clubhouse with a small exercise room and a game room with machines and pool tables and ping pong, etc. And- a quiet area with sofa and chairs.

There will be things going on on the village green that you can partake in for free, like the bonfire sing-along (definitely do that). You can also do fee based activities of your own choosing.

if you have bikes/strollers I recommend taking a ride into Stowe and using the Stowe bike bath. Very scenic and enjoyable and you can have lunch in the town, etc. You can rent bikes at TopNotch at the beginning of the bike path if needed.

Have a great time. We are headed up in another week for our 17th year. Our 28 year old son is meeting us there for a few days! Still has memories..

Last edited:

anngem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Smuggs question. Is this a 4 in 1 resort?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Sometimes yes...sometimes no

Another Smuggs question. Is this a 4 in 1 resort?

According to their listing on RCI...the 1:4 rule applies to weeks 1-12, 24-35, and 51-52. I've found in the past that RCI will block my reservation even if I'm not trying to book into those weeks. A phone call clears things up. (April break week is our usual time to go, and that's outside of the 1:4 prohibited weeks.) Mountain Estates at Smugglers' Notch carries a different RCI resort number, and so doesn't "count" for the 1:4 at the main resort, at least in my experience. Good luck...we love Smuggs!

anngem

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at Smuggs now and are thinking about coming back next year. We've all had a wonderful time. I was told at check in that it is a 1 in 4 resort but when I checked with RCI I was told it is not. Glad to get some clarification.