• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New MP Beach in Acapulco

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are on the countdown...finally! We leave next Saturday morning non-stop from Houston. We are almost packed! A week out! Not anxious or anything! I can't wait to see the new tower. It's taken years to build. Not to mention the new pools. Can't wait for relaxation and lots of red snapper! I'll let everyone know what it's like after we get back.

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great time, Monica, and let us know how it goes. :hi:

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your trip Monica and let us know what it is like there now. We haven't been there for years but always loved it there and always had a great time.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Have a blast! I am looking forward to your report. Take pictures of new MP unit and grounds. There have been so many changes to that resort since we bought our first week in February 1999. It sounds like it is better than ever!

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
MP Playa is beautiful!

I'll post a longer report this weekend, but it is soooo nice at the MP Playa. Five floors are completely done...10-15 (no 13 of course). It's the top of the top regarding Vidafel. Free wi-fi in the building and at the pool. Your room key in now in your wristband and you just swipe it against this round thing on the door and your door becomes unlocked. State of the art a/c (for Mexico)...you control the temp (C or F). When you open the doors to step out on the balcony, the a/c turns off automatically and turns back on automatically when the door shuts. The pool is something else. Three levels with lots and lots of jets. A swimup bar. And even though the peso is now over 15:1 USD, their prices haven't risen with the fall. The grounds all over have been relanscaped....lots and lots of tropical plants and flowers. As the doors open, you are impressed by the beauty of the lobby. I got a good picture of it with the modern chandelier over a glass table with a huge bouquet of lillies that fill the room with their scent. The beds have been improved (lots of people always complained about their hardness but I've never slept on a soft bed in Mexico except the Hilton at MEX). They have a real box springs and a mattress with a soft top that can be changed out as it flattens from use. The beach is still spectacular. Some days the surf was too much for anyone to go out, and other days there were a lot of people (30 or so) out jumping waves. The MP Playa is going to be the standard from now on when it comes to building new or remodeling.

I rented a car, as usual. We went into town only once to go to our favorite small restaurant, Pescao's. We went and ate in Colosio at Costra Nostra and once at Playa Bonfil at Las Caviatos. Great food at both places.

We got back Sunday, and I'm already trying to figure out if we might be able to make it back at Thanksgiving. Acapulco is still my favorite destination in Mexico and now the MP Playa is my favorite resort! If you get a chance to go, GO! You won't regret.

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great update!

I'm encouraged to see they've upgraded the beds. (I know, not a top priority to some but it's a biggie to me.)

Also sounds like they've done all the right things, without turning it into too much of a 'mega' resort.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Monica. Looking forward to your longer report this weekend. We have not been there in years and your excitement for this place is palpable. Makes me want to hop a plane and go!