• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

aden2

Reaction score
My bill came to over $12K with fees, interest on unpaid past fees. I really hope they can finish this soon. Its criminal. I can't pay it.:mad:

I hope you are with Geldert Law! Court case coming up January 27th and it involves B.C. and Alberta Courts.:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard from Geldert Law since Dec 19th. Have I somehow accidently been dropped off of their e-mail list or is their really no news?

Joan

Spark1

Reaction score
I hope you are with Geldert Law! Court case coming up January 27th and it involves B.C. and Alberta Courts.:

The number of civil lawsuits filed in BC and Alberta is 2500. The strong anticipated number will increase buy another 5000 who will have civil lawsuits filed against them. You can see how Northmont lies about the 40% cancellation,32% paid and 28% delinquent. There are 145000 timeshare owners and 5000+25000=7500 which is 52% delinquent not 28%. Now if you add 52%+40%cancellation =92% that only leaves 8% that paid for the Reno. They want to make it look like it is a small % of delinquents that are not agreeing with Justice Loo and causes them grief. I believe a lot of those 100 dollar payers quit paying. If you have not hired Geldert Law you are making a bad mistake because these guys will not stop until they suck all the money they can from you.

Beaverjfw

Reaction score
Court case news?

Anyone hear about what happened at the hearing of 27 Jan?
btw Checking I see no new BC claims filed by Northmont in 2015

Last edited:

GypsyOne

Reaction score
Geldert Law is continuing to accept new clients to file responses and counterclaims on behalf of clients. Geldert Law is also resisting Northmont’s demands to close the litigation group to new timeshare owners, which would deny them legal representation in the litigation group.

Incredibly the largest delinquent owner of timeshares is Northmont themselves. Northmont has decided to exempt themselves from paying maintenance on timeshares they have taken back and own despite the timeshare contracts and Disclosure Statement stating that ALL timeshare owners must pay maintenance costs. We the timeshare owners are resisting demands for reconstructing a faulty resort facility because we don't own it, and for numerous alleged breaches of contract and misrepresentation. Northmont is not paying their portion of maintenance on their timeshare units because they just decided the rules don't apply to them. The brass and arrogance of these guys seem to know no bounds. They must be stopped from victimizing innocent people.

There is strength in numbers. Contact Geldert Law at sunchaser@geldertlaw.com; phone 778-330-7775.

Last edited:

Punter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amusing read on Sunchaser Website

Viewing the Sunchaser Website and I discovered that Northmont has decided to use the unused money in the renovation fund to cover the litigation costs! They state that this option makes the most sense as the "funds are sitting idle"as the renovations are put on hold pending outcome of the court decision. They further qualify it by stating "the litigation is a result of delinquency directly tied to the RPF so using the RPF funds is a correlated use."

If I was one of the owners that decided to "stay and pay" and the money was going towards fighting their legal battles I would be pi$$ed. Is that even legal?? - not that it matters to Northmont anyways.

Another comical tidbit: they are going to "save money" in the future building renovations by reusing/salvaging furniture from the old units.......**shaking head***
BTW 2015 maintenance fees went up by 5.7% and are $1055.

Spark1

Reaction score
Viewing the Sunchaser Website and I discovered that Northmont has decided to use the unused money in the renovation fund to cover the litigation costs! They state that this option makes the most sense as the "funds are sitting idle"as the renovations are put on hold pending outcome of the court decision. They further qualify it by stating "the litigation is a result of delinquency directly tied to the RPF so using the RPF funds is a correlated use."

If I was one of the owners that decided to "stay and pay" and the money was going towards fighting their legal battles I would be pi$$ed. Is that even legal?? - not that it matters to Northmont anyways.

Another comical tidbit: they are going to "save money" in the future building renovations by reusing/salvaging furniture from the old units.......**shaking head***
BTW 2015 maintenance fees went up by 5.7% and are $1055.
You can thank Justice Loo and the Alberta Judge for this. I have lived in Mexico 3 to 4 months for the past 8 years. Remember that Colin Knight fell in hard times in 2008. That was just a big lie. The resort that I am in now, you can not get a room for one night and there is 400 condos and a big hotel on this site and it was always this way. Northwynd screwed the timeshare owners for millions of dollars by over selling all their platinum club resorts in Mexico , Hawaii, Belize, etc. This made it hard for the original owners to get into their home resort. Where they made their mega bucks is when the timeshare industry come up with this point system. Remember Rancho Bandaras, you could not us it threw the platinum club,you had to try and use it thew Interval. That was almost impossible. Bad times you Know and than they sold it to Marvil. Now the door is open for them to remove all the money that 32% of the timeshare owners paid 4100 $ for every 2 bedroom sleep 8. I am sure our Justice System will give them permission to do this again because of 50$ oil. The next thing bankrupt the resort. This is business you know. Just ask Kirk Wankal he will tell you.

ERW

Reaction score
Trying to look at this without bias, lawyers have to be paid one way or another. "Borrowing" the money from the renovation funds is probably the only means of paying the lawyers. If they happen to win, I would assume they would have to pay it back once they start collecting delinquent accounts. However, if they lose, it would be a different story. Not sure if what they are doing is legal or not. My guess would be that their lawyers are saying use it - the cash can be replaced if you win. If you lose, you're not going to have the money to complete the renos anyway.

Anxiety123

Reaction score
Spark1 - Judge in Alberta??

What judge or situation are to referring to? I thought it was just Justice Lou in BC that made the bad judgement for Northmont??? Was there an Alberta judge making decisions on this case? Please clarify!

Beaverjfw

Reaction score
New Claims Filed in March

After two months of inactivity in the BC courts, Northmont is back at it. Another 102 claims have been filed from March 6 to 23rd. Hopefully more of those served will join up with Geldert Law.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of us are probably just keeping up with the info we get from Geldert law. I also occasionally check the face book pages (only reason I even have facebook) for any news. Everyone is hesitant to post strategy or anything since they read what we post and use it against us. Just hoping the lawyer is going to get a solution for us sometime. The good news is a lot more people have signed up with Geldert Law. We just have to stay strong has anyone noticed a hit against their credit? I don't check mine and have no need to apply for a loan.

Hotpink

Reaction score
Site Visit

We are heading over to Fairmont this weekend and plan on spending a little time measuring activity at the actual resort while we enjoy a few rounds of golf at Riverside and Mountain side. Last year we noticed low activity at the resort ( about 25 % see post # 1468) in June, This year it will probably be less because we are a little earlier, but it will be interesting to see what the merchants in Fairmont have to say now compared to their guarded comments last year.
We had no problem in getting all of our tee times on our specific schedule which implies those two courses are pretty open. Glad to see progress being made in the court case with Northmont albeit still a few months away.
We plan to take many pictures and note renovation progress in particular.
If any member wants specific details please contact us.

Beaverjfw

Reaction score
Sunchaser renovations

Its been quiet here for a while but work continues in the background for trial in January 2016. I came across the renovation Progress Draw information on the Sunchaser web site. What I found most interesting was the budget projection and the little work that had been done since this whole mess started in 2013. Have a look at this document, particularly page 9

http://sunchaservillas.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Progress-Draw-15-January-5-2015.pdf

With a budget of $34.8M they had spent only $4.8M (14%) up to January 2015. As Progress draw information is not posted after that I have no idea if any renos are proceeding. Anyone on-site have any updates?

As I recall Northmont had stated their intention to be rid of this investment by the end of 2016. I have seen no listing on JLL and its hard to see how they could market and sell this dog in 18 months. Maybe they just plan to keep the cash and skulk away into the night

ERW

Reaction score
I would assume they are waiting for funds from those that have not paid what they believe they are owed.

Would be interesting to know how much has been collected for renovations versus what has been actually spent.

MelodyYYC

Reaction score
Updates

Good day all,

I am new here. Can anyone please let me know if it's too late to join in Geldert Law group to against Northmont Property time share issue. I am in Calgary, AB, and I am seeking help to get rid of this suck time share.
Many thanks!!

Meow

Reaction score
Fairmont Sunchaser lawsuit

Unfortunately, Mr. Geldert has had to close out the group. But I suggest you give him a call anyway (778-330-7775). He may have some suggestions on what you can do now. He is very committed to our cause.

MelodyYYC

Reaction score
Loan

Has anyone not paid full amount of the time share loan?

Last edited:

Southcom

Reaction score
I am in the same predicament that you are in and am facing the maintenance fee for 2016 and can't use my share because I couldn't afford to take the options in 2013. I contacted Gelbert Law to see if I could still join and it was too late. I am not sure what my options are either but it doesn't sound like I am the only one who opted not to pay anything.

Beaverjfw

Reaction score
Merry Christmas from Northwynd

By now everyone should have their statement detailing maintenance fees for the 2016 year along with any unpaid prior year charges and the >26% interest Northwynd believes they are entitled to. Not much of a Christmas present.
Needless to say, I don't think any will pay the bill if they are part of the ongoing litigation group. The accompanying letter from Northwynd was certainly nauseating, saying how they expect to be successful in the trial that begins next month. I can hardly wait for the daily updates once the trial gets underway.
I have confidence that the group will prevail but one thing is certain should the efforts fail. Northwynd will never get a dime from me.

Anxiety123

Reaction score
Settlement a better choice??

I am hoping for a settlement between us the litigation group and Northmont to avoid the Trial. Hoping Northmont will just want us to go away so they can continue on collecting money and proceed with bleeding the timeshare resort dry then sell and walk away with millions. Any of you agree?

Southcom

Reaction score
Happy New year??

I am just wondering if there has been any updates about the court case. I believe it was scheduled for the first or second week of January.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been getting daily reports now that the trial is on. Let's all hope that there will be an end to this someday soon.

Joan