• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Timeshare Company?

mwitty1

Reaction score
Have any of you heard of this company? They have quite a few timeshares for sale on Ebay for $1 and a couple of them I am interested in but they do not list the closing company name and they will not let you use any other one but theirs which I read on some of the blogs that is something that you never do.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Actually, most of the big resellers on ebay insist on using their own (affiliated) closing company.

To search TUG for info. about this company, put this in your google search box:

"the timeshare company"site:tugbbs.com

Last edited:

foreverloves

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's very common with the ebay resellers. It's annoying, but it's true. Much of the money those ebay resellers make in profit comes from using their own closing company. In some cases, the closing company and the ebay seller are one in the same (or closely affiliated).

The good news is, in many cases, closings go very well. Factor that in to what you are bidding - since you can't use your own company and the closing costs are typically on the higher end, when you bid, make sure you pay attention to what it costs total (Bid + closing company costs).

I'm in the process of closing on a timeshare in HHI and it has gone very well. For what I paid for the timeshare itself, the slightly increased closing costs more than made up for it. Although there is not really buyer protection on ebay, you can still leave bad feedback and most of those sellers really seem to care about it. In most cases, I think you'll be all right. Do some searching here on TUG, because I don't think every reseller on ebay is rated the same.

mwitty1

Reaction score
These TS that they are selling say that the closing costs are free, I would just have to pay $250 for the resort transfer fee?

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark.

Have any of you heard of this company? They have quite a few timeshares for sale on Ebay for $1 and a couple of them I am interested in but they do not list the closing company name and they will not let you use any other one but theirs which I read on some of the blogs that is something that you never do.
I recently bought 1 of their $1 eBay timeshares -- $1 opening bid, that is. My winning bid was about $162.

If I am not OK with the captive closing services agency an eBay timeshare seller requires, then I simply don't bid.

On this 1, however, closing was free & resort transfer was free & 3-years of paid-up maintenance fees were thrown in to boot.

All I paid was the bid amount + $100 RCI Points transfer fee.

I have received a copy of the signed deed. What I'm waiting for now are (1) a the original copy of the recorded deed & (2) some sort of acknowledgement that the newly acquired eBay timeshare has been added to our existing RCI Points account.

We'll see, eh ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used them and all went fine. The closing took a little longer than I would have liked but since it was free, I couldn't complain too much. Resort has been recorded and has been added to our RCI account. You should be fine but before you send them the winning bid get documentation that you bought what you think you bought - i.e. the contract.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
These TS that they are selling say that the closing costs are free, I would just have to pay $250 for the resort transfer fee?

You might want to post all the details of this purchase, and what your goals are for using it, before buying:

1) Use yourself every year?
2) Trade?
3) Rent?

If you are buying this week to use it every year, during the season in which it's deeded, and you are knowledgeable about the resort, this could be a good deal for you.

If you have aspirations to trade it, try to use it during a different season, or rent it, it may not be such a good deal.

Last edited: