• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Outfield Marketing

Reaction score
Did anyone get a call from a Texas company called Outfield Marketing saying that DRI reps would be in your area and are meeting with owners individually to explain all the options available on ways to use your TS? I have a deeded property and did not convert to points. I called DRI to see if anyone knew about this program and so far the answer has come back as No. Still waiting for a call from a higher-up. Sounds like a scam to me from what I've been reading about Cape Cod property also approached by Outfield to convert them to Festiva points.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi and welcome to TUG!

Click here for lots of info. about this company.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Should be no surprise as they have been told

Did anyone get a call from a Texas company called Outfield Marketing saying that DRI reps would be in your area and are meeting with owners individually to explain all the options available on ways to use your TS? I have a deeded property and did not convert to points. I called DRI to see if anyone knew about this program and so far the answer has come back as No. Still waiting for a call from a higher-up. Sounds like a scam to me from what I've been reading about Cape Cod property also approached by Outfield to convert them to Festiva points.

They "don't know about the program?" Huh? That's very strange as we have had run ins with this group (Outfield Marketing) and their very questionable "presentations" to DRI owners that our Association has let DRI know about on at least 1/2 dozen occasions (so far). Each time the problem is supposedly "solved" yet not too long later yet another owner complains about being solicited and told outright lies about their ownership and the "need" to join a points system Outfield Marketing trumpets. Naturally we assume there are more that don't complain as they either don't bite, don't know who to complain to or buy into the misrepresentations made to them thus probably costing themselves unneeded expense.

General advice for deeded owners. DO NOT give up your deeded rights for more money in order to become a RTU owner in a club. By doing so you are losing your voting rights (control) over your fees and representation as well as the protection of due process required for deeded ownership and not for mere RTU membership. In other words you get less for paying more. Often MUCH more. My personal advice would be to avoid any meeting with this group as they are not giving you facts but a high pressure sales pitch to buy into a points system. The reputation they have for straight dealings and factual presentations is not good at all.

Last edited:

Sou13

Reaction score
Thanks, Denise!

Hi and welcome to TUG!

Click here for lots of info. about this company.
Thanks for all those search results, Denise! I shouldn't have to reply to moonshadow0727's email question because I'd rather see the answers posted here!

So Hi and welcome to TUG, moonshadow0727!

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. Before I went on line to see if I had any replies, having not yet heard back from DRI, I called Outfield and cancelled my appointment. I was given yet another line that Outfield has been repping for DRI for almost a year now and they couldn't believe that DRI didn't know who they were. "They would surely straighten this out with DRI." I have no intention of giving up my deed (not that my husband would let me) or any of the rights that go along with it. Several years ago my husband and I went to one of the high pressure presentations at our resort (Powhatan) and we almost ended up in a divorce over it. No TS is worth that expense. Like a bloodhound on the scent, I intend to follow through with DRI until this is resolve to my satisfaction. Thanks again to all!

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Outfield Marketing could be more aptly named Outlaw Marketing from all of the posts I have read about them here on TUG. Do not meet with them because it will simply end up a high pressure sales presentation trying to get you to give them a lot of cash and your week(s) for some points that are worth less than your week you already own. JUST SAY NO!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Full Freight Timeshares Are A Bad Deal No Matter Who's Selling'm.

Outfield Marketing could be more aptly named Outlaw Marketing from all of the posts I have read about them here on TUG.
I don't get any warm & fuzzy feelings of confidence when I'm getting the hard sell straight from DRI. I can only imagine what it's like being on the receiving end of the old shuck & jive from the OutField people.

Meanwhile, regardless of tactics & truth-stretchers & psychological manipulations, etc., how can some non-DRI company go round selling people full-freight DRI timeshare club memberships ?

Either they're DRI contractors or DRI affiliates on the 1 hand, or on the other hand DRI has set up some kind of commission selling arrangement so that OutField, etc., can collect a piece of the action by selling DRI products.

In any case, shux upon'm.

And speaking of shux upon'm, click here for a recent TUG-BBS entry about DRI timeshare sellers not only running down the very DRI timeshare where the owners & potential customers are staying, but also dissing the HOA-BOD that's doing such an outstanding job of managing & operating the timeshare. Sheesh.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

illeat12

Reaction score
Outfield resort

I just joined this site because I just got a phone call from Outfield resorts. I see from the comments that other people have as well. They are extreamly pushy and flat out refuse to give me anything in writing. They want to set an appointment to explain "The Changes" in my timeshare, in person. I said NO and told them to loose my phone number. Who can I complaine to about their herrassing phone calls.