• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE: Wyndham Avenue Plaza in New Orleans during Mardis Gras

brhead

Reaction score
My parents are no longer able to use their New Orleans timeshare, so I am helping them find a new owner for it. I much would rather give it away to someone who can enjoy it than pay a reseller!

- Wyndham Avenue Plaza on St. Charles Ave.:
https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/wyndham-avenue-plaza.page

- Maintenance fees are $700 due on January 1st of each year, and 2015 fees have already been paid

- The first week of Mardis Gras, week 8, is always reserved, but it can be exchanged for a different week

- Unit is a 1-bedroom suite, and it will sleep 4 (with the sofa bed)

- We will pay the $299 Wyndham transfer fee and closing costs ($150 at LT Transfers http://www.lttransfers.com/)

Message me if you are interested!

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you posted during the day you would have a dozen people wanting it. That is a prime rental week which fetches top dollar. Who ever gets it is a lucky person.

Mark me down as #2 if the first person backs out!

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
IF Ron Parise got this one I will eat my hat!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
no not me I went to bed early last night

Week 8 as the op says is one of the 5 "event weeks" at Avenue Plaza, actually its the week before Mardi Gras week>> No doubt it is a pretty good rental, but today most of that week (next week) is available with Wyndham points and worldmark credits

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many weeks out of every seven this is a Mardi Gras week, based on how the Jewish/Christian holidays calendar changes every year...

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
As Ron has explained in the past, a true fixed Mardi Gras week will adjust to calendar changes at this resort.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I wonder how many weeks out of every seven this is a Mardi Gras week, based on how the Jewish/Christian holidays calendar changes every year...

Week 8 owners always get the week before Fat Tuesday, no matter where it falls on the calendar. Likewise, week 9 owners always get the week that includes Fat Tuesday.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
:cheer:Well, I was lucky enough to be up at midnight last night when I noticed a message from tapatalk on my cell about this bargain deal. I immediately sent her a private message and we talked on the phone as she is was also awake on the west coast. Since I was the first to respond, she agreed that I could have it. I feel so fortunate.

Can anyone answer these questions:

If Fat Tuesday is on Feb 17 this year and on Feb 9 next year, when would the check in days be?

Will I need to make a reservation each year or will I automatically receive this week without calling?

Since the transfer will not take place until after this years use, can the owner call Wyndham now and change the date to the end of the year and put my name on the reservation?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cheer:Well, I was lucky enough to be up at midnight last night when I noticed a message from tapatalk on my cell about this bargain deal. I immediately sent her a private message and we talked on the phone as she is was also awake on the west coast. Since I was the first to respond, she agreed that I could have it. I feel so fortunate.

Can anyone answer these questions:

If Fat Tuesday is on Feb 17 this year and on Feb 9 next year, when would the check in days be?

Will I need to make a reservation each year or will I automatically receive this week without calling?

Since the transfer will not take place until after this years use, can the owner call Wyndham now and change the date to the end of the year and put my name on the reservation?

last question first...Even though this is an event week, it can be used to make a reservation for any other week of the year, except the other event weeks. So if the seller didnt make a reservation for Lundi Gras this year, she can make a reservation for some other week this year

and yes you have to call in to make your reservation. Avenue Plaza allows Fri and Sunday check ins so this year week 8 owners can make their 7 day reservation checking in on Friday Feb 6 or Sunday Feb 8, but the folks on the phone may not allow a Sunday check in because you will "overlap" into Mardi Gras week. If thats the story you get ask to speak to Cole. He is the team lead and knows better. If he needs to be reminded ask him to check the notes he put on my week 8 ownership. (next year your fri check in will be Jan 29 and sunday Jan 31)

You should also know that you can make split week reservations of 3 and 4 days with any day check in. and that you also get a right to use week if you want it. The right to use week cant be used for an event week, but it can be split and it can be used for a studio or one bedroom ....just pay another mf

So you can make 4 weekend reservations a year. some folks rent 2 or three for enough to pay all the mf and get a free vacation or two for themselves

The phone number to make reservations is 800-225-3522.. and they are open 7-7 central time Monday-Friday

Last edited:

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
last question first...Even though this is an event week, it can be used to make a reservation for any other week of the year, except the other event weeks. So if the seller didnt make a reservation for Lundi Gras this year, she can make a reservation for some other week this year

and yes you have to call in to make your reservation. Avenue Plaza allows Fri and Sunday check ins so this year week 8 owners can make their 7 day reservation checking in on Friday Feb 6 or Sunday Feb 8, but the folks on the phone may not allow a Sunday check in because you will "overlap" into Mardi Gras week. If thats the story you get ask to speak to Cole. He is the team lead and knows better. If he needs to be reminded ask him to check the notes he put on my week 8 ownership. (next year your fri check in will be Jan 29 and sunday Jan 31)

You should also know that you can make split week reservations of 3 and 4 days with any day check in. and that you also get a right to use week if you want it. The right to use week cant be used for an event week, but it can be split and it can be used for a studio or one bedroom ....just pay another mf

So you can make weekend reservations a year. some folks rent 2 or three for enough to pay all the mf and get a free vacation or two for themselves

The phone number to make reservations is 800-225-3522.. and they are open 7-7 central time Monday-Friday

Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

How far in advance can/should I make a reservation for my special event week 8?

I currently have an ongoing search with RCI for week 18 of 2016. Once I receive this timeshare, can I make a reservation for that week and also get another reservation for the same week using the "right to use week"? Is there a limit on how far in advance the right to use week can me made.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

I currently have an ongoing search with RCI for week 18 of 2016. Once I receive this timeshare, can I make a reservation for that week and also get another reservation for the same week using the "right to use week"? Is there a limit on how far in advance the right to use week can me made.

You can make your event week/float week reservation one year out, and any RTU reservation 10 months out.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Thanks for your reply.

You cant use your week to make a week 18 reservation... Thats another event week (2nd week of Jazz Fest) and you cant use your "right to use" week for any event week