• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Running Y

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Figuring this was one of the last good weather weekends I put the Kayak's on-top the truck, the bikes on the back, and headed for Running Y. About 265 miles from Portland to Running Y.

We stayed in the 3 bedroom Chalet. Was very nice. I thought I would share some of the Kayak experience since I mentioned it in another thread.

Having been to Running Y a couple times before passing through to CA and LV, I was familiar with the resort but never scouted it too closely for Kayaking.

I went to the back of the resort where there is a semi-documented launch area. Wow! Pretty hard to launch in this area - was a tire floating and other debris was washed up on the "ramp". The ramp looks like it was meant to be a boat ramp but never completed. Possible to launch on the lakes edge there but I decided against it - summer time I may do it, but lot of algae and water wasn't exactly clean.

Instead I went to Malone Springs and launched from there. The road in to Malone springs is very hard to see and looked like more of a forest road. But from here you can float 4 miles downstream to Rocky Pt in a national wildlife refuge.. Very nice!

I met a professionally organized tour group who were also kayaking. They had wet suits on, very safety minded, but I didn't.. Just life jackets on-board. They were enjoying the experience a lot.

I also met up with 3 locals duck hunting. They had a working golden retriever, felt bad for the dog because he was in the water a lot, hypothermia a real risk, but owners had 12 gauge shot guns so I wasn't going to say anything.

Bottom line - Running Y is a fantastic place/area to Kayak and explore the waterways. Most may want to use a professional tour and it's relatively cheap, but for people like me who go out on their own, it works nicely to stay at the resort and then take advantage of the wonderful outdoor environment the area has to offer.

It's a unique experience to Worldmark in terms of the remoteness and ability to self explore. Hawaii and other places may be somewhat similar but I consider them way more commercialized.

winifredxu

Reaction score
funny and helpful information

hi, I just want to thank you for taking the time to document your resort review of the Running Y. It's remote and I have been wondering if I should go there some day, and your review gave me more perspective.

Also really enjoyed your style of writing, the witty comment about the owner with a gun. Thank you.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also appreciate the information Sparty. My husband has taken quite a liking to kayaking and now that we have 2 kayaks I'm hoping to join him.
Joan