• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaiian Islands Air Conditioned Wyndham Timeshares

bayougrannie

TUG Member
Reaction score
A trip to the Hawaiian Islands is being planned for next July. The group I am traveling with request air conditioned timeshares. Can anyone give me info on which ones are? Thanks!

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell on website, the following do NOT have AC:
- Bali Hai
- Makai Club Cottages (regular Makai Club does not have this note)
- Shearwater

Any high-rise resort will have AC. The villa-style resorts seem to be the ones that might skip it. Even if a resort is not on the above list, I would call the resort to find out for sure.

NOTE: I only checked Wyndham resorts than one can usually book. I did not check any associate locations that have very limited or no availability for regular (mainland) Wyndham ownerships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mnmrsjjp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the resorts that have air conditioning may only have them in the bedroom. Those units tend to be window or wall units and can be noisy. I wouldn't reserve any resort without checking if they have central air.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Kauai Beach Villas is managed by Wyndham. There is wall a/c in the bedrooms, and a ceiling fan in the living room. We rarely use the a/c. Low rise units (three floors high) right on the beach generally means nice trade winds blow right through the units, if you open a window or two to create cross ventilation.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know it's hard for someone from Louisiana to comprehend, but A/C is seldom needed in Hawaii. Open the sliding doors and windows and enjoy the sea breezes and scents of the tropical flowers.

Handy for an afternoon siesta, yes. A deal killer to base resort selection on, uh-uh.

Jim

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I know it's hard for someone from Louisiana to comprehend, but A/C is seldom needed in Hawaii. Open the sliding doors and windows and enjoy the sea breezes and scents of the tropical flowers.

Handy for an afternoon siesta, yes. A deal killer to base resort selection on, uh-uh.

Jim

It depends greatly on the time of year, and location. For example, I would never stay in Kona during the summer at a place that didn't have A/C. Many times you don't get a nice cross breeze. We've stayed places there without A/C and it was pretty miserable the times we were in the unit.

We found we didn't need the A/C at Paniolo Greens in Waikoloa or at Kona Coast.

We used to be able to get by without using the A/C at our unit at Maui Hill, but we found when we were there last summer we needed it.

The Wyndham in Kona does have A/C.

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends greatly on the time of year, and location. For example, I would never stay in Kona during the summer at a place that didn't have A/C.

What do you consider "summer". The average high temp at Kona ranges only from 82 to 88 degrees. The seven months at Kona with average monthly highs of 85 and above are May through November. The rest of the months are, on the average, only slightly cooler. On the average, September is the warmest month.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I think it also depends on what you are used to. We have friends who keep their houses like ice bergs in the summer, but we are cheap and keep the thermostat at 78 degrees, so we are very comfortable in Hawaii. We just keep the windows and sliders open and enjoy the ocean breeze. I kinda hate to keep everything all shut up in Hawaii - I just love the ocean air.

One big difference is the humidity - there is a little humidity in Hawaii but NOTHING like the south.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
What do you consider "summer". The average high temp at Kona ranges only from 82 to 88 degrees. The seven months at Kona with average monthly highs of 85 and above are May through November. The rest of the months are, on the average, only slightly cooler. On the average, September is the warmest month.

Summer for us was when the kids were out of school, so anytime between late June and end of August. The week we own on Maui is end of August, so that is when we would be there. We spent time on the Big Island in June, July and August. Since the OP said they were coming in July, I consider that summer.

Dh and I have spent time on Maui in March and there is a big difference in the temps from "summer".

This past summer we spent two weeks on Maui at Maui Hill (end of August) and then dh and I spent a week on the Big Island. We were two nights in Volcano and 5 nights in Kona, right on the water. It was the hottest, and most humid, that I ever remember it being.

Last edited: