• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Difficult Wyndham Reps

rhburn3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife is the sole owner of our Wyndham Timeshare. I called today and wanted to ask information. I gave them our contract number.

Normally in the past, the agent would ask to talk with my wife. My wife gives her all of the info the agent wants and then my wife says that my husband handles our travel and asks that the agent answer my questions.

April today MANDATED that my wife be on a speaker phone or she would not talk to me. Courtesy and cooperation at Wyndham continues downhill.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You gave the customer service rep your "MEMBER NUMBER".

You could say she is in the bathroom, have hung up, waited 45 seconds and hit the redial button.

Or collect a "FREE" points package off the BARGAIN DEALS here on TUG, put both your names on THAT DEED and add it to HER Member Number.

Some agents are just MORE fun than others --- could have said you are her & your voice is off because of sinus problems plus you have a naturally DEEP voice. Or buy a voice box to raise your voice up 3 or 4 pitches.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
My wife is the sole owner of our Wyndham Timeshare. I called today and wanted to ask information. I gave them our contract number.

Normally in the past, the agent would ask to talk with my wife. My wife gives her all of the info the agent wants and then my wife says that my husband handles our travel and asks that the agent answer my questions.

April today MANDATED that my wife be on a speaker phone or she would not talk to me. Courtesy and cooperation at Wyndham continues downhill.

"Courtesy and cooperation at Wyndham continues downhill." This concerns me as I am a new member and I called last Friday and the rep was so rude. When I said, "Is this really how you talk to customers - what is your name and what department did I call." Her approach changed, but it is so sad - why do these people go into customer service?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you both happened to get a rare rude VC. Almost all of my interactions - and I have had a LOT - have been very pleasant.

They usually state their name when opening the call. I always greet them by their name in a friendly tone before giving them my name, member number, etc. It's funny but it seems like they seem relieved to have a friendly customer, and even if they sounded harried or bored when they first spoke, they become more energetic and enthusiastic.

I know they get paid (probably not well) to take the calls. But I want to make them want to help me. Every little bit helps.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bigrob's comments.

A lot of the CSR's work from home - friendly words usually are greeted very well by these CSRs. Imagine sitting in a room at home talking for hours to people on the phone - no office antics, no noise (TVs can't be playing in the background), just endless phone calls over and over again. Just a minute of FRIENDLY banter gets GREAT service ...

Now, I may be someone who is not a "up on the program" options ... they usually can handle most of my questions. Then I call back a couple of minutes later --- get s different CSR.

I have found on the BIG call in dates - the 13 month ARP dates - the CSRs at 7AM are very experienced. As those reservations MUST be done on the phones and usually us owners are VERY intense to get their dates VERY quickly.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Courtesy and cooperation at Wyndham continues downhill." This concerns me as I am a new member and I called last Friday and the rep was so rude. When I said, "Is this really how you talk to customers - what is your name and what department did I call." Her approach changed, but it is so sad - why do these people go into customer service?

These people go into customer service because these low paying jobs are all thats available in Orlando, unless you want to dress up in a Micky Mouse suit...Give them a break,,,,especially when as Eric has said most of us have never encountered a bad one. My only complaint is that some are too nice, and too friendly. As Linda said, I want to get done, what I need to get done

On the rare occasion when I get one that doesnt know how to do what Im asking (everyone has a first week on the job) I either ask for "owner care" or I hang up and call back,

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with a bad apple VC. All have been pretty nice. I also listen for their name when they answer and address them by their name.