• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Myrtle Beach resort with kids

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just came back from a lovely stay at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation. We only stayed 4 nights and the kids had such a great time that they have requested MB for our annual vacation in August. I spoke to a few different people while we were there and they all had different opinions on which resort was the best. Which MB Wyndham is the best with 3 kids (16,15,and 6)?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I doubt you'll do better than SeaWatch.

Reaction score
If you're talking kids activities at the resort, Ocean Boulevard would be another good option because they have 5 pools, a children's pool, game room, & playground.

If you're talking about activities away from the resort, Seawatch is the best because it is the closest one to the heart of Myrtle Beach.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which one can you get ARP on? Ocean Boulevard seems to be easy to get to even beyond 10months.

I've tried Seawatch for 2 years now, both at 13 months and at 10 and I couldn't get to it :) As far as activities, I think most MB properties require that you have a car anyway, in which case -- it didn't really matter, IMO.

I would go with best access to the beach (OV or OF), cheaper points, bigger rooms. That would most likely be Seawatch, WestWinds, OB then Towers -- in that order.

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
We just came back from a lovely stay at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation. We only stayed 4 nights and the kids had such a great time that they have requested MB for our annual vacation in August. I spoke to a few different people while we were there and they all had different opinions on which resort was the best. Which MB Wyndham is the best with 3 kids (16,15,and 6)?

Seawatch is by far the best choice for kids with Ocean Boulevard a close second. OB is much easier to reserve but it takes many more points than Seawatch. If you’re thinking of going to either resort next month you won’t find any availability but August of next year can be booked at either one if you have ARP. Personally, I've had no problem booking at either resort. For the prime summer months, I always call first thing when the 13 month reservation window opens.

Psl

TUG Review Crew: Elite
Reaction score
APR For Seawatch

I was told that APR (13months) was not available for MB June - August .

We also were hoping to book Seawatch towers next July 2015. Does anyone think we can get it?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told that APR (13months) was not available for MB June - August .

We also were hoping to book Seawatch towers next July 2015. Does anyone think we can get it?

I am not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you own points deeded at Myrtle Beach or CWA? If so, and you have enough points, you should be able to make a reservation using your ARP if you do so right at the 13-month mark, as Ron says.

While July is technically still within an ARP window, it is within the 11-month reciprocal ARP which means any Gold or Platinum owner, even without owning at MB or CWA, will have had a crack at Seawatch by now, so I doubt anything in the first half of July is available. The end of July - maybe. August - probably, especially later in August after southern schools are back in session.

zabo

Reaction score
If you're talking kids activities at the resort, Ocean Boulevard would be another good option because they have 5 pools, a children's pool, game room, & playground.

Just got back from this resort. I agree with this post. We had 5 kids with us between 6-12 years old. There was enough to keep them happy. Besides the what was mentioned, you have the beach plus they had a kiosk that had free movie rentals.

This was my first time at Myrtle Beach so I cannot compare it to any of the other resorts.

Mike

melisarn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seawatch Plantation
We love Seawatch but it is hard to get without the 13 month arp as it fills during summer months immediately. I book mine at the 13 month mark exactly! I have a 2015 reservation for 10 days starting June 26! It's over the 4th. Good luck! You could always maybe trade with an owner who gets 13 month apr, I would do it in 2016 for someone