• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

worldmark resorts

chexchy

TUG Member
Reaction score
hello,
I am quite new and still learning how to take advantage of the timeshare system. I bought my wyndham points from ebay for about 3 years now. last week when i tried to book into worldmark resort, they said that because my points are resale, I am not eligible to exchange my wyndham for worldmark. Most of the places i want to go to are worldmark. I don't want to exchange through RCI because RCI is week system not point system. I want to break my week into 2 locations. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Do they place restriction on resale owners in other system beside wyndham? If they do that, it is no use to buy resale timeshare. ANd if they really do that to all timeshare system, how do you unload your timeshare once you can't afford the maitenance or once you don't use them anymore?
i also own MGV now is diamond international. I bought my points retail. This chrismas, i exchange my points for niagara on the lake through II. it is low season but I've been waited for 5 or six months still no availibility.
So I was frustrated for both the exchange for the niagara falls and the worldmark restriction. When we went on the sale tour at the grand view las vegas, I brought up these two issues to the sale prep. Guess what, his account showed availibility for the chrismas period for niagara falls. I think the resorts reserve some availibilty for the sale prep. I am right? Because every time we go to the tour, the sale prep can pretty much get me any reservation at the spot (if I was gonna buy more).

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
hello,
I am quite new and still learning how to take advantage of the timeshare system. I bought my wyndham points from ebay for about 3 years now. last week when i tried to book into worldmark resort, they said that because my points are resale, I am not eligible to exchange my wyndham for worldmark. Most of the places i want to go to are worldmark. I don't want to exchange through RCI because RCI is week system not point system. I want to break my week into 2 locations. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Do they place restriction on resale owners in other system beside wyndham? If they do that, it is no use to buy resale timeshare. ANd if they really do that to all timeshare system, how do you unload your timeshare once you can't afford the maitenance or once you don't use them anymore.

If you mostly want to book at WorldMark, then you should own WorldMark not Wyndham. Club Wyndham Pass is a new program that allows Wyndham owners who bought directly from Wyndham the ability to do sort of an internal exchange into WorldMark. But to do this you have to pay an exchange fee of $99. So if you were able to book 2 partial week reservations, you would pay that exchange fee twice a year in addition to your Wyndham maintenance fees, which, by the way, are generally higher then WorldMark in the first place, depending on where your home resort is. Before Club Wyndham Pass there were a few WorldMark resort that Wyndham called associate resorts. Resale owners could book into those, but most of them had little or no availability.
I don't have direct knowledge about other timeshare systems but I believe most of them have incentives of some sort to make it attractive to purchase from them.
My initial timeshare purchase was from Wyndham so I do have access to the WorldMark resorts. But that ability is not worth the tens of thousands of dollars I spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
hello,
If this is the case, then like Mark says, you are better off owning Worldmark than Wyndham. I was originally a Wyndham owner, but I bought into Worldmark for its West Coast presence to complement my Wyndham ownership. After learning about it first from TUG, of course!
Do they place restriction on resale owners in other system beside wyndham? If they do that, it is no use to buy resale timeshare. ANd if they really do that to all timeshare system, how do you unload your timeshare once you can't afford the maitenance or once you don't use them anymore?
I cannot think of a major TS system that does not have some restriction on resale owners. The question is how big of a deal is that? Usually resale owners lose out on "benefits" that are not easily used or are not as great a deal as the salesmen make them sound. You can take advantage of Club Pass to get into Worldmark, but are you willing to pay $20-25,000 for that privilege?? For that kind of money, I could buy a resale Worldmark membership that would get me almost 2 months in a Prime 2BR. Of the majors, Westgate treats resale owners like dirt (can't reserve outside home resort until 60 days?!). Wyndham and Worldmark are fine for resale in my book.
i also own MGV now is diamond international. I bought my points retail. This chrismas, i exchange my points for niagara on the lake through II. it is low season but I've been waited for 5 or six months still no availibility.
So I was frustrated for both the exchange for the niagara falls and the worldmark restriction. When we went on the sale tour at the grand view las vegas, I brought up these two issues to the sale prep. Guess what, his account showed availibility for the chrismas period for niagara falls. I think the resorts reserve some availibilty for the sale prep. I am right? Because every time we go to the tour, the sale prep can pretty much get me any reservation at the spot (if I was gonna buy more).
II and RCI are two totally different exchange systems. If you are trying for prime exchanges, get your Ongoing Search started right away, even 2 years out. I can't speak to the sales rep situation, but I would not put it past them to have some dedicated inventory. Exchanges are always a bit of a gamble, and some more so than others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, being a resale owner for 3 years is not a new Wyndham owner.

Wyndham regularly modifies its system - they call it "enhancements" - most of the owners call it "degrading the system". Since I have owned, I have seen Guest Certificates be enhanced from $29 fees to $129 because of the improvement you can do it online now -- which brings the price down to JUST $99. We used to be able to transfer points between owners - NOT NOW. And many other "enhancements" -- I learned when I see that word, my fees are increasing.

Then, they figure out how to answer the hordes of people who looked in the pretty picture book (Member Directory) and complained, Why can't I book these pretty resorts? Well, Wyndham might have had access to a DOZEN week long stays at each before AND it still only have very limited access, they took a real complaint and turned it into a MARKETING talking point ... and another $99 FEE for their coffers. Those cross-over resorts still have limited inventory (that did not increase or decrease basicly) - just the pool of Wyndham owners did shrink due to the NEW rule of DEVELOPER BROUGHT POINTS can be used to book them - along with the new fee of $99 to "exchange" into them.

When Wyndham announced they had brought the Shell Resort chain, it included the notion of NEW RESORTS -- but that was over before the booking interface was built. The Shell Resorts are in Club Wyndham Pass also with the $99 exchange fee.

Yes, I have points which I brought thru Wyndham. I consider Worldmark points but decided to take some FREE Shell points.

I suggest you look to either buy either Worldmark or Shell points; THEN (1) learn to credit pool your Wyndham points for BIG trips like to NYC, Hawaii, or local locations like San Francisco OR (2) use the Wyndham points for RCI exchanges or (3) GIVE the points away.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not that resale owners have restrictions places on them, Its that the folfs that pay the big bucks and buy directly from the developer get certain incentives to do just that.

Those incentives take nothing away from the resale owners.

In the case of Wyndham one of the incentives is the ability to trade into Worldmark (They call this new program Club Pass) ....but remember you have to wait until 9 months ahead of check in to do it....Worldmark owners have had a 4 month headstart. I think only the leftovers will be available to the Club Pass people

If you bought Wyndham to trade into Worldmark, You made a mistake.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to buy Worldmark and possibly get rid of your Wyndham. It is also possible that you could trade reservations with someone who owns Worldmark but wants to stay in a Wyndham location.

To learn more, read the posts in this forum. http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sell or give away the Wyndham Vacation Owners points you bought.

Spend more time researching

You already own so you have access to exchange company rentals, look at the private party rentals in here and ask your self do you really want another annual/monthly maintenance Fee ?

Worldmark is a good System (RESALE) - It will cost more to buy in, the maintenance fees are lower and contractually capped

When Wyndham Enhances, they are enhancing their bottom line, by trying to create some additional program, (they cannot take away deeded CCR rights), unavailable to resale owners and or requiring incremental purchases by "developer sales" owners. They report to Wall street that sales to non timeshare owners has a marketing cost of 55 % of sales, existing owners a mere 40 % of sales - so where is there focus, if they make $ 3,750 more per 25,000 in sales

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, being a resale owner for 3 years is not a new Wyndham owner.

The Shell Resorts are in Club Wyndham Pass also with the $99 exchange fee.

Actually, the Shell resorts are associate resorts and not in the Club Wyndham Pass system. I do expect the at eventually they will be moved the though.

mnmrsjjp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not that resale owners have restrictions places on them, Its that the folfs that pay the big bucks and buy directly from the developer get certain incentives to do just that.

Those incentives take nothing away from the resale owners.

In the case of Wyndham one of the incentives is the ability to trade into Worldmark (They call this new program Club Pass) ....but remember you have to wait until 9 months ahead of check in to do it....Worldmark owners have had a 4 month headstart. I think only the leftovers will be available to the Club Pass people

If you bought Wyndham to trade into Worldmark, You made a mistake.

We bought Wyndham to have Wyndham. However, we love the Pacific NW and have lots of family and friends there. In the past few years, I regularly booked into Worldmark with my Wyndham points.

We just used Wyndham Club Pass for the first time to book into Depot Bay. Granted this is a non peak week (May 1st) and Phase 2 (not Phase 1). Lots of other Worldmark stuff was available at other resorts including Gleneden for the same week.

I'd probably never get summer through Club Pass but I wouldn't want it. Traffic is impossible in the summer on the coast. Maybe this is a leftover but it works well for us. :)