• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2 reservation for 1 stay

Reaction score
I wanted to find out if this is normal. I booked an owner, my mother, a 3 day stay at Great Smokies Lodge in Sept. When I booked it last night, it said that it required 2 reservations. It then charged me twice for the housekeeping credits. The overall stay was 81k points. The two bedroom room was 77k housekeeping points for day one and 77k for the next 2 days. I looked this morning and it did indeed charge twice for housekeeping points.

Is that normal to be charged housekeeping credits twice? Any thoughts?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If she does NOT move, ask Wyndham to credit you back the 2nd set of housekeeping credits (HKs).

Yes, it occurs - can happen on even 2 night stays. Or 7 night stays.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
This happens alot when we book at certain Wyndham resorts. We have never had to switched rooms during a split reservation but I guess it is a possibility. After our stay, we call Wyndham Reservations and they put you on hold while they call the resort to verify that you did not switch rooms. Once that is verified, they return the housekeeping credits back to your account.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They are called split reservations. This happens because the inventory in the system can make a 2 or more day reservations but the system indicates that the same room is not available. The resort often can keep you in the same room, but NOT always.

Other posters have given you a work around to have some of the HK credits refunded should the resort NOT have to move you.

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also any reservation spanning a weekend (i.e. - Weds to Weds) is by necessity a split reservation.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This happens because the rules say something like "in prime season check in or check out has to be on a Friday Saturday or Sunday"

so for example if you want a Wed to Wed vacation. It has to be two reservations Wed Thurs and Friday (check out Saturday) followed by another reservation ...Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues (check out Wed)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
This happens because the rules say something like "in prime season check in or check out has to be on a Friday Saturday or Sunday"

so for example if you want a Wed to Wed vacation. It has to be two reservations Wed Thurs and Friday (check out Saturday) followed by another reservation ...Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues (check out Wed)

It also happens based on availability. The Wyndham "mother ship" stores the reservations as weeks that start on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. Depending upon the resort, the percentage can be different. Whether a particular stay will require a split depends upon what's already been taken and what that would leave.

For simplicity's sake, let's say there are 3 2BR units in a resort, one each of Fri, Sat, and Sun. Let's say you want to book Friday-Monday. That will ordinarily take the first 3 days of the Fri-Fri reservation. If you book far in advance, you can probably get that; but within 90 days, a lot of budget-minded travelers vie for the Sunday-Friday reservations available from Fri-Fri weeks, since weekend nights are usually about double a weekday. If someone has grabbed the Sun-Fri, then only Fri and Sat remains.

So in our example, you want to stay Fri, Sat, and Sun night. Someone has booked the Sat-Saturday week, someone else has booked Sun-Fri from the Fri week. You can only get your reservations from the Fri week plus a portion of the Sun week, and only if it doesn't create an "island" night (single night stay) which is only allowed within 10 or 15 days of check-in (not sure which). So sometimes, even though a resort has availability for the unit type you want, for the dates you want, you still can't book it, or can only book it by booking an extra night.

It can be frustrating to be sure.