• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney tickets

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We will be at Sheraton Vistana Villages next week.
Has anyone bought Disney tickets at the resort?
Only doing two parks, so no savings buying ahead at triple A.
Sue

Ez323

Reaction score
From our experience we have never really find Disney tickets discounted anywhere and always buy thru AAA. Although they may be regular price we like getting the Diamond parking pass for better parking.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had trouble finding discounts as well, other than the multi day pass.
You definitly get rewarded for staying loyal to a park system (i.e. Disney or Universal) as the per day cost reduces dramtically. For example, as I am sure you know, the pass from 4-5 days is only $10 or $20 more. It is really great in that way.

We purchased Disney Gift Cards from Target at a 5% discount and then called Disney to redeem and purchase passes, as you can't use more than 2-3 gift cards on the website.

This saved our family $200+ - was an extra step or two, but well worth it as we had 13 tickets to buy.

Finally - I wouldn't wait until you get there to buy the passes if you can afford to do so. They FastPass System is so amazing and you will be way behind if you wait until you are there to register.

Disney Property Guests can sign up their Fast Pass 60 days prior and Pass Holders can sign up starting 30 days in advance.

It is hard to plan ahead, but for the long line rides; it is well worth the process. It is a 1st Class Experience with the Fastpass, but you only get three and the more you plan the more efficient you can be with your day.

We had an amazing time --- it has been 20 years for me since I last went and it brought back so many great memories. We learned so much after we got there that I wish I had known (like FastPass). But Disney is worth every penny -- I have never talked to a person who walked away disappointed.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would check out mousesavers

They might have some good tips and tricks.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
AAA or Undercover Tourist are the biggest discounts, but they're typically under 5% so they might not even be worth it.

The only BIG (by comparison) discounts are for:

1) The YES program. This is a youth education program, where the kids do a class and can get discounted tickets.
2) Military discounts.
3) Corporate discounts, if your company offers them.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have purchased ours at Orlando Fun Tickets, on Palm Parkway about a block behind Olive Garden. Modest discount. However, two day tickets are not a good value, if you mean only two days. Better savings on four days+.
Have fun!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Entertainment also has WDW tickets last time I was a member.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I think if you sign up for a sales tour or owner's update, you can get a nice discount on tickets.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
We have purchased last minute tix at sister resort SVR. It is a Disney Authorized reseller, so you get proper tickets (not vouchers). Pricing is the same as at the parks, so it is really just convenience. They will of course discount the tickets a little bit if you agree to attend a short (4 hour) presentation.

I agree with PP's though that buying in advance makes a lot of sense for booking your FP+ selections. Our go to is Undercover Tourist, with the Mousesavers discount added.

Was surprised to see that AAA is still offering the Diamond parking passes. CAA no longer has a relationship with Disney, and I thought it was because parent AAA dropped it. Guess it must just be us Canucks!

ETA: Just read the "next week" so that means you're there now. Guess the advanced planning won't help. Hope you're having a great time!

Last edited:

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I m
We have purchased last minute tix at sister resort SVR. It is a Disney Authorized reseller, so you get proper tickets (not vouchers). Pricing is the same as at the parks, so it is really just convenience. They will of course discount the tickets a little bit if you agree to attend a short (4 hour) presentation.

I agree with PP's though that buying in advance makes a lot of sense for booking your FP+ selections. Our go to is Undercover Tourist, with the Mousesavers discount added.

Was surprised to see that AAA is still offering the Diamond parking passes. CAA no longer has a relationship with Disney, and I thought it was because parent AAA dropped it. Guess it must just be us Canucks!

ETA: Just read the "next week" so that means you're there now. Guess the advanced planning won't help. Hope you're having a great time!

We purchased tickets last week from AAA they told us they no longer have an affiliation with Disney.... This was an Ohio AAA.... Dave. We only got two day passes.....