• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WMH Association sale of units

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
The WMH association is supposed to be selling off units today beginning at noon EST. I received an email a few days ago saying to go to my*central, select my WMH property & view "ownership opportunities" on the right, but that link wasn't there. Called the association & rep told me that link (and prices) would not be visible till noon EST today. Same type of sale as normal, units come w/SVN staroptions, but do not count towards elite and can not be converted to points.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Have you look at eBay prices for WMH? $1 - basically free.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, but on ebay - no Staroptions.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
And actually it is one of the few resorts with ROFR so Starwood options platinum under $1500 and on occasion up to $4000 or so if they have an immediate buyer who wants a platinum week.

gtm2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to see these HOA Platinum weeks auctioned off internally, instead of everyone hurrying to submit a request at 12:00.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This special resale offer is subject to the following terms: •This is not a public offering, but a limited-term internal offer to Owners only. The Association website will only be active beginning on May 20, 2015, at 12 p.m. Eastern time, until June 19, 2015, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.

•VOI weeks are offered online on a first-come, first-served basis between May 20, 2015, at 12 p.m. Eastern time and June 19, 2015, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.

....Figures...it's after 12pm EST & still no link!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I do not see these auction on my SVN account.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't own here but would be curious to see what the 2BR lockoff platinum goes for. The WKV ones were $10k and there were only 2 or 3 available which I was unable to get despite clicking and submitting the request right when it opened within a few seconds

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

gtm2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
The WKV resale had to be rescheduled once to twice due to website issues, so no surprises here.

This special resale offer is subject to the following terms: •This is not a public offering, but a limited-term internal offer to Owners only. The Association website will only be active beginning on May 20, 2015, at 12 p.m. Eastern time, until June 19, 2015, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.

•VOI weeks are offered online on a first-come, first-served basis between May 20, 2015, at 12 p.m. Eastern time and June 19, 2015, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.

....Figures...it's after 12pm EST & still no link!

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
I don't own here but would be curious to see what the 2BR lockoff platinum goes for. The WKV ones were $10k and there were only 2 or 3 available which I was unable to get despite clicking and submitting the request right when it opened within a few seconds

They were 10K last year when they did this.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes, but on ebay - no Staroptions.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Of course no SOs… my point is that buying WMH (or any V resort) for SOs can be expensive when considering cost, MFs, and resale value…

Be careful in comparing this to WKV (or comparing any V resort with a M resort) - not a fair comparison and over values WMH.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The MF at WMH is $249.40 MORE than WKV, but I'm guessing that buying a week through the WMH owner's auction, will be a lot less than buying a 2 bdm. Plat WKV week on the resale market. If that's true, this may be a good deal for WMH owners who want more Staroptions, and wants to own another week at WMH.

According to the MF data base on TUG:

WMH: 148,100 Staroptions = $1,633.27 MF

WKV: 148,100 Staroptions = $1,383.87 MF (including taxes)

Last edited:

gtm2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the voluntary WMH prices compared to the mandatory WKV prices. Here is a price list from the 11/6/14 WKV sale.

Attachments

• WKV_20141106.png
    WKV_20141106.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 36

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The MF at WMH is $249.40 MORE than WKV, but I'm guessing that buying a week through the WMH owner's auction, will be a lot less than buying a 2 bdm. Plat WKV week on the resale market. If that's true, this may be a good deal for WMH owners who want more Staroptions, and wants to own another week at WMH.

According to the MF data base on TUG:

WMH: 148,100 Staroptions = $1,633.27 MF

WKV: 148,100 Staroptions = $1,383.87 MF (including taxes)

My WKV VOIs have almost covered their purchase costs (and MFs) in rent alone - and are currently being priced close to what I paid for them (in 2007). This is one reason a comparison between WMH and WKV can be skewed, and comes with caution (IMO).

The HOA setting of the prices for the 2Bd Plat VOIs at WKV were negligent (IMO) - I would love to know who got these, and if they were related to HOA BOD members.

Last edited:

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The link was finally activated. The were only 2 (annual/148K *options) platinum units available for sale @ $10,000 each (+ abt $600 closing costs). Lots of annual gold (81K *options) for $4K, and lots odd/even gold & silver, but no platinum.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The link was finally activated. The were only 2 (annual/148K *options) platinum units available for sale @ $10,000 each (+ abt $600 closing costs). Lots of annual gold (81K *options) for $4K, and lots odd/even gold & silver, but no platinum.

As expected.

Sent from my iPad

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

So they set the WMH 2Bd Plat at same price as the WKV 2Bd Plat…

clowns are running the circus...