• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Maui - 6 day / 5 nights offer?

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this in the mail, price is $698, any good?

Normally I see the std disclaimer "this is an offer to sell timeshares" but on this offer I didn't see any disclaimers..

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They are going to offer you $100 to do a presentation.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Yup, it's a legit offer and a really nice deal. I think that Hawaiian laws don't allow them to force you to attend a timeshare presentation, but that's the reason they're sending this offer to you. You can either take it or leave it.

Starwood has a new phase breaking ground in Maui. It's called Nanea. It should be fabulous, as well as grossly overpriced.

We actually paid for one of these back in 1995 or 1996, but never ended up using it because we bought a 2 bdrm Westin Ka'anapali North timeshare (on the resale market) instead.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is a good deal - just don't buy.
We did one back in 2005 at Sheraton Poipu, $200 resort credits, free breakfast, rental car included, and cost was ~$600 - bargain. We brought OF WKORVN, found TUG and rescinded immediately (whew...), and bought OFD at WKORV (resale).

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Yup, it's a legit offer and a really nice deal. I think that Hawaiian laws don't allow them to force you to attend a timeshare presentation, but that's the reason they're sending this offer to you.

I don't think it is the Hawaii laws. Marriott has offered Hawaii packages in the not too distant past that did require a timeshare presentation. Also, we have received similar offers for Westin's Phoenix property with no timeshare presentation required.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
How do you get one of these cheap offers??? I have never gotten one. I guess owning 3 weeks isn't the answer! :hysterical:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do you get one of these cheap offers??? I have never gotten one. I guess owning 3 weeks isn't the answer! :hysterical:

First of all, when we bought one of these, it wasn't in '95 but rather ~2003. Not sure what I was thinking. IIRC, it was in response to a nice marketing brochure that they sent to me. At the time, you "secured" the offer with a downpayment of maybe $300 and then paid the rest when you booked. It was for a room at Sheraton Black Rock + rental car.

I wasn't a timeshare owner at the time, but might have just signed up for my SPG account. And I might have also signed up for the SPG Amex. I know that I was actively looking for places to stay in Hawaii for my 15 year wedding anniversary. So my advice is to do something that triggers some activity on SPG.com, such as searching for Hawaiian resorts. And maybe update your profile. I read somewhere that Starwood targets couples who make over $100k per year.

Since that first offer, I've gotten several more offers, but mainly to SVV -- some via brochure, some via postcard, and some via email. None of them have been for Hawaii again.

Most recently, I was contacted by phone, once again for SVV. I usually don't answer the phone when I don't recognize the number, so I'm thinking that they may have identified themselves as Starwood. Anywho, it was for a very nice offer to stay in Orlando. It included a rental car, etc. I'm not a Mouse lover, so I declined.

Now that they are building Nanea, they will surely be sending these solicitations around again.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I wonder what kind of view that price gets you. I'd consider paying more for a guaranteed better view. That's a big resort with some really bad views.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I received one of these. If this wasn't a year where I already have ~28 days at WKORV I might bite. Hmm...perhaps I should buy it for next year (assuming availability)...

Sent from my iPad

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I have the SPG Amex, 3 TS weeks, meet income requirements, etc even stay at SPG resorts fairly often. Nothing!! Never received an offer. I guess I'm lucky, although I wouldn't mind a great deal here or there. Oh well!! :shrug:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have the SPG Amex, 3 TS weeks, meet income requirements, etc even stay at SPG resorts fairly often. Nothing!! Never received an offer. I guess I'm lucky, although I wouldn't mind a great deal here or there. Oh well!! :shrug:

Have you entered the new Kauai sweepstakes? Maybe that might get you on some list.

Also, make sure that you didn't restrict solicitations when you reviewed their Privacy policy. Finally, I think that some states prohibit these types of solicitations....

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score

Same here. We also have never received an offer.

I don't know, cubigbird. Perhaps it's our names? You are big bird, I am little bird. And we both have ties to CU (I assume from your old avatar of Ralphie).

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Same here. We also have never received an offer.

I don't know, cubigbird. Perhaps it's our names? You are big bird, I am little bird. And we both have ties to CU (I assume from your old avatar of Ralphie).

Haha that's got to be it!!! It's gotta be the name. On a serious note, checking privacy settings - that's not it. Oh well, I'm not desperate and I'm pretty much booked for vacations this year and next so I can do without.....

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Catching up... I do not think these offers are open to those who already own a SVO VOI.
I have never received an offer after our 1st. But, got a nice offer from the new Hyatt in Kaanapali (not taking it).

Nick66

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one one these last year. I had called Starwood to get them to send an offer like this to a friend of mine. Then I asked if I could have the same offer and the lady emailed me an invite as well. She told me that owners are limited to one of these offers per year.

Cornhusker

TUG Member
Reaction score
They routinely send them to SPG gold and platinum members who are not yet SVO owners to get them to the sales presentation. It is definitely a good deal so long as you don't buy anything direct from Starwood. The sales presentation is voluntary. We did one in 2011 and they offered us 7500 starpoints or $100 to attend the sales presentation.