• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

More SVN Booking Restrictions

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to reserve 10 days in WKORV today and was told of a recent booking restriction. Apparently, the reps are now only allowed to book 2 reservations when you have to split your stay due to availability. In my case, I had to split the 10-day stay in to 4 reservations.

As you are already all aware, some resorts have a minimum stay restriction (3 days in Harborside) based on season, and check-in day restriction (Saturday check-in in WKORV is usually not available within 8 months).

It is just frustating when you try to reserve online and the chart is showing "green" and search shows no availability :wall:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I'm confused. If agents are limited to 2 reservations, and your stay was split up 4 ways, does that mean that you had to call back?

More importantly, does it mean that you'll have to change rooms 4 times? Yikes!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Keep in mind that if you move units during your stay you'll likely be assessed a cleaning fee once you utilize the included cleanings with your ownership week (typically two per 2-bed unit).

Sent from my iPad

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
check-in day restriction (Saturday check-in in WKORV is usually not available within 8 months).

This is not a restriction - it's just supply and demand - Saturday is the most popular check-in day.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I am unclear why the 10-day stay had to be split into 4 separate reservations?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am unclear why the 10-day stay had to be split into 4 separate reservations?

10 consecutive days were not available in the same unit.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Understood - but why 4 separate reservations?

When it wasn't available online, he called Owner Services. They "said" they could only book 2 segments for him at one time, so he apparently had to call twice and book 2 segments + 2 segments.

*I have never heard this before, and I get so much mis-information from the entry level Reps, that I would have called back and talked to someone else or Owner Resolution Services.

Last edited:

paluamalia

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN
Starwood Responses

Just wanted to jump in on Denise's comment.....different reps will give different responses.
I have some new contracts and my Star Central account was in disarray, I will not go into the details now. On the first call I was on the phone for an hour trying to make a reservation and get the thing straightened out. I attempted to book online, but got the error message and had to call. My partner and I have owned at Starwood since 2004, but they told us that we must have 2 separate accounts...when she told me I had to write a letter stating that we were both owners, I refused. The rep called back and said that it was OK, because we were married, they didn't know that, so I didn't have to write a letter! We are both women and we use different last names, but I really don't think that was the cause of the confusion. Our deeds are all the same.
A week later it still wasn't taken care of and my reservation wasn't there!!

My takeaway on this is...if it doesn't sound right, hang up, call back and get a different rep. They are trying to help, but it's not helping!

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding for me, Denise! I'll try and confirm with Resolution Services if this truly a new rule since I've several reservations in the past with more that 3 segments.

But what actually happened is that the rep transferred me to Resolution Services and they were able to book the 10 days into a single reservation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for responding for me, Denise! I'll try and confirm with Resolution Services if this truly a new rule since I've several reservations in the past with more that 3 segments.

But what actually happened is that the rep transferred me to Resolution Services and they were able to book the 10 days into a single reservation.

Which pretty much proves, that the original Reps. provided the wrong info. It happens every day...