• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Purchasing Timeline- advice needed

Stljayhawk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the advice regarding the purchase of our timeshare. We really are looking forward to becoming “officially tuggers” and can hopefully help others in the future as we gain experience and knowledge, with fun travel memories along the way.
After much research, timeshare presentations, and advice from this board, we decided that a 2Br plat WKV would be the best investment for our family. We are currently in the process of purchasing this property, and the process is taking quite a bit longer than anticipated. We would appreciate any advice or input that you could over. Here is our current timeline-
Note- we are planning on paying for and using 2015 options. We were planning on using some at Lagunamar this fall, and banking some. However, as July 1 is quickly approaching, feeling very uncertain about that plan-
We are dealing with Angie Edwards, Fidelity Real Estate Timeshare Division- she was the listing agent.
March 10- Signed contract and returned to Angie, Deposited $1000 with the closing and escrow company that she uses.
March 17- emailed for update. Told we were waiting on estoppel from Westin, and once it was received, we will proceed to closing. “you should receive your closing statements within the next 3-4 weeks”. The remained of the purchase price will be due at that time. Once all of the funds are in escrow, the deed will go to record in your name then sent to the resort to complete the transfer. “the account should be fully transferred in 12-14 weeks”.
March 27-we asked for an update, and reminded her that time was important, as we would like to use the 2015 options.
March 30- they replied “ we are checking with the closing company”
April 1- “Estoppel has been ordered. Closing statements and estoppel should arrive in 3 weeks”. “Currently starwood is taking 20-30 days to transfer ownership”.
April 22- we emailed again, requesting estoppels status and schedule for closing documents.
April 23- we received notice that the estoppels have been received, and the paperwork is at the closing company. We are now awaiting title search documents and should have paperwork within the next 2 weeks.
May 11- we sent emails to both the agent and closing company- concerned about the timeline-

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
From my experience earlier this year, you should reasonably expect another 30 days to receive your deed after you get estoppel and at least another 30 days for starwood to record and transfer the account.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
I would ask the current owner, through the real estate company, to make a reservation for what you would like at Lagunamar this fall. This way you will have that reservation. Not sure whether the current owners can bank the balance for you, but hopefully someone else on the forum can answer that for you. If this can't happen and you miss the timelines, you could entertain another vacation this year, and in the future if you are short SOs in a particular year, you can always borrow from the future and bring into the current year. It is always more difficult in the year of acquisition, it seems the timelines have a way of sneaking up on us.

Best of luck and hopefully the timelines align for you.

Markus

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase! We also own at WKV, and have been very pleased with our purchase.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was for a SVV, not WKV, but here was my timeline:

March 23rd - sales contract signed and estoppal letter requested

April 16th - estoppal received and deed is sent to sellers

April 28th - new deed recorded

May 6th - Staroptions deposited/transferred to my SVN account

This was through Legal Timeshare Transfer

FYI, I called the Starwood Title Department on May 4th to see if they could expedite the transfer after I faxed a copy of the recorded deed earlier that day. It took 48 hours for the transfer and SO's to show up.

Also, I did not send any money until after I received the estoppal letter. Even though it would be safe in escrow, I wasn't going to give up my funds until I knew I was buying what I thought I was buying. LTT was fully on board w/ this.

Last edited:

shekon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a property in cancun through Angie Edwards advertising with Redweek. Were you happy with the purchase of your property? Would you deal with her again!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I am looking to purchase a property in cancun through Angie Edwards advertising with Redweek. Were you happy with the purchase of your property? Would you deal with her again!

FYI - You're asking a question of someone who hasn't been seen on TUG since mid-year 2018.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We bought 3 from her. The last time was horrid. It took forever, phone calls not returned. The 1st 2 times were good experiences. This last go around had so many issues that we would not use her ever again. She was great until we signed the contract then she did not want to bother to put herself out.