• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fuzzy on a topic after hours of research

advocoach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read and reread the Wyndham directory linked to in the forums along with numerous posts in the forums.

I think we are leaning towards Wyndham resale points over weeks. I understand points are just points and VIP status & such doesn't transfer. What I can't find enough info on is the discounts such as offered through the PERKS program and hotel discounts.
The directory just states as a Club Wyndham Plus member you have access to PERKS. but on the next page the way I read it is, a club Wyndham member can get hotel discounts, no special access needed other than calling a certain number and giving them the code listed.
My husband owns a business and the discount would be great for his traveling to help save. Would be a great plus on resale but nothing That's so important or beneficial that would cause us to buy from resort.
I think rocket scientists wrote the directory or maybe I just don't totally understand the whole point system enough to translate all the lingo.....Lol.

Once again Thank you for your patience and help.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I have read and reread the Wyndham directory linked to in the forums along with numerous posts in the forums.

I think we are leaning towards Wyndham resale points over weeks. I understand points are just points and VIP status & such doesn't transfer. What I can't find enough info on is the discounts such as offered through the PERKS program and hotel discounts.
The directory just states as a Club Wyndham Plus member you have access to PERKS. but on the next page the way I read it is, a club Wyndham member can get hotel discounts, no special access needed other than calling a certain number and giving them the code listed.
My husband owns a business and the discount would be great for his traveling to help save. Would be a great plus on resale but nothing That's so important or beneficial that would cause us to buy from resort.
I think rocket scientists wrote the directory or maybe I just don't totally understand the whole point system enough to translate all the lingo.....Lol.

Once again Thank you for your patience and help.

Wyndham owners (resale or otherwise) get 20% off the "Best Available Rate" at Wyndham hotels group properties - nothing major. AAA discounts are often similar.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forget about Wyndham discount programs! They are sales BS!

You can do equal or better with a little shopping using things like groupon, chickendeal, motor club, AARP, frequent user promotions, Entertainment book, Internet specials, coupons, etc.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the Wyndham Perks website:

https://www.perksbyclubwyndham.com/offers

You should be able to look and see if anything interests you without having to sign in or be a member?

I agree with the other posters. To me it looks much like the type of discounts found with Entertainment Book, AAA, Groupon etc...

Many times I find if I want a discount somewhere I just Google what I want plus the word discount, coupon or free shipping and discounts come up.

If you become a Club Wyndham owner you can get hotel discounts without joining the Perks program. Under the category of "At Your Service" from the drop down menu under "Wyndham Hotel Discounts" you will be provided a code for "hotel" bookings.

You will receive up to 20% off the “Best Available Rate” at participating locations.

Cynthia T. :)

lilpooh108

Reaction score
FWIW, I looked at several Wyndham hotel properties using the code (you can plug it into the website online). The hotels we happened to look at only gave 15% off the rack rate, which was exactly the same discount given to AAA and AARP members.

In other words, the discount isn't much at all and you're probably better off familiarizing yourself with Flyertalk or other travel websites/forums/blogs to get meaningful discounted codes for purposes of travel.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the best part > YOU DON"T NEED TO JOIN WYNDHAM PERKS to get up to the 20% Hotel Discount (Wyndham Family Brand Hotels).

You just need to provide the discount code and be a Club Wyndham Member. You become a Club Wyndham member when you purchase a Wyndham timeshare. You get the code from the Club Wyndham Website - the same one you use to book reservations www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com

Cynthia T. :)

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Thank you all for answering my questions!

I also use Wyndham reward points. Many posters have posted the it's not worth it and I think generally that is true. But in this case it works for me. This summer my wife and I have been traveling with another couple to several Wyndham resorts. But we stayed in several Days Inns and a few other Wyndham branded Motels between Wyndham timeshare resorts. We have been staying in separate motel rooms. Since I am booking all the rooms from the Wyndham rewards website I am getting 10 Wyndham reward points for each dollar spent on both rooms. They run a lot of promotions so it looks like by the time we get home I will have over 20,000 Wyndham Reward points.
Which is enough to put $120.00 towards my maintenance fees. Considering I spent only $700.00 for the motel rooms my wife and I stayed in, the $120 is an additional 17% over the 15 - 20% I already saved. So if you have to travel for business it might also work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD