• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pagosa Springs questions

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny how things change, Pagosa Springs was always my last choice if I had points to use because in western standards the drive was close, only three hours. I would book Pagosa Springs when I did not have enough points to go anywhere else. Buying at Pagosa Springs was never even a thought.

But now that I have discovered the resale market, thanks to TUG, I am beginning to have enough points to actually take advantage of my Wyndham ownership. Now I hope to have some extra points each year and Pagosa is becoming a desired place to stay for a few nights. My family owns a broken down trailer (was left to us in a will) at Ft. Sumner Lake NM and always gets together there during the summer holiday weekends. I absolutely despise the place and am trying to come up with an alternative.

My biggest concern is trying to book 4 nights during the Memorial, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. It appears using the 10 month window will not allow me to book anything during those times. So I would love to know from owners if it is still difficult to book during those holiday weekends. If not I may actually try to find a Pagosa Springs resale. Are mf on the low side for Pagosa springs, I keep thinking they are but am not sure.

I currently own at Club Destin, Cypress Palms, and Bonnet Creek. Priority booking at any of those places is not important or not possible for a full week, so letting them go and replacing them with something more useful is on my radar (I am in the hunt for a Club Access contract).

Gary

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
... Now I hope to have some extra points each year and Pagosa is becoming a desired place to stay for a few nights...

My biggest concern is trying to book 4 nights during the Memorial, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekends. It appears using the 10 month window will not allow me to book anything during those times. So I would love to know from owners if it is still difficult to book during those holiday weekends. If not I may actually try to find a Pagosa Springs resale. Are mf on the low side for Pagosa springs, I keep thinking they are but am not sure.

I currently own at Club Destin, Cypress Palms, and Bonnet Creek. Priority booking at any of those places is not important or not possible for a full week, so letting them go and replacing them with something more useful is on my radar (I am in the hunt for a Club Access contract).

Gary

If you want to stay in a 3 or 4 bedroom unit during holiday weeks, you will need the Advance Reservation Priority at Pagosa Springs. If a 2 Bedroom Plus or smaller unit will do, then you should be able to find something right at 10 months. Memorial Day and Labor Day are easy; July 4th and December holidays fill up fast.

There are 8 HOAs at Pagosa Springs, each with their own MF rate.

http://www.wyndhampagosa.net/#

The Peregrine MF at $6/1000, everything including Program Fee, is at the low end for Pagosa. The nice thing is that you can own any HOA at Pagosa and ARP into the 3 or 4 bedroom units in Teal Landing, where the MF are higher. (We save a couple hundred $ per year this way versus owning at Teal Landing.)

The 10 months booking window for Memorial Day is only two weeks away. Why not see what the points you have now can get you?

Club Access offers ARP at Pagosa at lower MF, but Pagosa contracts can be purchased at a lower price initially.

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at Labor Day and could not find anything but of course that is only a couple of months away so it makes sense there would not be much. I am looking for a Club Access contract and now I am thinking I may want a larger point contract and I could get rid of my Club Destin contract. I forgot that Pagosa was part of the CWA inventory.

I will keep an eye out for what is available during the Memorial Day weekend. I doubt if I will get my family weened from going to Ft. Sumner Lake as there is sentimental value for my wife and other family members. Everytime we go there half our time is spent fixing something and trying to figure out how much everyone owes to maintain the place. It is not really an attractive area and because of not using the place we had to spend the first day finding dead mice and getting rid of them. Really a fun holiday weekend, not!

We only go out to the place about three times a year so for the same money we spend we could have a luxurious place in a gorgeous setting, and it is the same drive time for us. I know during the fall it is really easy to get in and often for reduced points.

Gary