• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside Atlantis - A Few Questions

Travelmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the cost of regular taxi fare to or from the airport? Also, how much does a stop at the grocery store add to that?

Thanks

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Airport to downtown Nassau $27
Airport to Cable Beach $18
Airport to Paradise Island $34 includes bridge toll

There is not a set fee to stop at the store. That is set by the driver....and it depends on the number of stops and where you stop.

Say $25-$50 for the stops.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have used many including Sandy, which was a disaster for us.
This is the first time I've heard negative comments about this service - can you please provide details? This service is frequently mentioned here, so it would be helpful for people who are considering it.
We used Sandy, and wasn't overly impressed.

We had requested a car seat in advance. They didn't bring one. All the way to the resort, the driver kept talking about how the highway we were on was the most dangerous one in the Bahamas, and how many people had died on it. Not the right "tour guide" commentary, especially for a family whose kids aren't in car seats. They were late for the return to the airport, too.

I'm not sure if we would use them again or not.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Sounds like Sandy's service has not kept its former high quality. I haven't been there in a few years but have used her service many times all successfully. Being late and not having a car seat are pretty absurd things to deal with for a taxi service.

Sent from my iPad

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have never had a problem with Sandra...I just got an Email from her about picking us up in 3 weeks from the airport...cost $50 to Harborside that's with a stop at grocery store.. return trip is $40...every time her daughter ,son or her pick us up and they all have air condition vehicles....clean...and we always have a tour pointing out different places on the way to Harborside..All the Fergusons are very friendly...
Sorry I can't compare any other taxi because Sandra is all we've used for the past 8 years...But why change when we get good service with her? :cool:

RAL

Last edited:

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was charged extra $10 for a 30 min grocery stop on the way to Harborside in july

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
How big is Sandra's "fleet"? Do they have vans that can handle 6 people, for instance?

stevio99

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to consider car rental from budget. Cost is about 50 bucks with the entertainment book code (they never ask for the card, and I doubt they even know what it is). The way to book is from airport to Shirley park drop off (same cost, even though it is a 1 way rental). I've told the people at the Shirley park office to drive me back to atlantis and they've done it for me 3 times now. Good thing is you get car for 24 hours so can shop and do dining off atlantis =cheaper)

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone PM Sandys email to me? or post it here if that's appropriate.

Thank you!