• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Hawaii Inventory for Entire Year on II

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any one else having problems seeing ANY Hawaii (maui and Oahu) inventory on II. I have 2 weeks on request for June 2011 using (2) DSV I October weeks. These request have been in about 2 months. I know it is early as perple are just making 2011 reservations, but when I search from today until 1 year from today, in Maui and Oahu, I get absolutely no inventory for the entire year. Does this seem right?

RedDogSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a fluke. I was searching using a Non-Marriott week as late as last week and saw Ko'Olina, Maui Ocean Club and Kauai beach club available. You are just landing in prime time. They will come.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii weeks rarely just sit there. They are likely taken by people with an on-going request and we just see the leftovers when we search online.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also saw some Hawaii Marriott units this morning and even a 2 bedroom Maui- Lahaina & Napili towers last night. However they never last very long, even the studios get snatched up quickly.

The OP might just be searching at a time when nothing shows as available. If you are looking for Hawaii you have to check often.

Just checked.....no Marriott's in Hawaii currently available (using a Ko'Olina 2 bedroom gift of time deposit to search).

Last edited:

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
Anyone received an exchange into HI?

Has anyone received a 2011 HI exchange? If so what did you deposit and what did you get?

I am perplexed that we have not received our exchange. We deposited a 2009 Hilton Head Surfwatch 2 bedroom villa JUly 4th week about 15 months ago and requested either a 1 or 2 bedroom at Ko-Olina for the week of Feb 25. I am surprised we have not yet been confirmed? In the past I have received 2 bedroom villas at Koolina about 12 months out. I would suspect only another Hawaii (or possibly Carribean)2 bedroom deposit could outrank us in priority... yet no exchange.

I have been wondering if the limited HI supply is due to the new points program?

AM I missing something? I don't beleive the Pro bowl is that week..what else could it be?

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any one else having problems seeing ANY Hawaii (maui and Oahu) inventory on II. I have 2 weeks on request for June 2011 using (2) DSV I October weeks. These request have been in about 2 months. I know it is early as perple are just making 2011 reservations, but when I search from today until 1 year from today, in Maui and Oahu, I get absolutely no inventory for the entire year. Does this seem right?

Are you only looking for Marriott? We pulled a 2 bedroom at the Point at Poipu using a DSV II 2 Bedroom July week as a trader. Took about a month for the trade to come through, for a week in April.

Our experience is if we don't put in our request at least 12 months out for a summer week it is not uncommon for a trade to not appear until the new year of the exchange, in this case 2011, when requesting Hawaii.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
We made our request in May 2010 (2 months ago) using a 2010 October DSV I 1BR in October and another request using DSV I 1BR 2011 May 28 (memorial day weekend) for the same time frame. Trying to exchange to Maui or Oahu (Marriott's only) 1BR for any week in June 2011. Thought we would get at least 1 week by now. Guess I just keep checking a few time a day!

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I presume developer banks are whole units and customer banks can be whole or partial. Does that match up with historical data? I ask because the 2BR units at Ko Olina that I saw as getaways were not available for exchange and all I saw for exchange were studios, presumably customer deposits.

IMO, along with the Marriott 'preference' issue (no 21-24 day Marriott<-> Marriott preference) we've been seeing lately , these nuances will bear much scrutiny over the next few months as the points system rolls out. Targeted trade tests and ongoing search results should tell us a lot about this new system's effects on the 'old' II and our 'legacy' ownerships.

ldanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw four islands this morning (three Marriott's) when doing my trade test. Kauai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club and KoOlina. IIRC, I also saw some two bedroom KoOlina as getaways for around 1800.00 in December '10. I use my platinum NCV (Newport Coast 2BR non-lockoff) for trade tests.

I can also see those 3 Marriotts with my Barony, too. Just Aug, Set and Dec weeks. Just studios.

Retired TSO

Reaction score
Has anyone received a 2011 HI exchange? If so what did you deposit and what did you get?

I am perplexed that we have not received our exchange. We deposited a 2009 Hilton Head Surfwatch 2 bedroom villa JUly 4th week about 15 months ago and requested either a 1 or 2 bedroom at Ko-Olina for the week of Feb 25. I am surprised we have not yet been confirmed? In the past I have received 2 bedroom villas at Koolina about 12 months out. I would suspect only another Hawaii (or possibly Carribean)2 bedroom deposit could outrank us in priority... yet no exchange.

I have been wondering if the limited HI supply is due to the new points program?

AM I missing something? I don't beleive the Pro bowl is that week..what else could it be?

We put in a request 2 weeks ago for a 1BR at MOC for a very specifc March check-in date using our 1 BR Aruba Surf Club PLAT week and had our request filled in less than a week.

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Targeted trade tests and ongoing search results should tell us a lot about this new system's effects on the 'old' II and our 'legacy' ownerships.

Those test results will be the canaries in the coal mine. Please post what you find.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an ongoing request for Hawaii and see one you're looking for online, how can you snatch it? I thought once you put in the request you're stuck waiting for II to find it.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am perplexed that we have not received our exchange. We deposited a 2009 Hilton Head Surfwatch 2 bedroom villa JUly 4th week about 15 months ago and requested either a 1 or 2 bedroom at Ko-Olina for the week of Feb 25. I am surprised we have not yet been confirmed? In the past I have received 2 bedroom villas at Koolina about 12 months out.

Just by chance, have you checked your II account? There were some of us who never got an email confirmation (or phone call) on a deposit-first request and it just showed up. I called II and they told me the trade had been confirmed a few months earlier.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an ongoing request for Hawaii and see one you're looking for online, how can you snatch it? I thought once you put in the request you're stuck waiting for II to find it.
IME, you can still shop with any interval you have an ongoing request in for. Confirming it with that interval will merely cancel the request, or has for me in the past.

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always chech the Demand Index in the II catalog to get an idea of how strong a trade a week is. A week 21 (Memorial Day) in the California Desert has an average II rating of 100, while a Hawaii week in June has an II rating from 110-140. That is for all resorts in Hawaii. If you only requested Marriotts, they are probably at the high end of the II rating. It helps that you put your request in 13 months ahead. I think you have a good chance of getting Marriott Kauai or Ko Olina.
Darlene

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
We put in a request a few weeks ago for Maui. Just snagged a 1 bedroom Westin. True I did not pull a Marriott week and traded a 2 BD for a 1 BD. But since we are going by ourselves we are still pretty happy about our trade. It didn't have to be a Marriott for us, just a nice resort for the 1 week timeframe we needed. Now we get to start counting the days for three weeks in Kauai.