• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP! Airline reward seat availability website

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
Let me apologize in advance fo rrequesting info that is somewher in tugs but I have searcehd and searched and cannot find the post.

I recall someone provided a link to a website that would search for reward seat availability for all major airlines. Somehow I lost this bookmarked site.

Can someone out there direct me to that website?

Thanks in advance!

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Do you mean seatcounter.com?

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
seatcounter.com is one place. expertflyer.com (fee-based) offers many more features. Actually, I don't think seatcouter displays award class buckets, but expertflyer will.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Are you referring to the ANA website? If so, Brian posted some great information in this thread on how to use ANA to check FF availability.

Kurt

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! ..but which seat booking class for ff miles?

Thanks all of you for your helpful responses.

I am not sure if seatcounter.com is the site or not... it looks like I recall, but I do not see how to tell if frequent flyer miles can be used for a specific seat type. Seatcounter shows available seats by booking class (A...K...Y, etc....

Is there a specific booking class that indicates use of frequent flyer miles can be used to purchase? If so is that fare class the same for all airlines?

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
any experinece with expertflyer.com ???

Thanks again for the useful websites. Awardgrabber.com is useful to calculate the dates award seats may com available based on your departure/return date.

Expertflyer.com looks exactly what I am looking for. However it costs $4.99 or $9.99 per month depending on the level of features one desires.

Does anyone out there belong to expertflyer.com? If so does it work as promised and what package per month do you recommend? Does it tell yo how many award seats are available?

I normally only search for award seats for flights to HI which only occur every other year, so I do not believe it is worth joining for $99/year. I also plan to use Marriott Reward points via a travel package to transfer Marriott Rewards to ff miles at the airline with ticket availability. Only problem is that many airlines will not hold ff seats long enough for me to deposit my miles. So I will take the risk of waiting a day to transfer Marriott rewards for airline miles before I can order the award seats. (THis has been my experience with Northwest Airlines.) Are their airlines that will allow you to hold the seats for a few days to allow time to transfer my Marriott rewards AIRline miles?

THanks for your help!

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Lots of people swear by expertflyer.com on the boards at www.frequentflyer.com. Mostly used to check for upgrades and cheaper first class seats IIRC. I never felt the need to pay for it though.

Do a search there and you will get lots of advice.

Cheers

mlfrancis

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
FF flights to Hawaii

having just gone thru the process of getting free tickets to Hawaii for next May/June, I found that United was the only one where you could get "saver" awards - and unfortunately my miles were with USAirways and there was no way to move them to United (where I also have an account but with just a few thousand miles in it). I had to use double the miles to get coach seats, when I really wanted First Class. I'll keep checking to see if they release more seats at lower award levels, then I'll pay the $100/ticket to rebook.

You can "pretend" to book a ticket without actually having the miles in your account (or even having an account) - the system will show you the availability, then when you try to go to the booking page, it will stop you. This worked for me on USAirways, United, AA, and Delta.

BTW, I did move some miles from my Marriott Rewards account to USAirways - did it over the phone, no fee and the miles were there in less than 48 hours.

Good luck - do it ASAP before those seats disappear. United is one airline that I've heard will let you hold them, at least for 24 hours and you could call and rebook - it's worth a phone call.

Mary

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the useful websites. Awardgrabber.com is useful to calculate the dates award seats may com available based on your departure/return date.

Expertflyer.com looks exactly what I am looking for. However it costs $4.99 or $9.99 per month depending on the level of features one desires.

Does anyone out there belong to expertflyer.com? If so does it work as promised and what package per month do you recommend? Does it tell yo how many award seats are available?

I use expertflyer and recommend it for searching award inventory. In addition to searching inventory real-time, you can set up an email alert (flight specific) to be notified if/when such seats become available. There is a 5 day free trial, which isn't really long enough to learn the features. But, sign up and give it a try.

SuzanneSLO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use expertflyer and recommend it for searching award inventory. In addition to searching inventory real-time, you can set up an email alert (flight specific) to be notified if/when such seats become available. There is a 5 day free trial, which isn't really long enough to learn the features. But, sign up and give it a try.

Another happy expertflyer user. We sign up for the higher level of service (which allows you to save searches and thus, save time) on monthly basis as needed. Very useful in finding upgrade inventory on AA. Best of luck -- Suzanne