• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any expereince with JRA Services Inc?

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
There is a unit on EBAy which I am watching and the Escrow/closing is being performed by JRA services, Inc. Does anyone have expereinces with them? I googled them and found out they have a website and are located out of FL..but now-a-days anyone can have a professional looking website.

ALso in my google search I found a link to someone on Redweek who had a problem with JRA Services ..granted there was only one complaint I found, but that is one more than I had hoped to find. Please let me know if anyone has a good or bad experience with this closing company.

And another thing....... At what point does it not make sense to have title insurance for a timeshare? Earlier purchases included title insurance but they were valued at >$20K. But what about a $10K purchase ..would you recommend title insurance?

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
JRA Services

We purchased a week at a Key Largo resort last summer and the seller paid closing costs via JRA services.

We were very satisfied with the service of JRA as a buyer. Communication was prompt, and we received the recorded deed in a timely manner.

Bill4728

Reaction score
There is a unit on EBAy which I am watching and the Escrow/closing is being performed by JRA services, Inc. Does anyone have expereinces with them? I googled them and found out they have a website and are located out of FL..but now-a-days anyone can have a professional looking website.
I've never done business with them but they are a legit TS closing service.

And another thing....... At what point does it not make sense to have title insurance for a timeshare? Earlier purchases included title insurance but they were valued at >$20K. But what about a $10K purchase ..would you recommend title insurance?
Title insurance is a very personal choice. At $20K YES but at $2K no. At $10K maybe (but I'm cheap and would likely say no). BUT in lew of Title insurance, you should require an Estopple letter from the resort which says what if any debts they know about with the TS in question.

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rudy
I may be the one complaint you read about on Redweek. We had a problem with the county tax records not being completed. Long story short, JRA finally got the problem ironed out for us and all is recorded correctly now. It was a problem that would not happen for most transactions as it involved a divorced couple, property settlement and Calif. property laws. It was a headache over a $2100 timeshare purchase. JRA wasn't thrilled to get involved a year after closing, but they did and I give them high points for that. I would certainly do business with them again.

Julie

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks ... plus more on estoppel letter

Thanks for sharing your good experiences with JRA Services Escrow and closing.

Is an estoppel letter a 'cheaper alternative' for title insurance or is it automatically requested by the escrow company on the buyer's behalf or do I have to request this form the escrow ocmpany? It seems like an estoppel letter should be requested and received before any funds are transferred...is this customary?

Julie: Thanks for coming forward .. I feel much better about JRA services after your explanation!

Last edited:

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
I used JRA which is owned by a lady named Janet.

She is an advertiser on Tug as her ad comes up on the banner when you sign on.

She does all her transactions through the mail as she would only accept a cheque no credit cards to pay the fees,

It took a little longer but she did a good job. I would use Janet again.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
JRA services has closed 3 sales for me and I received excellent service on all sales ( both as the buyer and seller). Janet is great both in communication and she quickly completed the closings. They are also the least expensive closing company I have found. Feel safe to use them.

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rudy:

An estoppel letter should be customary for all closing companies, however, that said, it is not always. I have seen some that charge to get it, I get it for my clients as a matter of rule. I would hate to transfer the title and find out later there are unpaid maintenance fees etc. does not make for good client relationships.

No, it is not a cheap form of title insurance. To issue a title policy the correct way, public records are searched for 30-60 years back (depends on state) and a chain of title, kind of like an old abstract is done. The title agent then issues a title commitment to insure the property and when the deed is recorded, a update is done and the policy is issued.

The advantage to title insurance is if a defect or an unknown owner should show up at some point, you have an insurance policy to either fix it or payout to the limit of the policy to make you whole.

Shop for title insurance as I have seen some that charge 250 plus for a policy. We charge $150 for ours in Florida, again each state is different in the costs of a search and the policy itself.

As others have said for a couple of grand, I do not know if I would buy one, 10-20-30k I would not hesitate. It is all up to you and the piece of mind it offers you.

Hope this helps you .

Dave

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
JRA services has closed 3 sales for me and I received excellent service on all sales ( both as the buyer and seller). Janet is great both in communication and she quickly completed the closings. They are also the least expensive closing company I have found. Feel safe to use them.

I am on closing number 4 and all I have is praise for the wonderful level of communication this company gives - they ACTUALLY answer their emails and phones - pretty refreshing!!!
Janet is a pleasure to deal with ....

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!

Thanks for the information.. now I'm a little less reluctant to bid on an ebay unit an duse JRA services for closing!