• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Pointe pools

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a trade into Ocean Point for next summer. Was wondering if Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa is next to Ocean Pointe and if so, do we have access to their pools. Looks like the Marriott hotel/resort has a very nice pool with a waterslide? Ocean Pointe has no waterslide, right? Maybe these resorts are not even close, but I was wondering.

I know that some Marriott hotels/timeshares share pools, like Lakeshore Reserve and Desert Springs. Was currious if this applies to all Marriotts where there is a hotel and timeshare on the same grounds.

I just came back from Myrtle Beach. I was not lucky enough to stay at OceanWatch, but I did tour the grounds. Do OceanWatch guest get to use the pool at the Marriott hotel? The Marriott hotel has a nice waterslide, but only the kiddie pool at OceanWatch has a slide and I think that slide is just for little kids? Might be completely wrong about that, so thought I would post the question, here. Thanks.

Davidr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort is not next to Ocean Pointe. It a fairly long walk. OP guest do not have access the the hotels pools. I vaguely recall that OP guest may have room charge privileges at the hotel restaurant and spa. OP is great, we go every summer. Just keep a eye on the weather every couple of days since it is hurricane season. We had to evacuate a few years ago and some of the guests had no idea that anything was happening. They put up notices in the elevators telling everyone they had to leave the next day.

In MB, Ocean Watch guests do not have access to the hotel's pool either. Before the OW indoor pool was built, OW guests could use the hotel indoor pool. The OW slide is not in the kidde pool. It has its own little pool. Its small but it is for bigger kids.

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
The hotel is close to Oceana Palms, but to my knowledge they do not share facilities.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the great information. As always, excactly the info I wanted. I was trying to fine Ocean Pointe on the marriott website and the hotel came-up, instead. First thing I noticed was the slide and I wonderded if it was next to Ocean Pointe, like the hotel that is next to OceanWatch. Now I know they are not that close and no shared pools.

In touring OceanWatch last week, I was wondering about the pools and now I know you can not pool hop. I owned DVC points a couple years ago and very limited pool hoping was one of the benefits, although I never took advantage. I was curious about how Marriott worked, as a relatively new (about 10 months) owner.

Ocean Pointe will be my second marriott exchange. It was going to be my first marriott exchange until a few weeks ago when I was luck enough to get a SurfWatch week for this coming Easter. Very excited about both trades.

I just got back from my first RCI trade (I own a few WM points) at a Wynhdham in Myrtle Beach (Ocean Boulevard). Overall, I was impressed with the resort because it had a great location, beach access and the rooms were very nice but it was far from Disney quality in terms of resort theming and the pools were less than spectacular. All of the pools were built over parking garages and were small and two of the pool areas sit between 14 story towers so they get very little (like an hour or two) of sun. As much as I liked the room, I couldn't help but think about how much nicer a Marriott would be. One day last week, I toured OceanWatch and I was just in awe. The Wyndham, probably was closer to the beach but the Marriott was so much nicer looking and the balconies looked three times as large as the Wyndham and the Marriott just looked so much more elegant. Boy, would I like to get a summer OceanWatch trade one of these days. I'm thinking the only way to get in there these days for the summer is to own there, though.

OceanPoint, looks even nicer than OceanWatch, but the pools might not be as nice?

Thanks for the info.

-Jim

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The two are about a mile apart.

If you're really interested in Ocean Pointe's pools, here are a few pictures for you.

If you're wondering, there are no, or very few people around/in the pools because I was taking the shots early in the morning. I try to avoid walking around pools taking pictures when everyone is out. Somehow I have it stuck in my mind it might make people a tad uncomfortable.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doug. Your pictures are beautiful. You should send those to Marriott. Thank you very much, can't wait to show these to my family. I am even more excited, now. Too bad I have to wait about a year before I see OceanPointe in person.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Doug. Your pictures are beautiful. You should send those to Marriott. Thank you very much, can't wait to show these to my family. I am even more excited, now. Too bad I have to wait about a year before I see OceanPointe in person.

They are on My-vacationclub.com under the owners photo section, along with photo's of a few other Marriott resorts. If you want a direct link, the link in my signature below for our Smugmug account will take you to them. It's the second link after the link to our Webshots account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Doug - is the last picture the pool at the Kingfish building?

I am not Doug, but yes, that last photo is of the pool at Kingfish. It is the only pool at Ocean Pointe that has a zero entry area.

The pools at Ocean Pointe are great. I especially like the one adults only hot tub (that doesn't sound good:eek: , sounds like an episode of Real World, but it is peacful without having kids coming in the tub). I don't think the OP will miss the pool slide at all. There are plenty of things for kids to do. Since we bought our MGV week back in 2007, we have visited Ocean Pointe for the past three years and have a week scheduled there this October and plan to go again next October. We usually travel in the silver or gold seasons using our Grande Vista or Harbour Lake week as a trade.

Last edited:

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I own there, and we have never stayed at Kingfish or walked down there to look at the pool! My daughter would love that, so we will have to check it out next time.

I learn SO much on TUG! Thanks everyone!!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Doug - is the last picture the pool at the Kingfish building?

Yes.

Pictures 1 & 2 are the main Sailfish pool (different angles), #3 is the "lap pool" just north of of the main sailfish pool, #4 is the Cobia pool and #5 is the Kingfish pool. Kingfish is the only zero entry pool of the bunch. Cobia has a chair lift to raise/lower the disabled in/out of the pool. The last two times were have been at Ocean Pointe, morning water arobics have been in the Cobia pool. For the most part, the main Sailfish pool seems to be the favorite for kids/families when we're at Ocean Pointe. The Cobia Pool has an adults only swim time in the morning.

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
JDUNN1 - question

Hey there Jim.
How did you get a 2BR trade into this resort? Was it an online search? I have been watching but only see efficiencies and 1BR. I'll keep watching.
Thanks.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Here is another picture from our 2007 stay of the two pools between Sailfish and Dolphin.

And from our 2006 visit

Last edited: