• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hotel suggestions in Delhi please

jellson

Reaction score
Will be in Delhi sometime in September on a biz trip. Would appreciate info about hotels from my trusted TUGger friends.

And while we're at it, any interesting sights to see in Delhi?

MANY MANY thanks,
Jennifer

chouchou

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to India to work in a poor village 5 hours drive north of delhi with some children and villagers just recently. The plan is hopefully to bring students to work and have a cultural exchange in future months. I did not stay in delhi but did gather information for possible one night stay with students prior to leaving for our 5 hour bus trip north. This is some information that was given to me; Hotel Diplomat ( 23010204 fax 23018605 or diplomat@nda.vsnl.net.in 9 Sardar Patel Marg, Chanakyapuri. was a high end choice to stay with nice rooms (small number of rooms there) $110 to $120 a night for single/double . Also gave me Ashok Hotel they said seems bland on outside but has a pool, travel counter, interesting shopping and 8 restaurants that are great right near and rooms are 7,000 Rs a night (when I was there 3 or 4 weeks ago it was 43 r to a dollar). We needed a place with decent restaurants close by after a 19 hour flight and only one night stay. Also the Tai Mahal Hotel mahal.delhi@tajhotels.com has higher priced rooms $250 but near khan market which is suppose to be great but is a 5 star high end hotel. On Janpath , Hotel Imperial luxury@theimperialindia.com was also mentioned but too expensive for us like the one mentioned before at $260 a night. The highest mentioned to us was Maurya Sheraton Hotel and Towers itcmauryasheraton@welcomegroup.com which is even more at $275 a night which is a 5 star with swimming pool and some reowned tarot-card reader Ma Prem Usha who you must make an appointment with for a 30 minute reading. It also has what they described as super restaurants which were not what I needed. I did not stay at these places just recommended to me. I waited to see if someone with direct experience would answer but when you got no replies at least I can offer this. I am not sure maybe 5 star restaurants and hotels might be different but like Mexico please be careful about the water - do use bottled water (check to make sure it is sealed not refilled) for brushing teeth and everything. I was very very careful while there and did that only took hot tea from villages, restaurants etc. but made the mistake of brushing my teeth on the plane trip home with the water in the bathroom and became very very ill when I arrived home. Just a caution as I needed to get quite a bit of medication and tests when I came back as it traveled from my intestines to my urinary track. I do not want to alarm you just be careful I was fine until I did that.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'll be going there in Dec. for a business trip also. Please let me know what hotel you end up staying at. When in doubt, I usually go with US hotel chains (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, etc.) in these parts of the world. It's safer to assume that the quality will consistent.

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having been to Delhi multiple times, I would recommend Hyatt if you prefer to be away from the crowd. Taj Hotel & Le Meridian are better options if you prefer to be in downtown.

jellson

Reaction score
hi chouchou!

many many thanks for your input -- it gave me something to start with...

also, thanks for reminding me abt the plane water! it's such a bad habit of mine... i often forget that plane water is not the best quality and brush my teeth an hour before landing just to be fresh before meeting my friends/relatives/colleagues at the airport! thank heavens i haven't gotten sick yet, so i better be careful next time!

many thanks again.
jenn

chouchou said:
I went to India to work in a poor village 5 hours drive north of delhi with some children and villagers just recently. The plan is hopefully to bring students to work and have a cultural exchange in future months. I did not stay in delhi but did gather information for possible one night stay with students prior to leaving for our 5 hour bus trip north. This is some information that was given to me; Hotel Diplomat ( 23010204 fax 23018605 or diplomat@nda.vsnl.net.in 9 Sardar Patel Marg, Chanakyapuri. was a high end choice to stay with nice rooms (small number of rooms there) $110 to $120 a night for single/double . Also gave me Ashok Hotel they said seems bland on outside but has a pool, travel counter, interesting shopping and 8 restaurants that are great right near and rooms are 7,000 Rs a night (when I was there 3 or 4 weeks ago it was 43 r to a dollar). We needed a place with decent restaurants close by after a 19 hour flight and only one night stay. Also the Tai Mahal Hotel mahal.delhi@tajhotels.com has higher priced rooms $250 but near khan market which is suppose to be great but is a 5 star high end hotel. On Janpath , Hotel Imperial luxury@theimperialindia.com was also mentioned but too expensive for us like the one mentioned before at $260 a night. The highest mentioned to us was Maurya Sheraton Hotel and Towers itcmauryasheraton@welcomegroup.com which is even more at $275 a night which is a 5 star with swimming pool and some reowned tarot-card reader Ma Prem Usha who you must make an appointment with for a 30 minute reading. It also has what they described as super restaurants which were not what I needed. I did not stay at these places just recommended to me. I waited to see if someone with direct experience would answer but when you got no replies at least I can offer this. I am not sure maybe 5 star restaurants and hotels might be different but like Mexico please be careful about the water - do use bottled water (check to make sure it is sealed not refilled) for brushing teeth and everything. I was very very careful while there and did that only took hot tea from villages, restaurants etc. but made the mistake of brushing my teeth on the plane trip home with the water in the bathroom and became very very ill when I arrived home. Just a caution as I needed to get quite a bit of medication and tests when I came back as it traveled from my intestines to my urinary track. I do not want to alarm you just be careful I was fine until I did that.

jellson

Reaction score
thanks also Lisa and Bourne.

Lisa, sure I will update you abt my trip....