• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head, SC- Missing Couple Case (Merged Threads)

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
Something is really wrong with this story. These people were not vacationers and only lived in HHI part of the year. I didn't read all of the info in the link but had already heard about the story. She was an attorney in Savannah and they lived in Atlanta the other part of the year, if I remember correctly. I think we will find out this was all about money. It was not random.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I see the person of interest (who committed suicide) was with the Club Group...they manage the Spicebush and Swallowtail timeshares. I would also guess that this is about money...

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Dennis Gerwing's death by suicice (by cutting his inner thigh deeply) is still being looked into. It's all over our tv news since the couple is from Atlanta. (HHI makes for mighty pretty video this time of year.)

geekette

Reaction score
Dennis Gerwing's death by suicice (by cutting his inner thigh deeply) is still being looked into. It's all over our tv news since the couple is from Atlanta. (HHI makes for mighty pretty video this time of year.)

Sorry to add to the gruesomeness, but this is so not the way I would commit suicide. It would be interesting to find out if the coroner's report indicates angle of blade was possible by the person.

laxmom

Reaction score
I'm going to add to the gruesomeness too. Guys do that kind of thing, women go for pills and carbon monoxide. It does seem like it would be a slow, painful way to die. It will be interesting to see if they deem it self inflicted.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I see the person of interest (who committed suicide) was with the Club Group...they manage the Spicebush and Swallowtail timeshares. I would also guess that this is about money...

On one show, I heard he died in the complex of Swallowtail.

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
On one show, I heard he died in the complex of Swallowtail.

LisaH is correct. On Wednesday, the State paper in Columbia had an article which stated he was found dead in a unit at Swallowtail.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just read an article on line (HH Island Packet) that said he also had multiple stab wounds to the
chest. Does that sound like a suicide? Stranger and stranger....

Jan&Ern

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just checked in today at Coral Sands and yes, this is definitely the topic of conversation on the island. Had lunch at Jump & Phil's and the locals are saying this is all about money. It is so unsettling to hear of such a tragic and violent act being committed here in this lush tropical paradise. How sad.

laxmom

Reaction score
Big article in last weeks People Magazine - nothing new reported their either.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
While reading one of the supplemental incident reports by one of the Fire Department Paramedics on the Dennis Gerwing Suicide, a term was used that I was not familiar with - halligan.

A halligan was used to open the locked bathroom door in the Swallowtail villa.

Richard

Last edited: