• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for recent MROP reservation/exchange experience?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I have the opportunity to buy two MROP red float weeks. I've been reading like crazy, trying to make sense of it all, but much of the info is out-dated. I'm trying to figure out if 1 week would fit my needs or if we should buy both. Can any current owners speak to their current experiences and rules?

Specifically, I'm wondering...
Is there an "exchange fee" just to reserve my week in the MROP system (not in TP/VRI*ety system)?
How easy/hard is it to reserve prime summer weeks in San Diego and Hawaii (Oahu) 18 months out?
Can bonus weeks technically be reserved at 12 months out in the high demand resorts in the same year (or following year) as another reservation at that same resort and how is the availability for bonus weeks? Basically I'm wondering if I could get two consecutive weeks between my original week and a bonus week at the same resort during the summer.
Can bonus weeks be rented or deposited with external trading companies?
Can VRI*ety exchanges be rented?

Thanks! :hi:

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back when MROP was MROP I loved them. They were easy to deal with and I was always able to get the Weeks I wanted during their Annual Scheduling Period. When they came under the control of (I think it was VRI) I immediately sold not knowing what was in their future. I'm curious how it all worked out.

George

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To get a week at Capri by the Sea is almost impossible. I have been able to get weeks at See the Sea in San Diego, but units are not that nice. It took me 3 months of trying as I wanted summer and finally got a fall week.

Jackson Hole is easy for both winter and summer. There were spring weeks available for me this year at Winners Circle in Solana Beach and Aquamarine Villas in Oceanside. This year I did forget about booking and waited way past the 18-month time span. I wound up with a ski week in Park City.

There have been units in Ohau available when I asked, but again not for times of the year I would want to go.

It is easy to trade any week for anything in the VRI system. There is not charge for a guest fee if you book it when you do the exchange. I usually exchange for ski weeks in Park City or Tahoe. VRI has plenty of availability in Hawaii if you book early enough. Especially Maui and Kona.

I have not had bonus time since VRI took over. When it was MROP OBnus time was great. We spent many weekends in San Deigo and skiing in Park City. Bonus time is 21 days in advance and 45 days for Mexico and Hawaii.

If I could at this time I would give my week away. I tend to use it as a week I need to go somewhere because I have the timeshare week. This year we only had a couple days to go away so booked a week in Lagonita Lodge near our house and went for 4 days. I had forgotten you can do a split week.

If you have any questions let me know.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Were you looking at 6 am sharp 18 months out for those socal summer weeks?

Bonus weeks can be booked 12 months out for $550 a week.

We're in AZ, and though we homeschool and can leave anytime, we mostly want to go to SoCal mid July through August when it's crazy hot here. We also plan to go to Oahu every other year for a couple weeks.

Hmmmm....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The SoCal summer weeks I got on the phone at exactly the opening time and was not able to get a July or August week. I tried this for 2 years. There are only 4 units at See the Sea and either 2 or 4 at Capri by the Sea.