• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's in the $500k range and is grossed in with reservation fees on the club income statement, as Ron Parise points out.

I think your number is way low. That is only 5,000 guest certificate fees. I am guessing it is in the millions of dollars. I know of mega renters (not myself) that do close to 5,000 rentals a year by themselves.

Jason

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your number is way low. That is only 5,000 guest certificate fees. I am guessing it is in the millions of dollars. I know of mega renters (not myself) that do close to 5,000 rentals a year by themselves.

Jason

I was thinking the same thing. Less than 5,000 with the $129 fee they are charging those of us without full use of our accounts for two months now. I have to figure WinPoint VIP alone does that in one year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
This Thread -60,000 views - Oct 21 2016

60, 000 views - Aug.24- Oct . 21 2016

could be a TUG record .

Last edited:

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden

Jason

You can question my assumption, and if so, use your numbers instead.

It has been suggested that the largest mega-renter manages up to 240,000,000 points for Platinum owners.
The average Platinum owner provides 4,000,000 points to the mega-renter to manage.
This leaves 240,000,000 points / 4,000,000 points per owner = 60 Platinum owners having their points managed.
On average these 60 Platinum owners get 30 free guest certificates.
This leaves 60 * 30 = 1,800 free guest certificates available for the mega-renter’s use.

Now,
The average Platinum reservation uses 50,000 points.
That results in 240,000,000 / 50,000 = 4,800 reservations done by the mega-renter.
Most mega-renter guest certificates are done online at $99, I’ll use $100.
(4,800 – 1,800) * $100 = $300,000 in paid guest certificates by the mega-renter.

This biggest mega-renter does about 10% of all paid guest certificates.
$300,000 * 10 = $3,000,000 in paid guest certificates.

Even if it is two to five times my approximations, this is still just a revenue drop in the bucket for Wyndham.

Jim

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The inflated price they are charging for guest certificates could pop the stock price. Just that alone has cost me over a thousand dollars. While not being able to add a guest name to split reservations has cost me much more than that.

It has been my experience that if I can reserve all parts of a split reservation on the same day, and put the guest on one of the parts, I can get a VC to add the guest on the other parts at no additional cost. If the VC won't do it, hang up and call again. The best VCs are in Springfield.

Jim

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been my experience that if I can reserve all parts of a split reservation on the same day, and put the guest on one of the parts, I can get a VC to add the guest on the other parts at no additional cost. If the VC won't do it, hang up and call again. The best VCs are in Springfield.

Jim

Have you done this recently Jim? Wyndham has been limiting the flexibility the agents have to do this.

In any event, the "specially trained" agents helping the "audit-enhanced" owners say they are not allowed to do this, so unfortunately this doesn't help am1.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you done this recently Jim? Wyndham has been limiting the flexibility the agents have to do this.

In any event, the "specially trained" agents helping the "audit-enhanced" owners say they are not allowed to do this, so unfortunately this doesn't help am1.

There certainly is a lack of consistency with the VCs, so we just have to keep pleading our case that the Wyndham system just wouldn't let us get all of the parts of a split at one time. Usually, when they see that all parts were reserved "today", they will put the guest name on all parts. If they say no, call again.

I am not sure what you mean by "specially trained" and "audit-enhanced". Just keep trying until you get that nice Midwestern voice from Springfield.

Jim

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
There certainly is a lack of consistency with the VCs, so we just have to keep pleading our case that the Wyndham system just wouldn't let us get all of the parts of a split at one time. Usually, when they see that all parts were reserved "today", they will put the guest name on all parts. If they say no, call again.

I am not sure what you mean by "specially trained" and "audit-enhanced". Just keep trying until you get that nice Midwestern voice from Springfield.

Jim

I am meaning that since am1's accounts are suspended he has to call the special line and they won't do that for him.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of use with frozen accounts: Wouldn't it be the right thing for Wyndham to provide daily updates to us ? When's the last update anyone received? Or the last message you left that was given the courtesy of a return call?

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point a weekly update would be a huge goodwill gesture.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of use with frozen accounts: Wouldn't it be the right thing for Wyndham to provide daily updates to us ? When's the last update anyone received? Or the last message you left that was given the courtesy of a return call?

Month? Or longer?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told nine weeks ago when this started that it would be done in two weeks or less. Has anyone else contacted the state of Florida? Licensing division. Timeshare subdivision.

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Florida Dept of Business & Professional Regulations

I just called the FDPR and this is what I was told that we have to do in order to officially file a complaint and get an investigation started. I hope that any Wyndham owner that has a problem regarding frozen accounts does this.

go to www.myfloridalicense.com
click on "File a Complaint" on left column
click on "Click here to file a complaint"
click on "Timeshares"
click on "Timeshare-english version"

This brings the form that has to be printed, completed, and mailed to
DBPR – DFCTMH
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1030

The woman said it could be faxed in but there isn't a fax # on the form and form states that it is to be mailed.

I plan on doing this today. I am currently at Bonnet Creek for the week and my points were not allowed to be pooled on 9/30 so I have almost 3 million points sitting there waiting on Wyndham to finish their points audit. My points audit was initiated when I called in to pool my points. I was told it would be 7 days or less and it has been 25 days.

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regular Owners-Pooling

Im curious have any non-elite (non-gold,silver, platinum) been affected? I'm wondering whats going to happen Jan 1 when more folks start calling in to pool points.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are back to having to call the 1-877 number. In the past it has gone to voicemail with no one responding back.

Guest names can be added to reservations checking in up to October 30th. But overlapping reservations in the same owner name are subject to cancellation within 15 days to check in.

Thankfully I know what I am doing so have been able to manage this but it is not easy. I am not sure if others would be able to do the same.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you keep them from cancelling rooms on you if you can't place guest names on the reservations less than 15 days away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point a weekly update would be a huge goodwill gesture.

I just made my THIRD monthly payment for maintenance fees for a "frozen account." Could this lengthy suspension be a method to get some owners to stop paying MFs and allow Wyndham to close their accounts? I just struck me as I was contemplating not paying for a non-functioning account. . . .

happyhopian

Reaction score
I just called the FDPR and this is what I was told that we have to do in order to officially file a complaint and get an investigation started. I hope that any Wyndham owner that has a problem regarding frozen accounts does this.

go to www.myfloridalicense.com
click on "File a Complaint" on left column
click on "Click here to file a complaint"
click on "Timeshares"
click on "Timeshare-english version"

This brings the form that has to be printed, completed, and mailed to
DBPR – DFCTMH
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1030

The woman said it could be faxed in but there isn't a fax # on the form and form states that it is to be mailed.

I plan on doing this today. I am currently at Bonnet Creek for the week and my points were not allowed to be pooled on 9/30 so I have almost 3 million points sitting there waiting on Wyndham to finish their points audit. My points audit was initiated when I called in to pool my points. I was told it would be 7 days or less and it has been 25 days.

If you are in Orlando why don't you drive over to their offices and ask to meet with someone to resolve this.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I am meaning that since am1's accounts are suspended he has to call the special line and they won't do that for him.

I am not a suspended account but I have been told by owner care and VC;s on EVERY request (no exceptions) that a split reservation, same room size, continous stay is one certificate. IF room size changes or break in stay more than one required. IF this is not policy please share with me so I know for the future. Thank you and good luck in your fight.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It used to be that way for me. But ever since the frozen account saga the phone reps have refused to combine on one guest confirmation. Meaning $258 to place a four night stay in a guest name that was split reservation of the same exact room type. #greed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a suspended account but I have been told by owner care and VC;s on EVERY request (no exceptions) that a split reservation, same room size, continous stay is one certificate. IF room size changes or break in stay more than one required. IF this is not policy please share with me so I know for the future. Thank you and good luck in your fight.

That's not been my experience. A split reservation requires two guest fees unless the guests name is added at the same time the reservation is made.

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
That's not been my experience. A split reservation requires two guest fees unless the guests name is added at the same time the reservation is made.

That's been my experience as well.

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
I'm not going to deal with Wyndham while I'm on vacation. I did send an email to Owner Care that I planned on filing a complaint if this was not resolved this week. I received an email back that it would be completed this week. My points now show that my pooled points are much higher than they were yesterday and the total points were shifted. It looks like maybe my account may be nearing end of audit.

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to deal with Wyndham while I'm on vacation. I did send an email to Owner Care that I planned on filing a complaint if this was not resolved this week. I received an email back that it would be completed this week. My points now show that my pooled points are much higher than they were yesterday and the total points were shifted. It looks like maybe my account may be nearing end of audit.

Congratulations and I pray it is so. Please keep us informed how things go. My account was unlocked with "conditions" but I have really felt bad for those who were still frozen. I sure hope they don't re-freeze those of us who were put on their back burner while they had bigger fish to fry.

D.B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.