• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scam or No Scam? Vacation Timeshare Sales and Rentals Inc.

Frogman75

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a scam, seems like a scam, feels like a scam, so..... This outfit seems to have lots of employees who want a credit card payment of 1,999 as a nonrefundable legal fee for their having already sold unit for 10 times its worth to a fortune 500 co. so fortune 500 co can get tax break and Vacation Timeshare Sales and Rentals can finance its purchase and make money on the interest rate spread..or some such arrangement...Sends a bare bones contract that says purchase price is "Firm" and is not singned by buyer, so would seem to be a listing agreement and not a full-fledged enforceable contract between an actual buyer and seller for the stated and inflated purchase price.....Anyone out there have any thoughts, experiences, etc. with this high pressure sales/scam group??? Thanks

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Total scam. Any outfit who claims to have a buyer and asks YOU for an upfront fee is a scam. No exceptions.

thomasps

Reaction score
Vacation Timeshare Sales Stone Mountain GA

I just received a phone call from Vacation Timeshare Sales located in Stone Mountain GA.

They say they have an offer to buy my timeshare, does anyone have good or bad experience with this company?

their web site is www.vacationtimesharesales.com

Thanks

Update 10/8/11 8pm eastern

Got a copy of the contract, it only says they will market the timeshare... they make not commitment in writing that the deal was legit and they don't back up their verbal promises in the contract. I rejected the contract.

This does seem totally like a scam to get me to pay for marketing, they don't back up their verbal discussion with the contract. I suggest no one do this...

btw: their address in Georgia was bogus, they claim they have been in business for 7 years, yet the address was occupied by a realtor A-Team REO Realty at the exact same address. here is the web site of the realtor... http://www.georgiamls.com/agentsite/ourteam.cfm?SiteID=CTEM01

I also found that none of the caller-id phone numbers they use are real...when you try to call them back on the call id phone numbers, they don't work.

So if you ever come across Vacation Timeshare Sales at 925 Main Street Suite 300-05 Stone Mountain GA ---- stay away.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Scam. See message #2. Sorry. If you are unsure, string 'em along and see how long it takes for them to ask you for money.

Be logical. No one in this market is going to offer more for ANY timeshare than a minimum amount. To see what your TS brings on the open market, log on to eBay. Enter your TS info in the search window. When it comes up look down the left side for 'completed auctions' -click it. This will show you actual sales, not just offers. Most sell for $1 and often don't get bids at that level.

Jim Ricks

Last edited: