• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham points vs. Worldmark points

janderson3348

Reaction score
All,

My in laws have Worldmark and get a lot of use out of it. I think they are in the 30,000 ish point range. Might be a little more.

How would that compare to Wyndham points? I just bought 154,000 points, and I am certain mine are way less in substance then their Worldmark points.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jeff

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

My in laws have Worldmark and get a lot of use out of it. I think they are in the 30,000 ish point range. Might be a little more.

How would that compare to Wyndham points? I just bought 154,000 points, and I am certain mine are way less in substance then their Worldmark points.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jeff

A direct comparison is difficult.

154,000 points can reserve a 2 bedroom in High season at an older resort ("older" meaning one that has been in the system for more than 10 years, or so) in Club Wyndham.

10,000 credits can reserve a 2 bedroom in Red season at an older resort in WorldMark.

30,000 WM credits would be roughly equivalent to 462,000 Wyndham points.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say roughly 3 weeks vs 1 week
Again roughly $1800 mf vs $900

So 3 times the time for twice the mf

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Thank you.

Regards,

Jeff
Jeff, I humbly recommend that you stop looking at the downsides to your new ownership and instead focus more on getting as much out of what you now have. You will be happier in both the short and long runs. :)

As CO Skier mentions, a direct comparison is not quite possible (or it is in very limited circumstances). The biggest reason for this is the disparity in resort locations. If you like to vacation in a place that Wyndham is in but WM is not, then Wyndham is much more valuable than WM, and vice versa.

Direct point cost comparisons can likely only be made at shared locations such as Steamboat Springs or Reunion, and even it depends on unit type. At Steamboat, a 1 BR Deluxe costs 189k Wyndham points and 11k WM credits, whereas a 2BR Deluxe costs 231k Wyn and 14k WM.

I was first a Wyndham owner, but I tend to move a lot. I am now on the West Coast, where Wyndham has a lesser presence, so I ended up buying into WM to augment my original holdings.

Having been to resorts in both systems, there are some Wyndhams that are much nicer than what you would find in WM, but you do pay more in MF for that difference.

All that said, the primary direct comparison you can make is what your purchase price would have gotten you in each system. Since you bought retail, I will use retail prices in both systems. For 154k Wyn, you probably paid in the range of $22-30k. At retail cost, that would get you 8-12k in WM credits (this is a WAG on my part). In prime season, perhaps you get 5-7 days in a 2 BR in Wyndham, and 5-12 days in WM. So on this regard, WM "buys" you more, but the differences are not as big as you might think.

Turn this into a "I could have bought resale" discussion, then Wyndham usually comes out ahead in the acquisition cost discussion.

There are other plenty of other discussions that can center on maintenance fees, exchanging, and other system nuances, but I think I've fed your buyer's remorse enough with this post. ;)

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say roughly 3 weeks vs 1 week
Again roughly $1800 mf vs $900

So 3 times the time for twice the mf
And retail purchase price of close to $65-90k (WM) vs. $22-30k (Wyn)... (3:1 ratio)

Or resale purchase price of $10-14k (WM) vs. $1-1200 (Wyn)... (8:1 up to 14,000:1 ratio)

Last edited:

janderson3348

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was just trying to compare my in laws volume versus mine, and understand what I would need for enough vacation time each year. I was told when I purchased the 154k points would come out to 2 weeks, and when I saw the different point options for various locations, it didn't add up. Their counter is there is a program called TPI (Trading Points International) where you get extra points.

I sort of guessed that my in laws have the equivalent of 3 times what I have. They get a lot of value out of their program.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was just trying to compare my in laws volume versus mine, and understand what I would need for enough vacation time each year. I was told when I purchased the 154k points would come out to 2 weeks, and when I saw the different point options for various locations, it didn't add up. Their counter is there is a program called TPI (Trading Points International) where you get extra points.

I sort of guessed that my in laws have the equivalent of 3 times what I have. They get a lot of value out of their program.

Thanks again.

Jeff

There aren't too many here that are real knowledgeable about TPI and what you can get out of it.

Did they "bonus you up" when you purchased the 154K, such that you are a silver VIP? If so make sure you learn how to best take advantage of that status, as it will help the points go a little further and cut down on the short-stay fees.

There is a ratio of approximately 16.7:1 in terms of Wyndham points to Worldmark credits, everything else being equal. I would see their 30K Worldmark as being about equivalent to 500K in Wyndham.