• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale contracts with 2014 points are risky

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
This is just a small precaution to anyone thinking of buying a resale contract which offers 2014 points. I just finished talking with Wyndham Title Services, and the transfer time is about 7 weeks. Add to that, on average, another 4 plus weeks to do a close and filing with the appropriate county, and these 2014 points won't show in an account until December. Most buyers won't be able to do anything other than deposit them into RCI.

For those sellers that are demanding that the 2014 maintenance fee be paid by the buyer, "Forget about it." It's their darn fault that they have not used the points thus far in 2014, and then expect the buyer to cover their a$$.

My latest purchase took 130 day from purchase to points availability. I am certainly not looking at any auctions demanding the reimbursement of the 2014 maintenance fee. And, I don't think that you should either.

One additional note: Title Services states that there is no limit to the number of contracts that Club Wyndham Plus members can have in their account.

Jim

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just a small precaution to anyone thinking of buying a resale contract which offers 2014 points. I just finished talking with Wyndham Title Services, and the transfer time is about 7 weeks. Add to that, on average, another 4 plus weeks to do a close and filing with the appropriate county, and these 2014 points won't show in an account until December. Most buyers won't be able to do anything other than deposit them into RCI.

For those sellers that are demanding that the 2014 maintenance fee be paid by the buyer, "Forget about it." It's their darn fault that they have not used the points thus far in 2014, and then expect the buyer to cover their a$$.

My latest purchase took 130 day from purchase to points availability. I am certainly not looking at any auctions demanding the reimbursement of the 2014 maintenance fee. And, I don't think that you should either.

One additional note: Title Services states that there is no limit to the number of contracts that Club Wyndham Plus members can have in their account.

Jim

So they confirmed that there is no longer a system limitation of 40 contracts? That is news. I wonder when that change went in.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So they confirmed that there is no longer a system limitation of 40 contracts? That is news. I wonder when that change went in.

It used to be 15 contracts under a member number -- they upgraded the computer file from the old "16 bit" limitation.... (the number 0-15 in hex code) :hysterical:.... to a bigger box.

I would bet there is a limit -- might be around 256 contracts - but we are talking the technical level of the both call center and the sales department combined smarts ... it is UNLIMITED as far as they can count.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its still 40 I think

Just last month they tried to stick a new purchase into an account that already has 40 contracts. The points showed up in the points summary,but the contract did not show in the ownership summary, on the financial page.. The Transfer dept supervisor confirmed that 40 is the limit, and had everything moved to another account

Yesterday it happened again. got the points, but no listing of the contract details.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think point OP was making is 2014 points have limited value and purchaser should ask 2015 MF be paid or other consideration.

Will have to pay cash for RT and $209 RCI fee to use.

Last edited:

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village

Jim

Good advise, I'm still waiting on one that closed in April - any day now.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim
Excellent and timely reminder, Jim!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim

Its still 40 I think

Just last month they tried to stick a new purchase into an account that already has 40 contracts. The points showed up in the points summary,but the contract did not show in the ownership summary, on the financial page.. The Transfer dept supervisor confirmed that 40 is the limit, and had everything moved to another account

Yesterday it happened again. got the points, but no listing of the contract details.

So - does anyone have an account with more than 40? Would it be a choice to not move it out if you're okay not seeing the details on it?

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Its still 40 I think

The reason that I made my initial inquiry with Title Services was that I was seeing a contract in my online Financial Services - Assessment page but not in the Ownership Summary page. It was for Angel Fire - Sun Lodge.

I was told that this type of contract will not show in my Ownership Summary page, although it will show in the Financial Services page, because it is an affiliate resort. All other contracts that I have are for Wyndham UDIs or Wyndham converted weeks, and they will show in both sections.

That is when I asked about the number of contract allowed in one contract. The agent said that there was no limit. Now, there may be a limit inherent in the computer system, but not one that Wyndham has imposed administratively. Or, ask two agents and get three answers.

I was just reporting what was stated to me. Experience will always give us the better answer.

Jim

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So - does anyone have an account with more than 40? Would it be a choice to not move it out if you're okay not seeing the details on it?

Eric,Im sitting on one thats at 41

Since its not listed in the financial section,I wonder if I would be billed for the mf...and if I didnt pay, I wonder what would happen...ie how long would it take Wyndham to discover it...and I wonder if the 2017 points would show up in January.....Too many questions for me, I asked them to fix it