• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is it worth? [Merged]

EdC

Reaction score
It's a single unit with bed and bath, no connecting door. The maintenance fee is $375/yr, paid for this year. Anything else that would be helpful?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It's a single unit with bed and bath, no connecting door. The maintenance fee is $375/yr, paid for this year. Anything else that would be helpful?

That fee is too low for an every year ownership.

That sounds like 1/2 MFs. Could this be an Every Other year ownership.

I own a North Building Studio and my MF is $672 PLUS program fees.

EdC

Reaction score
I believe it was originally supposed to have been a two bedroom every other year, but at some point, probably when Wyndham took over, we ended up with a one bedroom every year. The maintenance fees never changed though.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I believe it was originally supposed to have been a two bedroom every other year, but at some point, probably when Wyndham took over, we ended up with a one bedroom every year. The maintenance fees never changed though.

I owned here pre-Wyndham. There is no way that Wyndham's takeover would ever cause a 2 BR to suddenly become Studio unit. Your father must have been mistaken and never owned a 2BR.

I own a studio in Ocean View North and a Waterfalls Unit. Both in points in Wyndham now.

You have a Studio EOY, (From other poster - Week 5 Unit 301B). Not in points, fixed week EOY only.

I'm confused...If it is a B is it a lockoff Studio portion of a 2 BR unit? I was not aware that there was a lockoff in the Ocean View South building. Is that correct? If it is a B unit, it could be the 390 SQFT tiny units. Not the 600SQFT regular studios.

MF not changing, now that does NOT sound like Wyndham.

Puzzled.

EdC

Reaction score
I know when we signed up it was supposed to be a two bedroom every other year. It was intended for the four of us from the very beginning. There was no WAY we would have gotten a 1 bedroom, my dad snores! However, that is not what we have now. How it got changed, I have no idea, but the maintenance fees are still the same. My dad had stayed there once a few years ago, and he said there was no door to an adjacent room.

This whole thing was setup 18 years ago, I don't know when or how things where changed. My dad was managing all this.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you hog tied him and hid check book on Monday.

I don't see how it can be legally transferred to anyone until you provide a current deed and know what is owned and owed.

Maybe set up on line account with Wyndham and it will show details of ownership.

EdC

Reaction score
After I convinced him that it could be transferred for far less, he's trying to back out of this. I'm not sure how far he was into the deal with groupwise.

I don't have any of the the details needed to contact Wyndham directly. That would be on the contract and paperwork, which my dad has. If I had that, I won't need to contract Wyndham anyway.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point I think the consensus is you need to find out exactly what is owned as lots of speculation.

Have dad copy what he has and get to you.

Hopefully enough info to go on line to County Clerk and get deed.

If a contract number can open an on line account.

Can also call Wyndham 800-251-8736 option 2 and then 3 and ask to check out. Will have to fake a little so have owner's address, ID number from owner's card, phone number, etc. handy.

At this point ball is in your court. :shrug: May need limited POA to resolve.

EdC

Reaction score
I've told you everything that I know and that my dad told me. It was not "speculation". My dad has the deed, as he was about to sign it over on Monday. I can see if he'll let me look over the paperwork he has.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most PCCs and similar do not accept a deed to them. It is too expensive and time consuming to deal with.

Victim signs a POA authorizing them to sell.

That is why often e-bay deals blow up, PCC has little idea what they are actually trying to get rid of and estoppal and other documents bring to a head.