• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How can I make history interesting for teens? (sigh) Any ideas?

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to the Smithsonian

They will love the dinosaurs. Go to the Museum of the American Indian. I love these two museums and they are supper child friendly.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
In DC be sure to take the FBI tour. The kids will love it. Also, consider the Newseum which is a museum near china town that deal with "news". It is new and gets rave reviews. The entire Unabomber cabin is on display there.

You can catch an on-off trolley tour of DC at union station. You could see all the most popular sites and just hop on and off the trolley.

There hasn't been any FBI tour since 9/11 and its doubtful they will resume any time soon.

bltfam

Reaction score
We used to own at Kingsgate We have been to Williamburg When my kids were in 3rd grade they went over Williambugh in school JUst so happen that that was the summer we went so it was cool for my kids to have a picture or experience to go with what the teacher was talking about. Hands on learning Now my 8th is going over Jamestown and pulling out all the stuff on James town to take to school she gets extra credit this time! I think they liked Jamestown the best out of the historical sites The ghost tour was cool too. My daughter and i arent the history buffs in the family that would be my husband and son. So when we go on vacation we do a small amt of the history of the area then we do the theme parks etc and if my husband and son want more they go and we do something else We were just in NY city in May so after the Statue of Liberty Empire State building, central park all the have to sees the guys wanted to see the library (A certain part of the library was in a book my son was reading ) then they went to the muesum the girls had been toured out and went shopping. We try to mix it up it works for us.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think any kind of bike or car tour is passive and could easily be boring - just looking at a bunch of old buildings.

I'd skip Busch Gardens and do Jamestown (the recreation vs the original site) as my first choice if there is only a day.

Jamestown is very hands-on, with an Indian Village, ships, and fort. There is a lot to be involved in. If you have longer, go for CW, definitely some of the special tours - e.g. Ghosts, Slaves, etc.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Williamsburg Ghost Tour from Merchant Square is fun. Jamestown is OK. We went to a couple of plantations over the years, and the kids found them interesting.

We walked around Williamsburg, but new purchased admissions. My girls just weren't that interested.

Holly

The ghost tour of Wmsbrg is the only thing that didn't bore me. They'll enjoy Virginia Beach which isn't that far away.