• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

phirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, if I do find a buyer, is there someone who will help with the process? I don't know what to do.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diamond give aways

Yes it does work from what I have seen!...I am in the process of acquiring a floating Diamond Resorts week from another TUGger...I have been looking for many months....Initially I was thinking of points & the couple of advertisements on TUG that I had been interested in a while back, well they went right away due to the fact that the 'seller' was paying next year's MF also!....the seller usually pays the transfer fees but if you sweeten the deal with a cash incentive those ads usually go right away....maybe see how it goes first of all before you do that but that is what I have noticed on TUG resales...Good luck:) Oh, also if you are not a member of the Facebook Diamond Member group you should check it out...you can also list your TS there.....TUG seems to be the main one for this though:)

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a free eoy week from a fellow tugger. His parents couldn't use it and I was happy to get it.

Sue

hk4481

TUG Member
Reaction score
We gave a timeshare away (that we could no longer use) in the bargain basement .. the timeshare was April use and we paid the maintenance fees that January; also used L.T. Transfers for the closing - they were wonderful and easy to work with.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sold one cheap and gave one away. In both cases acquirer and I handled transfer, filing, etc. at very minimal cost.

George

w879jr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
MROP Red Week

From a TUG bargain basement entry in June, I successfully donated my MROP (Multi-resort ownership Plan) Red week to a new owner. I paid the processing fee required by VRI who manage the MROP system. The simplicity of the transfer meant that it was initiated on August 11th 2014 and done within one month. Thanks to a friendly co-operative relationship with the prospective new owner, the required paperwork was completed by each of us with notarisation (one in the UK and the other in the USA) and submitted to VRI in a timely fashion.

I commend TUG, VRI and the UK and US mail systems for assistance in achieving this result.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gave away an SDO week

I gave away an SDO 1 bedroom last month, thanks for the Bargain Deals forum.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was successful in disposing of three timeshares. All three were advertised here. One was given away to a fellow TUGger. Another was through a Craigslist ad. A third was accepted back by the resort.

It took about six or seven months to accomplish all three and I paid for all transfer fees in all three cases.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I accepted a "give away" on TUG, so I offered one of mine to another Tugger

Mine was a Holiday Inn Club Vacations in Panama City Beach. I figured if I took on another timeshare, that I would give away one that I really wasn't using (nice resort, beautiful beach, great time of year). Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Orange Lake Resorts) have a ROFR. Since I was gifting it, they exercised their ROFR. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to give it to the Tugger. I still had the option of keeping it. I wanted the Tugger to have it as opposed to the resort. That wasn't going to happen, so I signed off on their documents giving them back the timeshare and avoided this year's maintenance fee.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
SDO - gave away

I gave away my SDO unit earlier this year using the Bargain Deals forum/marketplace classifieds. I had a ton of interest from both areas so I had back up offers in place.

I also gave away my Jr. Suite at PBSB but my buyer ultimately came from a facebook group for PBSB owners. Surprisingly I also had multiple offers on that unit even though the buyer was responsible for the $500 transfer fee and I had listed it the day before Hurricane Odile hit Cabo. It just goes to show that anything will sell if listed for the right price.

My takeaway is to use all resources available to you and when you advertise it, *sell* it. Don't forget to tell people what the positives are about your property - either a great location, day use amenities, or even that it is a great trader.

RLoz

Reaction score
I posted my Desert Oasis on TUG in the middle of December, within 2 days I had two interested parties. We began proceedings with ReadyLegal and it looks like it will be a done deal in the next week or so. Win/Win. I had been contacted by a company to take it off my hands for *only* $3,500.00, I also looked into the option to donate it, that was *only* going to cost me $1,800.00.....Thankfully I came here to TUG and took a shot in the Bargain page...AMAZING
I hope the new owners' will enjoy the resort or trades. I enjoyed my years as an owner but life got in the way too often...
Thanks TUG for giving people a VALID, nearly cost free (only processing fees with readylegal, under $200.00) way to do something with their timeshares. I would have never believed it was that easy!!!:cheer:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
We hope you spread the word about TUG to all your friends who own timeshares!

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I accepted a Free TS

I accepted an offer for a free week on February 22, 2015. Can hardly wait to receive the deed and resort transfer documents. TUGGERS are awesome, kind and generous people.

Suzanne:whoopie:

valandpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
My timeshare is gone. We are doing the transfer now.

I could have given away 3 more today. 2 from Kijiji & 1 from here. The Kijijis have been referred to here,

durango5000

Reaction score
Successfully gave away 9000 annual Bluegreen points.

See http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1690192&postcount=1

Posted ad to this forum in November of 2014 with terms of zero cost to buyer but no access to TS until deal closed. Seller paid all closing costs: just the mandatory $350 Bluegreen transfer fee.

There was no communication from Bluegreen after that. I had an inkling the transfer completed when the spam from Bluegreen it sends to owners stopped in April.

Inquired last week and Bluegreen confirmed transfer completed.

Razorback82

Reaction score
I will take them off your hands

want ads are not permitted here....you can find all existing giveaways in other threads on the forum..or in the marketplace here

http://ads.tug2.net

Last edited by a moderator:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
want ads are not permitted here....you can find all existing giveaways in other threads on the forum..or in the marketplace here

http://ads.tug2.net

Still in the process of closing. When closing and transfer are done we will delete that ad. Once that is done we have a different RCI Las Vegas ownership to dispose of that is one long block off of the strip. If you want to call us wait until tomorrow as we have a phone Person coming some time today to repair our phone lines. :D Bruce F. Czajkowski

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
All of the timeshare weeks I own with the exception of one I got thru TUG. Trying to sell the exception and then just keep the ones I have aquired. Was able to return my first timeshare thru TUG advice and My SA one with other Tuggers advice. Been Timesharing since 1981 and still learning new things all the time, hopefully some of my advice has helped others on this forum?
Silentg

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I recently adopted a timeshare near Disneyland on this forum.
...]

Are you interested in another? I know of 2 you might like.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you interested in another? I know of 2 you might like.

I'm guessing you mean Disney World, Orlando - not Disneyland, Anaheim? ;)

I recently gave away my Orlando timeshare and adopted one in Anaheim.