• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside/Atlantis Dinner Reservations -- Full?!

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
My family of 4 will be at Harborside at the end of March, so I called today, 3+ weeks out, for dinner reservations. Both Mesa Grill and Carmine's only have early (5pm) and late (9pm) seating available for every night during that week. Hard to believe that everyone going to Atlantis is that organized to have made reservations already. Dining plan preference, maybe? (Carmine's is closed Sun/Mon, for anyone wondering, but Mesa is open every night.)

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW- I am shocked by this. I always make our reservations when I get to HRA and I have never had a problem. Of course my family usually eats dinner around 4:30pm so we always are starving by the time we can finally get a dinner seating (as most of the restaurants do not open until 5:30 or 6pm). I guess I am glad that we eat dinner early as I could not imagine making reservations a month in advance.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to Virgil's instead. It's cheaper than most other restaurants in the resort and shouldn't be as hard to get into.

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds crazy, though I can't say I'm surprised.

Carmine's is our favorite, we have crammed around a small bar table when we haven't been able to get a reservation, and eaten there. We tend to be quick, not linger types.

We have had a splurge meal at the meat platter place on the last two trips, can't remember the name. The kids love it. Bahamian Club? It seems to be an easier reservation.

I'd also try back a few times, maybe something will change or they will open up space if they realize how booked they are getting.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds crazy, though I can't say I'm surprised.

Carmine's is our favorite, we have crammed around a small bar table when we haven't been able to get a reservation, and eaten there. We tend to be quick, not linger types.

We have had a splurge meal at the meat platter place on the last two trips, can't remember the name. The kids love it. Bahamian Club? It seems to be an easier reservation.

I'd also try back a few times, maybe something will change or they will open up space if they realize how booked they are getting.

Yes we always eat at Bahamian Club when we visit but they do not open until 6pm; by that time we are very hungry we can hardly stand it. In fact, we might not eat there next time due to the late opening hours.

I believe that cancellations have to be made by 4pm. I have heard that if you call around that time the day of, you often can get into most of the restaurants.

NEGreyhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow

Was there for the week of Valentine's Day and there were several restaurants closed during the week. Had a bit of a challenge in getting a reservation but eventually got Carmines. Prices initially scare you but when you realize the meal is really for a group of 4 it is quite fine. Bagged what we couldn't eat and it was enough for at least 2 meals.
Can't figure why it would be so difficult to book such far in advance.:doh:

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just there in middle of january, didn't make any dinner reservations in advance until we got there. No problems. I wonder what the issue is ... good luck, maybe take the opportunity to dine about the island.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Issue is time of year--spring break.
Never a problem in January but then problem is many restaurants are closed.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Issue is time of year--spring break.
Never a problem in January but then problem is many restaurants are closed.
Good thing you are at the Timeshare and have a kitchen to cook for yourself. Imagine if you had a hotel room and nowhere to eat!!!

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Even Virgil's wasn't taking reservations until 8pm. We ate at Carmine's, Virgil's, Chop Stix, and Mesa Grill during the week. Carmine's was still busy at 8, but Virgil's had half their tables empty and still made us wait for our reservation. Very strange operations management.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Even Virgil's wasn't taking reservations until 8pm. We ate at Carmine's, Virgil's, Chop Stix, and Mesa Grill during the week. Carmine's was still busy at 8, but Virgil's had half their tables empty and still made us wait for our reservation. Very strange operations management.

Sounds to me like they are having trouble finding waitstaff and/or chefs. This isn't unusual on resort islands where the cost of living is extremely high.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like they are having trouble finding waitstaff and/or chefs. This isn't unusual on resort islands where the cost of living is extremely high.

If true, this is really scary given the new resort opening later this year and will hire 1000s of workers. According to this theory, Nassau needs more labor. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Ultimately we need more swim up bars in the Bahamas!

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been to this resort, at least not yet. What do you mean a dinner for 4 at Carmines? Does everyone eat the same food items, or do you have an individual choice?
Thanks, Sue

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been to this resort, at least not yet. What do you mean a dinner for 4 at Carmines? Does everyone eat the same food items, or do you have an individual choice?
Thanks, Sue

Carmines serve food family style.
You can order your own, especially steaks but it is a family style restaurant.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If true, this is really scary given the new resort opening later this year and will hire 1000s of workers. According to this theory, Nassau needs more labor. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Ultimately we need more swim up bars in the Bahamas!

But didn't Atlantis let 000s go just a couple years ago or so? Perhaps they moved. I suspect they are just slow at new hiring as they have had poor results predicting the number of visitors.

Sent from my iPad

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not strange at all. If they were only anticipating operating at half capacity that evening and only had the wait staff for half the tables, chefs for half the tables then filling the place up because people arrive early will just lead to delays and frustration to all the guests.
Restaurant kitchens have capacity constraints and in this case it seems staffing was the likely constraint.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent update about level of difficulty for getting reservations at Atlantis? We're headed there on Sunday. Does anyone know if they take reservations prior to checking in at the resort?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
This seems to happen to us all the time. We try to make a reservation and are told they are full, so it has to be early or late. When we get there, the place is half empty. My wife has a theory that they only schedule so many workers, so even if there are empty tables, they won't seat you because there isn't enough wait staff or cooking staff to give you good service.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We didn't have any problems getting reservations during the second week of July. We had to change our Carmine's reservation (made several weeks in advance), due to additional people, but that only pushed our reservation back from 6PM to 8PM. Otherwise, we were able to get reservations all over Atlantis - with some flexibility. We also had a wonderful dinner at Graycliff.