• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Pacific Transfer, LLC - Hermosa Beach, CA

lotus5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience or feedback re. this escrow company?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If they told you their name was Pacific Transfer LLC, the state of CA has NO business entity by that name.

I found their website which is actually Pacific Property Transfer (has an address in Hermosa Beach). Again, the state of CA has NO RECORD of a corporation or LLC by that name. I also checked Real Estate and Financial Institutions licenses for both Pacific Transfer and Pacific Property Transfer in the state of CA and again, NO RECORD. To add further concern, their website was created a couple of months ago in June 2011.

It looks like eBay seller selltimeshare.org is using this "title" company. Based on the above though, I would be cautious to do any business with them.

mslvasquez

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://pacificpropertytransfer.com/

If you google their toll-free phone number, it comes back as "Pacific Transfer" with the web address http://pacificpropertytransfer.com/ . They are not a registered LLC with the State of California.

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed because they have over $3K of our money right now for a timeshare purchase with the E-Bay seller out of Florida.

The address I have on my paperwork for them is: 2241 West 190th St, Suite 200A, Torrence, CA 90504 (different from their website)

Will keep you posted as things progress on my transaction.

:ponder:

In fairness to them, so far anyway, their paperwork process seems very clean and all handled on-line with electronic signatures, etc. The have contacted me via e-mail several times---after I paid also.

Last edited:

mslvasquez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pacific Transfer Follow-up

I think they are legit...I called their offices...they have several agents and the one assigned to my transaction was friendly, had correct information and could give me a status of our closing. She is waiting for the seller's signed documents in today's mail and is e-mailing me after she confirmed they have been received.

I am not an expert---but, I wouldn't cross them off your list just yet.

Andythefox

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am using them also. So far they have been polite, fast, accurate and most of all, honest. I have nothing but good things to say about them so far. They even send you text messages every time something happens on your file.

Andythefox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:

Spoke with Wyndham today. Title transferred to my name on 10/14 and that I should be receiving my welcome package in the mail within the next 5-7 days. Total turnaround time took approximately one month.

I'm very happy and satisfied with both the seller and the title company.

Andy

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Generic Search of Craigslist Los Angeles with the Word TimeShare they came up as a company recruiting Transfer Agents

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I think they are legit...I called their offices...they have several agents and the one assigned to my transaction was friendly, had correct information and could give me a status of our closing. She is waiting for the seller's signed documents in today's mail and is e-mailing me after she confirmed they have been received.

I checked the state of CA again, just to see if Pacific Transfer, LLC is now registered. The answer is NO. While you may think they are legit, just be aware that the closing company Pacific Transfer, LLC may be operating illegally in the state of CA

Last edited:

traudem

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would be very careful, I have been trying for several weeks to get documentation for a transfer and have left numerous messages and emails and am still waiting for a response. THEY WORK WITH A SCAM OPERATION BY THE NAME OF: THE WYATT FOUNDATION.:annoyed:

jghall

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closing

I have a Hyatt purchase through them currently and the deed has been recorded and is being sent to Hyatt....all is good so far

rjp1020

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also have an issue with Pacific Transfer. We purchased a timeshare on e-bay from selltimeshare.org. We started the process on 10/5, submitted all the on-line paperwork, sent them 4K and it has been almost a month and we have not heard a peep. Our e-mails to the agent assigned to us from Pacific Transfer have gone unanswered. We will let you know if there is any more status.

rjp1020

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally heard back from Pacific Transfer

When we did not hear back from Pacific Transfer, we contacted the selling company Selltimeshare.org, they were able to give us some status. They will give feedback to Pacific Transfer to be more responsive to their customers. We will see if this works. In the meantime an agent from Pacific Transfer called us and said she was buried. She promised to keep us informed on a regular basis. Will keep you all posted with our status.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also have an issue with Pacific Transfer. We purchased a timeshare on e-bay from selltimeshare.org. We started the process on 10/5, submitted all the on-line paperwork, sent them 4K and it has been almost a month and we have not heard a peep. Our e-mails to the agent assigned to us from Pacific Transfer have gone unanswered. We will let you know if there is any more status.

I made a purchase on 9/30 and have had similar problems and did not get any responses for weeks. Seems they are under staffed and when I threatened to contact PAY Pal and ebay to complain I got response and a manager is now handled the closing. It seems that this company only started about 4-6 months ago and most of their staff are still being trained as they have hired new people.

Latest communcation is all paperwork is complete and transfer papers have been sent to resort.

I will contact resort next week to find out if they have received everything needed to transfer timeshare.:crash: :shrug:

mslvasquez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting

I will be interested to hear how you all do. I did leave a snarky voice mail for my escrow agent because of no communication. She and I spoke directly twice (both time due to me calling them) and she said she was waiting for the signed seller documents via certified mail.

After my snarky voice mail, she returned my call to say everything was signed and that she was sending the documents to the resort for name transfers...she indicated that she had positive results from them and the specific Hyatt employee she deals with and generally has a 1 week to 2 week turnaround.

That phone call was on 10/24/2011, so I expecting to hear something tomorrow or I will be calling her again for an update.

We have two TS in escrow right now...and I have to admit the other is way less stressful because they give you a user name and PW for a website where you can check status whenever you want...and the status is actually updated frequently...makes it much nicer on the buyer side.

Will post when I know more.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I also have a pending timeshare purchase with Pacific Transfer. My experience is similar to others listed here. Their customer service is sorely lacking regarding status updates and general communication. It is difficult to get them to return a phone call or email message. I'm not ready to cry fraud yet, but I'm nervously hoping the transaction goes through without a problem.

I'll report back with updates and hope others will as well.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I also have a pending timeshare purchase with Pacific Transfer. My experience is similar to others listed here. Their customer service is sorely lacking regarding status updates and general communication. It is difficult to get them to return a phone call or email message. I'm not ready to cry fraud yet, but I'm nervously hoping the transaction goes through without a problem.
With little communication coming from Pacific Transfer, I contacted the seller (selltimeshare.org). The seller was able to get their attention and suddenly I got a flury of email status updates from Pacific Transfer.

I do not detect a fraudulent operation, but Pacific Transfer is very poor with customer service and communication (Example: It took them almost a month to notify me after the deed had been recorded). Pacific Transfer seems overwhelmed with work and a buyer needs to stay on top of them in order to get forward movement (Example: It has now been three months since the eBay auction ended, yet the closing process is still dragging on. By comparison, another timeshare purchase of mine earlier this year closed in 25 days start to finish).

If you have a choice, I would try to avoid Pacific Transfer in favor of one of the other highly-recommended closing services listed here on tugbbs. Even if you have to pay an extra hundred dollars in closing costs to go with another company, Pacific Transfer is not worth the frustration and delays.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
No Business Record for Pacific Transfer, LLC

A reminder for those thinking about doing business with Pacific Transfer, LLC. This limited liability company IS NOT REGISTERED WITH THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. As I see it, this company either:

(1) Has a the name Pacific Transfer, LLC filed in another state. If so, they are STILL REQUIRED TO REGISTER THAT BUSINESS ENTITY WITH THE STATE OF CA since they are doing business in the state of CA (they have a CA address).
(2) Their name "Pacific Transfer, LLC" is not their REAL business name. That would beg the question what IS their name and why are they shielding it?

I am not sure I would trust my money with a business that doesn't appear to follow the law. If you want to do business with them, it might be a good idea to get clarification on their business name.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
Another update ...

Pacific Transfer sent me a pdf copy of the recorded deed document. The deed was recorded on October 19, 2011. The deed does not show up yet on the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances website, but I understand there is typically a delay before you can see the information online.

Pacific Transfer assured me that they had sent the ownership transfer information to Marriott Vacation Club several weeks ago. However, when I called Marriott this morning, they claimed to have no paperwork related to this transaction. I am now forced to do the coordination legwork between Pacific Transfer and Marriott to ensure that this gets done properly. I will likely take control of the closing process at this point and finish processing the remaining paperwork myself.

These guys are bozos - I recommend that you avoid Pacific Transfer at all costs for any timeshare purchase.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another update ...

Pacific Transfer sent me a pdf copy of the recorded deed document. The deed was recorded on October 19, 2011. The deed does not show up yet on the Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances website, but I understand there is typically a delay before you can see the information online.

Pacific Transfer assured me that they had sent the ownership transfer information to Marriott Vacation Club several weeks ago. However, when I called Marriott this morning, they claimed to have no paperwork related to this transaction. I am now forced to do the coordination legwork between Pacific Transfer and Marriott to ensure that this gets done properly. I will likely take control of the closing process at this point and finish processing the remaining paperwork myself.

These guys are bozos - I recommend that you avoid Pacific Transfer at all costs for any timeshare purchase.

Sorry to hear that happened.
If Marriott got a new deed, they would have updated your account within a week. At least that's what happened to me 2 weeks ago.
These days, marriott transfer (title) dep. work very fast.
Maybe you can send a new deed and transfer fee ($25) to directly Marriott.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
Maybe you can send a new deed and transfer fee ($25) to directly Marriott.
Yep, that's exactly what I plan on doing.

I already have the Domestic Transfer Packet from Marriott which details the information they require.
In addition to the new deed, I also need to provide a copy of the ROFR waiver.
Still trying to get that ROFR doc from Pacific Transfer - hopefully tomorrow.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
My closing is finally complete after 4 long and frustrating months of dealing with Pacific Transfer.

Because of the ineptitude of Pacific Transfer, I was forced to take over the final steps of the closing process. I requested the ownership transfer packet from Marriott. I requested a copy of the ROFR waiver from Marriott. I obtained a copy of the recorded deed. Then I sent in all the required info to Marriott along with the $25 transfer fee (paid out of my own pocket). After just 4 days, Marriott had the unit listed under my name. This task is something that Pacific Transfer could not get accomplished in 6 weeks. If I had not taken these steps, this "dance of the dunces" with Pacific Transfer likely would have gone on for several more months.

The main thing that I am grateful for is that Pacific Transfer's poor processes did not derail the entire purchase and result in legal action.

Please folks - avoid using Pacific Transfer for you timeshare closings - even if you must pay an extra hundred dollars for a different closing company. There are a number of highly-recommended closing companies here on tug. There is no reason to put up with the delays and frustration associated with Pacific Transfer.

jghall

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfer

My Hyatt transfer with them went through without a hitch in less than 2 months

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a purchase on 9/30 and have had similar problems and did not get any responses for weeks. Seems they are under staffed and when I threatened to contact PAY Pal and ebay to complain I got response and a manager is now handled the closing. It seems that this company only started about 4-6 months ago and most of their staff are still being trained as they have hired new people.

Latest communcation is all paperwork is complete and transfer papers have been sent to resort.

I will contact resort next week to find out if they have received everything needed to transfer timeshare.:crash: :shrug:

Finally received confirmation from resort that everything is complete and we are officially owners. :cheer:

Keithbm

Reaction score
Sell Timeshare and Pacific Transfer are legitimate companies

I recommend Sell Timeshare for people wanting to buy timeshares on the second hand market at a reasonable price. I recently completed a purchase of an annual ownership float winter week at a Starwood property in Colorado though David C. at Sell Timeshare. David C. was great at explaining the process and how purchasing a week on the secondary market is different from buying directly from Starwood; that there is no internal trading using Options and no trading for hotel points. However, I bought the week to use for skiing and didn't care about paying at least $30,000 more for those trading options. We used Pacific Transfer to process the paperwork and the online processing worked well. The Pacific Transfer agent was also very helpful in answering the questions I had about the transfer process. The process took about 6 weeks. Due to the comments in this section I faxed a copy of the title to Starwood and did not rely just on Pacific Transfer. However, I was told that Pacific Transfer sent in my paperwork to Starwood right away.