• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No log in and extra fees

greenwich3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to log in since Christmas with no luck to make my changes on moving points. They charged me the extra fee for not doing it online even though it is their system that can't handle it. So I had them reverse it and will try overnight Again to do it.

Perhaps a small company like Hilton can make a website big enough to handle their own traffic with their own customers. They can do it with the extra money they charge when you can't get logged in.

Anyone been able to log in?

danoquinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am having the same problems for the last two days. I think I will try during off hours and see how that works.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
No luck last few days....

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Perhaps the computer took a vacation along with the staff.

I've been on there daily since they started their holiday hours. The login times-out or is slow and finally lets me in after multiple tries. Once in, forget using Revolution. It times-out with errors as well. Go straight for Classic if you need to book. Good luck.

blueskys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could log in last night no problem. No luck in the daytime though.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I was afraid of this so booked something in RCI instead to save my points and scored a nice Manhattan club for NYE. Maybe that's an option you guys should consider if you can't save your points in time. ;)

Intheknow

Reaction score
I learned my lesson last year so I did my transactions early in December so I wouldn't have any problem getting in. Try calling earlier in the month next year and I'm sure you won't have any problems at all.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its truly pathetic

When I finally got into the website yesterday, the system would not let me deposit 2012 points into 2013, and said this had to be done through a counselor. When i called, she wanted the $84 instead of $69 because I had been unable to do it on line. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, her canned response was "we already have a memo from our director saying we could not charge the lower due to web site issues, because it not our fault, you had all year to deposit those points etc." I suggested that maybe it was Hilton's fault for not having a robust enough website, and that maybe the director could pass this on to the IT crowd. (I didn't suggest that they should get their noses out of the holiday eggnog). Her canned response was that if I wished I could pass my comments on by making them on the website! How cool is that, huh, I can go to the lousy website to make my comments! :rofl:

Great job Hilton or should I say Blackstone. I you keep the website down into tomorrow, I will have to pay the extra $15 toward your year end bonus pool.

jestme

Reaction score
I learned my lesson last year so I did my transactions early in December so I wouldn't have any problem getting in. Try calling earlier in the month next year and I'm sure you won't have any problems at all.

Do you have any suggestions as to what members are supposed to do about Open Season reservations that you cannot do early? Hilton knows this is a problem, it is every year. They need to fix it. Adding the "Revolution System" system overhead and response times just made it a lot worse.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Do you have any suggestions as to what members are supposed to do about Open Season reservations that you cannot do early? Hilton knows this is a problem, it is every year. They need to fix it. Adding the "Revolution System" system overhead and response times just made it a lot worse.

Aren't the open season rates the same if you call in or use the website? :shrug:

jestme

Reaction score
Aren't the open season rates the same if you call in or use the website? :shrug:

Yes they are the same price, but I don't really want to call in 10 times a day and wait 10 minutes in line for an operator to find out there is still nothing available. If we all did that, you wouldn't get through to an operator either.

greenwich3

TUG Member
Reaction score
HELLO HILTON!!!! Listen to your members.

Fix the website or give the give the fee reduction on the phine this week and stop blaming your customers who paid thousands to be members. You set it up with the deadlines and rules, so make it work correctly, or remove the charges.

Buyers who google Hilton Timeshares often end up at this website. An intelligent company would want customers saying nice things here instead of grabbing $15 fees due to their lack of planning a website that works.

Need we say more?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Online Problem

Well, I haven't had a problem getting online. But I have a problem with what it will allow me to do.

I have two accounts - one for an affiliate, and one for HGVC Flamingo. In the past (when the fees were the same whether online or by phone), I'd call in, get the points transferred from the affiliate account to my Flamingo account, and then convert the total points to HHonors - all for one fee. I've even asked the counsellor about it, and been assured that I could transfer as many points as I wanted, from as many accounts as I had, for the single fee.

So today I called and got my affiliate points transferred to my Flamingo account. Normally, I would have then done the conversion, but since it now costs more by phone (even though I was already on the phone with the rep), I hung up to do it online.

Anyway, I've now gotten online, but the online form to convert to HHonors points will only allow me to convert the 7000 points from my Flamingo week. So I guess I'll have to call back again to convert the combined points, and pay the $84 phone fee.

Grrrrr

-Bob

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got in on Monday and after many attempts finally was able to roll over points and rescue some points and also pay my dues. I got confirmation emails on the dues and the rescue but no the rollover. The account is correct but no sign of a confirmation.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I finally got into the website yesterday, the system would not let me deposit 2012 points into 2013, and said this had to be done through a counselor. When i called, she wanted the $84 instead of $69 because I had been unable to do it on line.

This is total BS. Why is the counselor's system working correctly but not the on-line system? Something smells fishy. :confused:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Perhaps folks need to set their alarms for 3AM.

Without excusing HGVC's conduct and attitude...
-- This is another reason why 'tis better to be borrowing than banking.
-- If one has no points to convert, deposit or rescue, then no worries.

Disclosure: This is the first year since 2007 that I've been so lucky.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Friendly Reminder - Club Call Center December Holiday Schedule

".... In addition, the hours of operation on Saturday, December 31 will be from 8:00am to 10:00pm Eastern Time in observance of the New Year Holiday. Our offices will reopen on Monday, January 2 at 8:00am. Our website remains available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. "

JMHO....If you're unable to move your points online before Saturday Dec 31, I suggest calling early Saturday and paying the extra fee. I would also suggest emailing the help desk to request a refund of the difference if you're unable to complete the transaction online and had to call in (it never hurts to ask in writing).

Good Luck :)

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'd like to pay our MF's but am unable to log onto the website at 05:06 AM CST. It's always nice when a small company like HGVC isn't able to accept payments.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I finally just got the website to accept our MF payment but, it was really glitchy. There for a moment it looked as if it was stuck and was repeatedly charging my credit card. I have one E-mail confirmation so hopefully it went through without the glitchs their website has been having. Still, a more frustrating experience than I want when paying MF's to a timeshare developer.

Intheknow

Reaction score
In defense of HGV, they did tell us in the last Inside Track not to wait until the last week of the year to do our transactions. As we say "you can't build the church for Easter Sunday".

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'd like to pay our MF's but am unable to log onto the website at 05:06 AM CST. It's always nice when a small company like HGVC isn't able to accept payments.

Your HOA can wait.
My local R/E taxes and Christmas spending show up the same CC bill in January.
So I figure the HOA's can get by without me, until a bit closer to the delinquency date.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I couldn't get into the web site, so I called on the phone. Message was--we are busy with too many calls and not enough people, go try the web site :rofl: or call back later (and maybe we'll answer?) :hysterical: Oh well, Ill try later.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
In defense of HGV, they did tell us in the last Inside Track not to wait until the last week of the year to do our transactions. As we say "you can't build the church for Easter Sunday".

I'd buy that line if not for the fact I own timeshares with 4 other companies, including Marriott. None of those companies had one lick of trouble taking my money. Only HGVC's website gave me trouble.

So in all the other timeshare owners defense, if every other major timeshare brand can do it, HGVC should be able to manage as well.

Intheknow

Reaction score
do other timeshare clubs let you roll your points over year after year after year. I think HGV is the only one that you can use pts from 2009 in 2012. I am sure the system for paying fees is the same system for saving points it is overloaded this time of year.